American CULTURAL Marxism: The Commie Left And Those Who Support Them (Useful Idiots)

The Government knows best.

The federal government seeks to snuff out the light of a Catholic hospital

An Oklahoma Catholic hospital has been advised by the federal government they must blow out a candle in their chapel sanctuary or else HHS will revoke their approval to care for Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP patients. Becket Law a non-profit, non-partisan, law firm is fighting back.

You can click the tweet below and read the entire thread on the candle, why it is important to the catholic faith, why the hospital keeps it lit, and how Becket Law plans to fight.

This editor was not the only person appalled to learn of this egregious act of aggression towards the hospital.

Saint Francis Health System runs the premiere hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where it cares for nearly 400,000 patients each year and employs more than 11,000 Oklahomans.

Maybe if there were a rainbow on it it would allowed.

And where is our "Catholic" president ?

https://twitchy.com/artistangie-313138/2023/05/04/the-federal-government-seeks-to-snuff-out-the-light-of-a-catholic-hospital/

• Like (+1) 1

• BillsFanNC changed the title to American Marxism: The Commie Left And Those Who Support Them (Useful Idiots)
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

More on the above.

Thou shalt have no other gods before ... HHS?

sanctuary-candle-450x257.jpg

Should a Catholic hospital be forced to snuff out its Eucharistic candle in order to provide care to the elderly, poor, and infirm? That is precisely the position taken by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), on multiple occasions, with St. Francis Hospital and Health System in Oklahoma. In order to continue to get reimbursements for care provided under CMS programs, the Catholic hospital will have to violate Catholic canons by getting rid of its Eucharistic candle, or removing its tabernacle and stop conducting Mass on site:

This hospital has been in business for six decades with its Catholic chapel and tabernacle. Has there ever been an incident that would cause CMS to think this is a fire hazard? The candle is encased in glass — twice over —  and topped with a brass cap, firmly affixed to the wall of the chapel. (The picture above is the actual candle in question, from the response by Becket Law to CMS, to which we’ll return momentarily.) Does this look like a fire hazard to anyone — even without the knowledge that it has existed without incident at St. Francis Hospital for 60 years, or that every Catholic church and chapel have had the same candle burning 364 days a year, for about two thousand years?

The candle is a crucial form of worship in the most literal sense, too. It signifies the real presence of Christ in the transubstantiated host in the nearby tabernacle, a firm Catholic belief. It honors and worships the Lord through its continued burning. Only when the tabernacle is empty does the candle go out, and that is only during the Easter Passion prior to the Easter Vigil, when the Eucharist returns to the tabernacle.

It doesn’t matter that some petty bureaucrat — in this case, Scott J. Cooper of CMS — doesn’t like candles in hospitals. It doesn’t matter if others think that a battery-operated fake candle is sufficient. What matters is what Catholics believe and what their faith requires for worship and proper expression of their religious beliefs.

To demand that the hospital remove its sanctuary candle is to demand that the hospital either (a) reject the doctrine of Real Presence, or (b) force an end to Catholic worship in a hospital. Either way, it is at the least interfering with freedom of religious expression, and at worst requiring a Catholic hospital to put the government before God in order to serve its community.

Furthermore, why is CMS even making these determinations? Fire safety in buildings are the responsibility of local fire marshals, whom I can assure you from personal experience are not cream puffs. My favorite joke from my burg-fire alarm career attests to this:

Q: What’s the difference between God and a fire marshal?

A: God doesn’t think he’s a fire marshal.

More at the link:  https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023/05/04/thou-shalt-have-no-other-gods-before-hhs-n548323

where does it explain why?

On 4/26/2023 at 7:55 AM, B-Man said:

NNo2Fkw.png

Yeah, those enlightened Enlightenment men understood that the products of your labor belonged to you and only you!

Except when they belonged to the master who paid good money for you.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.newsweek.com/target-faces-bomb-threats-amid-lgbtq-controversy-1802991

"Target is full of...cowards who turned their back on the LGBT community and decided to cater to the homophobic right wing redneck bigots who protested and vandalized their store," read the email. "We won't stand idly by as the far right continues to hunt us down."

Leftists must be getting desperate...they are ripping their masks off.

Oh and "protested and vandalized" lol...so much hypocrisy I just...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

You and I have gone back and forth on the ‘commie’ label but I believe the topic of universal healthcare is the bridge they REALLY want to cross. What comes after that I’m not so sure anyone knows, not even them. Which is why I think the commie term may be a tad overarching. 

• Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You and I have gone back and forth on the ‘commie’ label but I believe the topic of universal healthcare is the bridge they REALLY want to cross. What comes after that I’m not so sure anyone knows, not even them. Which is why I think the commie term may be a tad overarching. 

It's right there in bold. 

Health equity

All part of the DEI commie narrative inserted into everything today.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's right there in bold. 

Health equity

All part of the DEI commie narrative inserted into everything today.

Agree, somewhat…all the rest of todays topics de jour are a distraction that pale in comparison to the Holy Grail of universal healthcare. The real question is what comes AFTER that goal is reached. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Democrats’ Greatest Achievement: Convincing Idiots That Tyranny Is Virtue.

I have to give it to the progressives Marxists–they sure know how to play the long game.

The far lefties have spent decades demonizing conservatives, Republicans, and white Christians as hateful, racist, terrorists, hell-bent on oppressing minorities, and, lately, guilty of taking down our American democracy, while at the same time assuring their minions they are morally superior to these same liberty-embracing crowd.

Leftists, desperate to feed their cowardice — rather than starve it to death and replace it with courage — eat up their phantom supremacy by swallowing whatever self-righteous balderdash their Democrats masters throw at them, even if that means slowly stripping away their own freedoms.

Those at the top of the Democrat hate pyramid have learned they can thrust tyranny on their myrmidons if they just thinly disguise it with a bogus sense of virtue. The weak are easy prey.

Die-hard leftists will trip over themselves in a desperate attempt to out-virtue signal their Bolshie friends, and if that means cutting off their noses to spite our Constitution-loving faces, so be it.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/kevindowneyjr/2023/05/29/the-democrats-greatest-achievement-convincing-idiots-that-tyranny-is-virtue-n1698907

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MARXISM, RACISM, STRAIGHT UP: 

CUNY Commencement Speaker Gives Epic Rant Against Israel and Urges ‘Revolution’ Against ‘Capitalism’ and ‘White Supremacy.’

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2023/05/30/cuny-commencement-speaker-gives-epic-rant-against-israel-and-urges-revolution-against-capitalism-and-white-supremacy-n1699194

Dumbass was condemned by Dems even.  Go back to Yemen.