Bills OTAs

22 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I'm not sure about that, regarding McK just so I'm clear. Obviously anything can happen, but imo I feel comfortable considering McK as a "lock" myself. So if I'm correct then in this case it would leave 1 spot to compete for. Unless they decide to keep an extra....

I have a hard time seeing Austin kept over McK anyways....

If Austin is going to beat anyone out, it will be Crowder.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Cook and Austin have been blowing past defenders. Electric out there and a breath of fresh air. 

While I agree that does sound great, however it's somewhat to be expected this early. Will be more exciting if it continues through TC

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

While I agree that does sound great, however it's somewhat to be expected this early. Will be more exciting if it continues through TC

I always had high hopes for Austin and his 4.34 speed. For multiple reasons, he hasn’t been able to piece things together. As long as he is healthy, we offer the best growing environment possible. If he fails here, there is nothing left. From all accounts, his shiftiness has been on full display already. Really excited for this team with Cook and Austin. Good luck opposing defenses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You don’t think we keep 7WRs? They all likely make the team. The battle is going to come down to Shakir/Kumerow/Hodgins for 6/7. 

In that case if comes down to those 3 then I assume their ST performances will play biggest role 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You don’t think we keep 7WRs? They all likely make the team. The battle is going to come down to Shakir/Kumerow/Hodgins for 6/7. 

Could be. I just think Lil Dirty’s spot on the roster is more secure than Crowder’s is.

We have turned a 1st round talent around in Hughes. I don’t know why, but I get that total vibe from Austin. I see this as the most underrated signing of the year. Allen will find him. 

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

In that case if comes down to those 3 then I assume their ST performances will play biggest role 

Given the propensity of our team to not cut draft picks. I feel like Kumerow will be the cut. But his ST is a major plus. Hodgins has had a nice camp so far. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beasley has been more productive than Crowder in 3 of the last 4 seasons..........in the NFL it's about what you've done lately.    Crowder got a cheap deal because he's  declined the last 2 seasons.

They didn't replace Sanders..........Davis was already there..........the question is can Davis stay healthy for a season,  he has been limited for stretches by foot injuries his first two seasons.........and he also is an anti-vaxer and missed the Bills biggest regular season game last season due to Covid.........Covid will still sideline players this season.

Last season at this time Daryl Williams was coming off a tremendous season where he was a top 5 starting RT in the NFL.    He shut down TJ Watt in their matchup in 2020.    Feliciano was seen as a solid starter/tone setter and Boettger had been good as a reserve in 2020.   Bates was their cherished backup at center.  Ford hadn't totally fallen off of a cliff like he did in 2021.    On paper they looked pretty good,   it's not a notably better OL in that regard than the one that ended up as the league worst in combined sacks and pressures allowed in 2021.    They could end up being a lot better but signing a swing tackle who gave up the most sacks in the league(Quessenberry, 11) didn't really change that dynamic much.

You're comparing very different Os and QBs with Crowder and Beasley over their past 3-4 years and assigning the "decline" to Crowder vs the Jets' O as a whole--they ranked at the bottom in 2 of the last 3 years.  If anything, the stats suggest Crowder's stats will be even better playing with Allen and the Bills.

While Davis was here, it's clear that he will upgrade the #2 position with Sanders gone.  Davis and Diggs will be > Sanders and Diggs from last year.  As for covid, having the vaccine does not prevent you from getting it, so that's not really a meaningful argument for this year...

As I stated in (..) outside of the O-line, the O is better than last year, so I am not disagreeing with you there.

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

Could be. I just think Lil Dirty’s spot on the roster is more secure than Crowder’s is.

Both are very good and I’d be sad to see either cut. Crowder has over performed with subpar QBs. I think we make room for both. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I could see Austin beating out McKenzie since they both offer similar skill sets but Austin might be a better return man. 

I can't see McK not on the roster myself, but never know what will happen I guess

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The Rams lost Bob Woods last season and still won the super bowl partly because they had 4 capable outside WRs at the time of the injury.  

If they had lost Aaron Donald or Jalen Ramsey they wouldn't have been so lucky. No team has great depth everywhere. The cap and limited draft picks means you have to accept some weak points. When you have the best QB in the league you can manage the loss of a starting outside WR better than most.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

What a shocker. The Pessimism Twins are on the same page on this topic and BADOL is telling me I’m wrong. The more things change…

As for spending to improve the defense (even though, despite what you say, they DID also make moves to improve the offense)…Gosh, what a blunder!

I must have hallucinated the fact that the Bills offense put up 47 and 36 points in the playoffs this season, but the defense gave up 38 and 42 points to the Chiefs to get eliminated from the playoffs in consecutive years.

I’m convinced that you two will complain about the Bills’ decision making regardless. If they had invested big on offense like you wanted but not fixed the D-line, and the Bills went out and failed to produce pressure or stop the run this season, and Mahomes had all day to sit in the pocket and dissect them and send them packing again, it’s easy to guess who the very first two people on this forum to complain would be.

Lastly, BADOL, have you EVER been wrong? Like…even once? You must be on like a 40 or 50 year streak at this point. Very impressive.

I’d take stacking the offensive side of the ball over defense any day of the week…. They obviously think different and their comfort zone is clearly defense…. Let’s not pretend McDs gigantic cluster ***** of 13 seconds didn’t contribute to sending the team packing as well as an offense that had 4 total 3rd quarter yards before Josh Allen put the team/offense on his back despite their flaws…..  And your takes took a gigantic hit when you infamously suggested the “Bills were doing it right” with their mid tier FA signings while building through the draft and that spending big money on top FAs isn’t the way to go right before they signed Von Miller.😅

I think people expecting the offense to be dominant this season will be slightly disappointed… specifically to start the season and if injuries hit. 

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Given the propensity of our team to not cut draft picks. I feel like Kumerow will be the cut. But his ST is a major plus. Hodgins has had a nice camp so far.

Not really what I would consider "camp" just yet though. 

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

With how little we tend to cut draft picks. I’m willing to bet Kumerow is on the outside looking in and will be cut if it comes down to him and Hodgins. 

Why/how would Hodgins beat out Kumerow? Kumerow plays ST, and has gotten targets on offense. What reason would anyone have to believe that Hodgins (who has already missed practice time with an injury) would be above Kumerow on the depth chart? We really haven't heard anything significant about Hodgins since he was complimented (along with Davis) for knowing the playbook in his rookie training camp. IMO, it's more likely that Hodgins is competing for a spot on the PS. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

With how little we tend to cut draft picks. I’m willing to bet Kumerow is on the outside looking in and will be cut if it comes down to him and Hodgins. 

Kumerow has a better ABILITY than Hodgins... AVAIL