TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

Virgil

With the 42nd pick of the TSW 2022 2.0 mock draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State.

This offseason we have lost Zach Pascal to FA, Jack Doyle to retirement, and have yet to bring back (if at all) the oft-injured veteran TY Hilton. That leaves a dearth of proven pass catching options outside of Michael Pittman. Enter Trey McBride. We believe he is the best TE prospect in the class who will contribute right away while having more room to grow and develop into one of the better TE1's in the league. TE2 Mo Alie-Cox was retained, but we are not planning on putting all our eggs in the "MAC blooms into a TE1" basket. It should also be mentioned that our new QB, Matt Ryan, loves to utilize the TE so there will be plenty of targets to go around. We believe this is a great fit that will pay immediate dividends for our offense. 

@CNYfan and the Atlanta Falcons are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Falcons (CNYFan) are on the clock

With the 40th selection of the TSW Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Cameron Thomas Edge San Diego State.  

Atlanta was again torn between interior players on both sides of the ball but with grades being similar went for the Edge rusher they coveted.   Not as high on some boards the Falcon Mock FO sees another high ceiling athlete to grow in this rebuild.  

The Browns with @No_Matter_What are on the clock

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The 49ers (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock

With the 45th pick of the TSW 2022 draft the 49ers select: Arnold Ebiketie, Penn State DE . He posses a wide array of moves and can mix in a bull rush as well some good bend around the outside. Has a relentless motor and will fit in nicely opposite Bosa. 

The Vikings and @glazeduckare now on the clock

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Vikings (glazeduck) are on the clock

NY Jets updated depth chart post mock:  

WR Elijah Moore

WR Corey Davis 

WR Drake London 

WR Denzel Mims

WR Braxton Berrios 

TE CJ Uzamah 

TE Tyler Conklin 

LT Mekhi Becton

LG Alijah Vera-Tucker

C Jared Linderbaum 

RG Laken Tomlinson

RT George Fant 

RB Michael Carter 

RB Tevin Coleman

QB Zach Wilson 

Defense:

DE Carl Lawson

DT Quinnen Williams 

DT Sheldon Rankins/Solomon Thomas

DE George Karlaftis 

LB Quincy Williams

LB CJ Mosley 

CB Andrew Booth

CB Bryce Hall/DJ Reed

SCB Micheal Carter II

S Lewis Cine/Jordan Whitehead 

S Ashtyn Davis

4th Place!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

NY Jets updated depth chart post mock:  

WR Elijah Moore

WR Corey Davis 

WR Drake London 

WR Denzel Mims

WR Braxton Berrios 

TE CJ Uzamah 

TE Tyler Conklin 

LT Mekhi Becton

LG Alijah Vera-Tucker

C Jared Linderbaum 

RG Laken Tomlinson

RT George Fant 

RB Michael Carter 

RB Tevin Coleman

QB Zach Wilson 

Defense:

DE Carl Lawson

DT Quinnen Williams 

DT Sheldon Rankins/Solomon Thomas

DE George Karlaftis 

LB Quincy Williams

LB CJ Mosley 

CB Andrew Booth

CB Bryce Hall/DJ Reed

SCB Micheal Carter II

S Lewis Cine/Jordan Whitehead 

S Ashtyn Davis

4th Place!

I stopped reading at Zach Wilson 😁

• Haha (+1) 5

The chiefs have traded up

The Vikings receive picks 50, 135, 233 (439.5 points) + a 7th next year in exchange for pick 46 (440).

With the 46th pick, the KC Chiefs select, Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida.  

The BPA on our board plays a position of need.  A boundary corner to replace Charvarious Ward.  Good in press and gives us a corner over 6’1.  We didn’t feel there was a WR worthy of being selected over Elam.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/18/2022 at 5:40 PM, NewEra said:

Thanks.  Great post, as usual 😉 

MVS+ Hardman and Juju-  2 outside speed deep threats + the possession guy.  

