TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 19th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Drake London, WR, USC

I had a tough time with this one as the Eagles have been burned by receivers quite a bit the last few years. Smith looks great and they have some speed. London bring something different to the equation with his size. London is big but explosive and is a bad ball catcher and a huge weapon in the red zone. His ball skills are special and I think he will be a great weapon for Jalen Hurts. 6-4, 220...his deep speed is a question mark, but he could be similar to a Mike Evans. 

The Steelers and @RyanC883 are now on the clock!

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the 20th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Drake London, WR, USC

I had a tough time with this one as the Eagles have been burned by receivers quite a bit the last few years. Smith looks great and they have some speed. London bring something different to the equation with his size. London is big but explosive and is a bad ball catcher and a huge weapon in the red zone. His ball skills are special and I think he will be a great weapon for Jalen Hurts. 6-4, 220...his deep speed is a question mark, but he could be similar to a Mike Evans. 

Did you mean the 19th pick?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Kenny Pickett is still on the board too isn't he? Quarterback is definitely in play. But frankly everywhere except corner is in play for the Saints.

I think a WR to the Saints makes a lot of sense.  Thomas isn’t going to ever be what he was with Brees, and has not been healthy in forever.  Winston can sling the rock, he’s a former 5000 yard passer and that was before he addressed his eye issues.  I doubt they see him as the future, but he’s certainly capable of playing this year as the starter.  

Maybe it’s because I’m not that enamored with any QB after Willis, but I think the Saints look to add a weapon to the offense which it sorely needs.  So to me, Olave makes a lot of sense here.  

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They run a very conceptually similar 4-3 to the Bills. While I don't love the value for Davis in that scheme as a 2-down 1 tech, he is more athletic than Star Lotulelei and he was a steady player for us.

Yeah I feel he was a bit of a reach, but there were still a couple of edge guys and a bunch of receivers left. I wanted to make sure I secured the run stuffer. I am not sure if things go this way, but I do think Davis has some upside as a pass rusher and just has not yet been unleashed. He instantly fixes the Eagle run D issues. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I just don't see reaching for a new QB at this point really. Winston was 5-2 last year before he tore his ACL. You also have a new coaching staff and just singed Andy Dalton as a backup. I think adding to the WR group, with one of the top talents in the class, so the QB in place actually has weapons is the right move. We also don't know what is going to happen with Kamara over his altercation yet either. 

Very possible that they take a "what will be will be" view to this season. I wouldn't be shocked with almost any pick by the Saints.

• Agree 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I feel he was a bit of a reach, but there were still a couple of edge guys and a bunch of receivers left. I wanted to make sure I secured the run stuffer. I am not sure if things go this way, but I do think Davis has some upside as a pass rusher and just has not yet been unleashed. He instantly fixes the Eagle run D issues. 

I see the merit in a DT for sure. I like Wyatt as the better fit for them, but I can see what you are doing. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the 19th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Drake London, WR, USC

I didn’t realize Eagles had 3 first round picks, thought it was just the 2 back to back picks.  

This would be a pretty strong haul for the Eagles if they get these 3 players.  Knowing the Eagles they will screw some of these up though ha.  

Where did the Eagles get the extra first round pick?  I know one is from Colts for Wentz, but where did the 3rd one come from?

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didn’t realize Eagles had 3 first round picks, thought it was just the 2 back to back picks.  

This would be a pretty strong haul for the Eagles if they get these 3 players.  Knowing the Eagles they will screw some of these up though ha.  

Where did the Eagles get the extra first round pick?  I know one is from Colts for Wentz, but where did the 3rd one come from?

Trading back with Miami last year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Eagles (MrEpysTown) are on the clock
7 minutes ago, H2o said:

I just don't see reaching for a new QB at this point really. Winston was 5-2 last year before he tore his ACL. You also have a new coaching staff and just singed Andy Dalton as a backup. I think adding to the WR group, with one of the top talents in the class, so the QB in place actually has weapons is the right move. We also don't know what is going to happen with Kamara over his altercation yet either. 

