NFL streaming service in the works

Steptide

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

They were great once upon a time......but somewhere along the way their service just turned to crap.   When I moved I just cut them off and never looked back.

The acquisition by AT&T killed what was once a good company with good customer service.  Now that they're off the AT&T tit, hopefully some of that service will return.  I'm still with them, reluctantly and only because of ST, but my account still goes through AT&T website.  Hell knows when that will be resolved.  

On 3/28/2022 at 10:48 PM, Just Jack said:

I'd have four subscription levels

1) Your team

2) Your teams division

3) Your teams conference

4) All games 

I have seen this before, don't expect "your team" to be cheap, that is 99% of the reason anyone would subscribe, that is the golden goose.

13 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

You can only watch so much content at a time. With cable you had to pay for the whole bundle. With streaming, find a service that has several shows you'll watch, and then switch it up once they are done. Max two or three at a time. Anything more is just wasteful.

Right now I have netflix (my toddlers kids shows or id cancel), and Paramount+ (star trek and halo) and Peacock (Brooklyn 99, the office, and some other good background comedies). $30 a month, more than enough content. As opposed to buying 100 different cable channels on a 1 year deal for $30-40 and then $59.99-$69.99 because "$#%@ our existing customers" spectrum.

To each their own.  That's not enough for me.  I need local programming, various sports and news channels, some other variety channels to round it out.  So I need a Sling, YouTube, Fubo, Hulu Live, or DirecTV Now type service with DVR.  Still a savings over cable, but these content providers keep hoarding their exclusive content in an attempt to get you to add their service, whereas it was previously available on the one you already had.  That's the frustrating part.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:39 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Think DTV still has a contract for this coming season.  Don't think they are making any money off it so who knows, maybe they'd be willing to mutually drop it a year early.  IF NFL+ is ready??

They are losing huge money on it actually....

They pay 1.5 Billion a year but only make about 600 million on it off subscriber fees, so they take a loss of 900 million.

I am assuming they feel it helps keep or add subscribers tho

23 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

To each their own.  That's not enough for me.  I need local programming, various sports and news channels, some other variety channels to round it out.  So I need a Sling, YouTube, Fubo, Hulu Live, or DirecTV Now type service with DVR.  Still a savings over cable, but these content providers keep hoarding their exclusive content in an attempt to get you to add their service, whereas it was previously available on the one you already had.  That's the frustrating part.

I can see that, I dont watch tv news that much, but cant you get an antenna and get that over the air still? Some of the free cable apps give you national news free i thought but im sure that depends on what you watch.

Sports I bite the bullet and subscribe to Hulu live or something for those few months and then cancel.

Ultimately, the NFL was never on a streaming app though, so although this may mean it is one more streaming app, you cant really get it anywhere else. It would be pretty amazing if there was a subcription tier like nfl game pass where you could select aired games and rewatch like you pick an episode of the Office in the streaming app.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Oh OK. You break the law. 

If you're going to do that, you can watch for free. 

Huh?  There's no law against using even a fake student email (I have 2 legit ones, BTW) to get ST for ~$85 a season, after coupon code. 

On 3/28/2022 at 9:06 PM, Steptide said:

I've stated on here numerous times over the years that this should be a thing (mainly in the Sunday ticket threads) but it's about dang time 

This is among the reasons why massive stadiums with a lot of seating no longer make any sense.  The money will be in streaming and ads sold within the streaming platform.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Huh?  There's no law against using even a fake student email (I have 2 legit ones, BTW) to get ST for ~$85 a season, after coupon code. 

Cute that you’re playing coy. 

You have to represent that you’re a college student to pull off that scam and violate their copyright rights, as you know. 

I can afford the extra $200 not to do that. 

18 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Cute that you’re playing coy. 

You have to represent that you’re a college student to pull off that scam and violate their copyright rights, as you know. 

I can afford the extra $200 not to do that. 

Coy?  I have 2 kids in college, since 2019.  The younger one will probably be in school until 2029.  

Do you share any logins for streaming services?  That’s a rhetorical question because I know what the answer you give me will be. 

On 3/28/2022 at 9:04 PM, Bad Things said:

Will this be similar to or replace NFL GamePass?

I would assume it is very similar to GamePass, with one major exception...you would be able to watch games live, as they happen.  If you live in the US, right now, you can't do this via GamePass.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.