Kelce will be moving the chains.  4 solid weapons plus someone in rd 2-3 should suffice for 2022.  Its not better than last season….but their D/pass rush will be better with the addition of Johnson.

as of now, their starting DEs are Frank Clark and Chris jones…..and Chris jones @ DE is a PROVEN disaster.  Clark took a huge step back last season.  Mike Danna, Joshua Kaindoh and Malik Herring are the depth.  

they need pass rush help this year.  Kelce isn’t getting any younger and I don’t think they want to throw away the 2022 season. If they go into next season with the same pass rush as last year, I think they’re screwed. 

@Zerovoltz @Billl

judt wondering what your takes are concerning the state of your pass rush/WRs going into the draft?  I’m not saying my way is the right way or the wrong way..,,, just a way that can improve their team,  I know trading away a bunch of picks for 1 player isn’t ideal, but the chiefs won their SB on the legs of elite talent….not a bunch a decent players.  Just my take

I am SURE that I am in the minority of Chiefs fans in my thinking, but in my opinion -

Regarding the WR's.  There is a small 5 game sample of Mahomes without Hill...and those numbers are very good.  As should be expected from an elite QB.  Hill, as you saw in the playoff game, is capable of game changing plays in big moments.  That's the part that will be missed.  ....but overall, KC is fine at WR heading into 2022.  They will be drafting one as they only have basically one guy under contract beyond 2022 (MVS)  So while it's fine for now...they really need to get a guy or 2 into the pipeline for 2023 and beyond.  I think most Chiefs fans would tell you WR is the top priority (it's not)  heading into this draft.  They may well take one high, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find very good players/good draft value a little later.  Some guys I would LOVE - Romeo Doubs, Taquan Thornton, and Erik Ezukanma...all can be had after round 2.  

Defensive End is a different story.  They haven't done anything in FA...maybe they are waiting out Clowney or Ingram, but as it is now..it's a glaring hole.  Clark is basically a one year deal and he hasn't been all that of late.  The rest is JAG city.  I would like to see some draft action on at least 1 if not 2 EDGE players in round 1 and 2.  Guys I like ....and I am really alot higher on him than most...Arnold Ebiketie...LOVE that guy.  Fits the scheme and I think he is a dude that wins on his own VS offensive tackles and wrecks the pocket.  IF you have that guy already...and you roll around to pick 50 and any of Nick Bonitto, Logan Hall or LeMarvin Leal are there...you grab one.  Bonnito reminds me of Dee Ford...a pass rush ONLY guy...who isn't going to set an edge...that doesn't jibe with KC...but if you already have Ebidetie..maybe that works better.  The other 2...they can play inside...or outside and can play the run.  I like Hall the most among these 3.  

You might get a little differnt answer from Billl.  I am pretty sure my thoughts on this don't jibe with most Chiefs fans...hope this was helpful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

I am SURE that I am in the minority of Chiefs fans in my thinking, but in my opinion -

Regarding the WR's.  There is a small 5 game sample of Mahomes without Hill...and those numbers are very good.  As should be expected from an elite QB.  Hill, as you saw in the playoff game, is capable of game changing plays in big moments.  That's the part that will be missed.  ....but overall, KC is fine at WR heading into 2022.  They will be drafting one as they only have basically one guy under contract beyond 2022 (MVS)  So while it's fine for now...they really need to get a guy or 2 into the pipeline for 2023 and beyond.  I think most Chiefs fans would tell you WR is the top priority (it's not)  heading into this draft.  They may well take one high, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find very good players/good draft value a little later.  Some guys I would LOVE - Romeo Doubs, Taquan Thornton, and Erik Ezukanma...all can be had after round 2.  