I forgot about the Dalton signing and of course I have no idea if the Saints even like Corral. But if it were me, I wouldn't want to go into the season with Jameis Winston (coming off an injury no less) as my only real option at QB1.   

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Steelers (RyanC883) are on the clock
6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Maybe it’s because I’m not that enamored with any QB after Willis, but I think the Saints look to add a weapon to the offense which it sorely needs.  So to me, Olave makes a lot of sense here.  

I am not enamoured with any of the Quarterbacks full stop. But I don't think Pickett makes it to #20. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The spees we are going this afternoon we are gonna get to my first 2nd round pick when I am asleep as well aren't we? 😄

It's definitely not the molasses crawl we have had in some of the mock drafts for sure. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not enamoured with any of the Quarterbacks full stop. But I don't think Pickett makes it to #20. 

I don't disagree, we always see QB's go earlier than one would think in classes like this still and he probably goes top 20 if the draft was today.  But, its still possible Corral and Willis go ahead of him too, in which if that happens, Pickett could potentially slide to or past 20.  

But yeah, there are a lot of spots in the top 10 this year where a QB can go.  I mean we can see a QB picked in the top 10 by either the team with that pick or someone trading up to those picks with Lions or Texans at 2 and 3, Giants at 5 to 7, Panthers at 6, Falcons at 8, and Seahawks at 9.  So its not out of the question we see 3 of these QB's go in the top 10 still despite it not being a top tier class.  So basically a QB has a real shot of being taken by 7 of the first 10 picks this year by the teams that hold those picks.  

Personally, I think Lions are a toss up, but if I had to guess now, I think they don't take a QB at 2 and either take another guy they covet or maybe trade down a few spots with someone looking to leap frog to insure they get their QB.  

I also think Houston passes on a QB, but they could trade down with someone there as well.  

The top 10 is really hard this year to predict accurately because it can go so many ways.  That is usually the case in a weak QB crop year because its hard to know whether teams like Lions or Houston (who don't have ideal QB situations, but aren't desperate either) would pull the trigger on a QB, will other teams feel confident enough to trade up for a QB, etc etc.  

And I like years where the top 10 is less obvious.  Some years, its easy to nail down 7+ of the top 10 picks, and maybe it will be more clear by draft night, but right now, the top 10 can go a lot of different ways. 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And I like years where the top 10 is less obvious.  Some years, its easy to nail down 7+ of the top 10 picks, and maybe it will be more clear by draft night, but right now, the top 10 can go a lot of different ways. 

And that is partly because even leaving QBs aside there is a lack of elite players. To me true elite prospects it is Hutch, Thib and Hamilton. 

I do think Sauce and Evan Neal are pretty locked on top 10. But there are lots of guys who could fill the other spots.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And that is partly because even leaving QBs aside there is a lack of elite players. To me true elite prospects it is Hutch, Thib and Hamilton. 

I do think Sauce and Evan Neal are pretty locked on top 10. But there are lots of guys who could fill the other spots.

Yup, totally agree.  Some nice players going in the top 10, but this isnt one of those top heavy drafts even though its a deep draft at several positions.  Lucky for us, its deep at positions we likely need to draft still, especially WR and CB.

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am guessing they try to trade back a couple of times with the last one, because three 5th year options is really hard to pull off. Either that or they take a shot on a guy like Jameson Williams who they won't need right away. There is some smoke that they like Pickett. And I guess that is the other place they could go, take a shot on a first round QB since they have an extra pick. 

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I see the merit in a DT for sure. I like Wyatt as the better fit for them, but I can see what you are doing. 

Yeah gave Wyatt some thought, and if trades were allowed I amy have tried to trade back and take Demarvin Leal, but I just like Davis better so it was more personal preference. Davis isn't a perfect fit for what they do, but with guys like him and Haason Reddick who is that tweener, you can do some pretty cool stuff imo. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.