TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Any idea on why he is slipping in a lot of mocks?

Questions about whether he loves football, does he give maximum effort down in and down out etc... it must be coming from interviews and background checks though rather than tape 'cos I have looked for signs of him half assing it and I can't see them! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Unless they are taking a QB then Thib is the right pick. 

Not necessarily.....depends which way Lions management feel is best way to approach improving what areas they feel is most important. Could be couple different positions that may be the "right pick"

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

IF it is Evan Neal then giving him a year at RT before moving him over to left would be a smart move. 

I think Jawaan Taylor and Walker Little are better options at RT than Chaisson is to start opposite Allen.  I think the bigger need is DE unless Cam Robinson leaves after this year.  I know they are more than 1 player away so they may think more long term but even with that Walker Little could potentially slide into the LT spot.

I think the Lions are really hoping it isn't Hutch though.  He just seems to fit Dan Campbell's style better than a Thibodeaux who deserved or not has some motivation questions.  I don't think they go qb as Goff played quite well when Campbell took play calling duties away from Anthony Lynn.  Not the answer at qb but good enough to hold off until there are better prospects.

All as always just imo

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not necessarily.....depends which way Lions management feel is best way to approach improving what areas they feel is most important. Could be couple different positions that may be the "right pick"

Their pass rush is by far their biggest need outside of QB. 

1 minute ago, section122 said:

I think Jawaan Taylor and Walker Little are better options at RT than Chaisson is to start opposite Allen.  I think the bigger need is DE unless Cam Robinson leaves after this year.  I know they are more than 1 player away so they may think more long term but even with that Walker Little could potentially slide into the LT spot.

I think the Lions are really hoping it isn't Hutch though.  He just seems to fit Dan Campbell's style better than a Thibodeaux who deserved or not has some motivation questions.  I don't think they go qb as Goff played quite well when Campbell took play calling duties away from Anthony Lynn.  Not the answer at qb but good enough to hold off until there are better prospects.

All as always just imo

I agree I'd pick Hutch if it was me. He is the best player at a premium position in the draft and when you are a bad football team just pick the BPA at a premium position. Equallt while I think it is him or Neal, I am not a huge Neal fan. He is my OT4. But IF they are picking him then giving him a year at RT while Cam Robinson plays on the tag before flipping him over is the way to go IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Their pass rush is by far their biggest need outside of QB. 

I've seen a lot that believes OL/OT is their biggest need. We are talking about Jags correct? Wanted to make sure we talking about same team here lol. 

Anyways, that's your opinion or assessment of their biggest need, or right pick. They may think differently.

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I've seen a lot that believes OL/OT is their biggest need. We are talking about Jags correct? Wanted to make sure we talking about same team here lol. 

Anyways, that's your opinion or assessment of their biggest need, or right pick. They may think differently.

No I was talking about the Lions. 

Call me crazy but I think Lions will in reality take QB.

And whether its a good move really depends on comparison of Willis/Pickett vs top guys expected to enter next draft, which I have no clue about. I think they will be picking top5 next year too so they can go either way.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

And whether its a good move really depends on comparison of Willis/Pickett vs top guys expected to enter next draft, which I have no clue about. I think they will be picking top5 next year too so they can go either way.

On one hand, it's the Lions so anything is possible.

On the other hand, I think they are going to try and build a foundation in this draft, then figure out QB in the offseason

10 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

They should absolutely take a qb. Especially one that can learn under Goff this year. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I agree.  I think they will take a Qb….. if there’s a guy that they love.  If not, there are great options to fall back on that play premium positions (DE, CB, OT in this case)

this lions GM (me) isn’t in love with Willis and see Thibodeaux as a great add

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Virgil said:

Hey everyone!  It's that time of year for the TSW NFL Mock Draft - Round 1.  This is a no trades mock draft.  2.0 will have trades and two rounds within a week of this draft concluding.

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Waiting for a trade down offer…

Cmon, you are picking for Texans, not Patriots :)

With the third pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft, the Houston Texans select Ahmad Gardner, CB, Univ. of Cincinnati.  The NY Jests (GunnerBill) are on the clock.

We were hoping Thibodeaux would still be there for us, but our top corner is a nice consolation prize...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.