Defensive End is a different story.  They haven't done anything in FA...maybe they are waiting out Clowney or Ingram, but as it is now..it's a glaring hole.  Clark is basically a one year deal and he hasn't been all that of late.  The rest is JAG city.  I would like to see some draft action on at least 1 if not 2 EDGE players in round 1 and 2.  Guys I like ....and I am really alot higher on him than most...Arnold Ebiketie...LOVE that guy.  Fits the scheme and I think he is a dude that wins on his own VS offensive tackles and wrecks the pocket.  IF you have that guy already...and you roll around to pick 50 and any of Nick Bonitto, Logan Hall or LeMarvin Leal are there...you grab one.  Bonnito reminds me of Dee Ford...a pass rush ONLY guy...who isn't going to set an edge...that doesn't jibe with KC...but if you already have Ebidetie..maybe that works better.  The other 2...they can play inside...or outside and can play the run.  I like Hall the most among these 3.  

You might get a little differnt answer from Billl.  I am pretty sure my thoughts on this don't jibe with most Chiefs fans...hope this was helpful.

Nice, thanks.  I had them in the mock and traded up to 7 and grabbed Jermaine Johnson. I see 4 potentially elite DEs and had the opportunity to grab one, so I did.  

Johnson @ 7 and traded up from 50 to 46 to secure Kaiir Elam.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Johnson is another one I LOVE!  ....all the way up to 7 is rich...but love the player.

I am not that high on Elam...but in your draft he made it to pick 46....I can totally get on board with that.  I would not take Elam in round 1.

Out of curiosity, where did Kyler Gordon go in this draft?  Also Jalen Pitre?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Johnson is another one I LOVE!  ....all the way up to 7 is rich...but love the player.

I am not that high on Elam...but in your draft he made it to pick 46....I can totally get on board with that.  I would not take Elam in round 1.

Yeah I thought he might last longer but Hutchinson, Thibodeaux and Walker went 1-3 and I was really hoping to land one of the 4.  I up traded to 8 (not 7) with the falcons.  The team that never hits on pass rushers but like to draft DL.  The Seahawks and Jets are up next and I think he’s a potential fit in both spots plus the Vikings @12.  Didn’t want to miss out.  

25 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Gordon went #32 to the Lions. Pitre early 30s too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

***Trade Alert***

49ers WR Deebo Samuel for Packers #45 (450) and #76 (210)

Thanks Virgil. 

I told @Virgil and @BigdaddyinOrlando to go ahead and make the trade happen so you guys wouldn't be waiting for my pick while I slept 😂

There were other reasons too for this trade:

1 - the Packers are at a difficult point where they are due a mini-rebuilt but they have to stay all in while they are paying Rodgers big bucks at the end of his career and the NFC is weak;

2 - I am not as high on Deebo as some in that I do think he needs a flexible, creative offensive scheme to be himself, but I do feel he suits the type of offense that Green Bay run which has lots of Shanahan principles and moves their receivers around in the formation. 

3 - In Deebo and Burks I have two chess pieces I can play with to generate favourable matchups. While I don't think either will replace Davante Adams's individual production in 2022, I suspect I'll have more yards combined between my top 2 guys than I did in 2021.

4 - I was waiting on one or two other guys who I felt were too rich for my blood at #28 but who didn't reach #45. As such this was the best way of getting a 2nd high impact player. 

On cost... Virgil and I did discuss and in reality I *think* Deebo fetches a 1st but I don't think you are getting a Davante Adams or Tyreek Hill haul for him. I swapped #28 for #45 and #76 earlier and the values march up so this still equates to a late first round value. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

With the 44th pick, the Cleveland Browns select Logan Hall, DL, Houston.

The 49ers @BigdaddyinOrlandoare on the clock

Thanks Virgil for processing my pick from my shortlist since I was on a high level meeting (i.e. sleeping).

The world will never know but we were hoping that Boye Mafe falls to us. It didn't happen, so we chose Logan Hall as the next player on our board. We need help all over the Dline, and Hall offers lots of versatility. He lined almost everywhere in Houston. He was also getting a lot better each year in college and we hope that the trend continues in Browns uniform.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.