How many prime time games do you think the Bills will play this season?

tomur67

8 hours ago, chongli said:

Wait, so you're saying the Bills will have to play in the Wild Card?! I want the number one seed this year!

I do too, but Chongman, we play the AFCN, NFCN, Chiefs, Titans, and Rams.  That’s a hellova schedule.

The good news is if we fare well during the season, we will be incredibly ready for the post season.  I expect us to win the division, but it’s a crap shoot whether we go #1.  I’m hopeful we go 12-5.  It’s unreasonable to think we’ll go 17-0.  Not saying you, but J thought we would do better than 11-6 last year.  I thought 12-13 wins and we’ll, the Jags, and 50 mph winds happened with the Cheats.  At least in Foxborough we destroyed those arsclowns.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't think the Bills get the Thanksgiving day game. Buffalo at Detroit probably wont be competitive. Also the Bills have been on Turkey day twice in the last 3 years. Miami has a decent team and will probably get some primetime games as well. Or it could be a long time rival like the Bears at Lions. CBS and FOX do have those crossover games where CBS will have an all NFC matchup and FOX has had an all AFC matchup. Their are better teams/games for the Bills to be on primetime than the Lions. I will make one surprise pick and say the Bills get a primetime game against the Jets. They are a big market NYC area team so they will get one. They played on TNF last year against the Colts. So I could the Jets getting one against one of their top rivals. My guess Bills at Jets on MNF. Some of those "sexy" matchups the Bills will play will be the national games on CBS/FOX and probably with a 4:25 start. 

11 hours ago, chongli said:

Wait, so you're saying the Bills will have to play in the Wild Card?! I want the number one seed this year!

Considering the Bills are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs with McDermott but 3-0 at home I hope we get the #1 seed. It seems the Bills really need it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, chongli said:

im sure there are vpcaveats in how the schedule is published having one cap, then allowing fir flexing to exceed that to 7.

• Like (+1) 1

I prefer Sunday afternoon. 

My big guess is that I really think there’s a good chance the league opens up with BUF @ LAR.

My preference is to get our furthest game out of the way so we don’t shorten a week of prep with travel to and from 

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Considering the Bills are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs with McDermott but 3-0 at home I hope we get the #1 seed. It seems the Bills really need it.

2017 @ Jax (awful game, not affected by the road venue IMO, but I think the Bills win it at home due to how close it was)

2019 @ Houston (does that 2nd half unfold the way it did at home, maybe not)

2020 @ KC (stomped, almost certainly lose at home)

2021 @ KC (I'm convinced the Bills win at home)

So I'll give you two of those, 1 maybe, and one no.

Just now, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

2017 @ Jax (awful game, not affected by the road venue IMO, but I think the Bills win it at home due to how close it was)

2019 @ Houston (does that 2nd half unfold the way it did at home, maybe not)

2020 @ KC (stomped, almost certainly lose at home)

2021 @ KC (I'm convinced the Bills win at home)

So I'll give you two of those, 1 maybe, and one no.

On the flip side we probably lose the Colts game if it was played in Indy. For much of that game the Colts had the better of the play. The Ravens game was a great defensive game highlighted by the 100 yard pick 6. If that game was in Baltimore I don't if they win with the offense playing the way it did that night. That could be a maybe. The Pats game we killed them. That was a win no matter where it was played. I'd like to see the Bills get the #1 seed though. Two (potential) home games to get to the Super Bowl. I like their chances.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

I don't think the Bills get the Thanksgiving day game. Buffalo at Detroit probably wont be competitive. Also the Bills have been on Turkey day twice in the last 3 years. Miami has a decent team and will probably get some primetime games as well. Or it could be a long time rival like the Bears at Lions. CBS and FOX do have those crossover games where CBS will have an all NFC matchup and FOX has had an all AFC matchup. Their are better teams/games for the Bills to be on primetime than the Lions. I will make one surprise pick and say the Bills get a primetime game against the Jets. They are a big market NYC area team so they will get one. They played on TNF last year against the Colts. So I could the Jets getting one against one of their top rivals. My guess Bills at Jets on MNF. Some of those "sexy" matchups the Bills will play will be the national games on CBS/FOX and probably with a 4:25 start. 

Agreed! I don't think the NFL is going to want to start everyone's Festive Thanksgiving feast with a slaughter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, djp14150 said:

i think 6 is the max a team can get.

most likely 5 games fir prime time.

opener at Rams on NBC

at Bengals on ESPN

Green Bay ( this could be The pre World Series FOX solo game at 425 or be the game against the WS on NBC.  It could also be Xmas game for either 425 or NBC)

Tennessee/Baltimore ( if Green Bay is 425 then both for prime time or designated for Saturday in December)

NE/MIA one home one road….3 games of 6 BUF-MIA-NE divisional match ups. It’s balanced where one is a home and one is a road game for each team. One of them on Thursday. 

Kansas City game is a CBS 425 game.  Lookat Brady-Manning matchups. They rotates being on Monday night, Sunday night, and CBS 425.

Buffalo finishes season at Jets.

pretty damn accurate

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.