Jump to content

TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed


Virgil
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:


Yeah this fees like the EJ Manuel draft. I am not sure teams will reach for guys. But we shall see. I sure hope they do so the talent cascades to 25.


Agreed 100%

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:


Yeah this fees like the EJ Manuel draft. I am not sure teams will reach for guys. But we shall see. I sure hope they do so the talent cascades to 25.

 

Personally, if I am a team like the Falcons, I stay put and either take BPA or trade down and compile more draft picks this year and next.  And if I really want a QB, a guy like Howell or Ridder has a good chance to be there in the 2nd and I don't think there is much of a gap between them and Pickett or Corall IMHO.  

 

The only guy I would take early is Willis.  If I am going QB early, they better have a very high ceiling if they aren't some sort of slam dunk prospect.  But even Willis isn't someone I would even trade up for unless I was desperate to get someone this year.  

 

Carolina is in a bit more desperate scenario IMO, so I can see them trading up from 6 to insure they get their guy.  They have a good defense and a lot of playmakers on offense.  They are a QB away from contending in the NFC.  Where as teams like Detroit and Atlanta have a lot of holes to fill, they don't need to reach for a QB this year either as they at least have guys who can hold the job down for one more season too.  

 

Although with Detroit, you can make a case that being able to draft a QB without having to spend big to trade up is also appealing, so they may just go ahead and nab someone like Willis if they feel he is worth taking there vs risking not having a high enough pick next year to get their guy and having to trade a lot to move up if they want him.  So they are kind of the wildcard right now IMHO at the top of the draft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Personally, if I am a team like the Falcons, I stay put and either take BPA or trade down and compile more draft picks this year and next.  And if I really want a QB, a guy like Howell or Ridder has a good chance to be there in the 2nd and I don't think there is much of a gap between them and Pickett or Corall IMHO.  

 

The only guy I would take early is Willis.  If I am going QB early, they better have a very high ceiling if they aren't some sort of slam dunk prospect.  But even Willis isn't someone I would even trade up for unless I was desperate to get someone this year.  

 

Carolina is in a bit more desperate scenario IMO, so I can see them trading up from 6 to insure they get their guy.  They have a good defense and a lot of playmakers on offense.  They are a QB away from contending in the NFC.  Where as teams like Detroit and Atlanta have a lot of holes to fill, they don't need to reach for a QB this year either as they at least have guys who can hold the job down for one more season too.  

 

Although with Detroit, you can make a case that being able to draft a QB without having to spend big to trade up is also appealing, so they may just go ahead and nab someone like Willis if they feel he is worth taking there vs risking not having a high enough pick next year to get their guy and having to trade a lot to move up if they want him.  So they are kind of the wildcard right now IMHO at the top of the draft. 

And a Head Coach

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

With the 9th pick the Seattle Seahawks select Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State 

I think Virgil wants you to add The Jets @GunnerBill are on the clock 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jets (GunnerBill) are on the clock
16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

And some notes as to why you chose Charles Cross

I think Seattle may go for the Safety if he is still there.  Pete loves his DBs and many think he is the best player in the draft, albeit not at a premium position (like LT)

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

And some notes as to why you chose Charles Cross

Gotcha, I was finishing up at work. 
 

Seattle needs o line help badly, especially at both tackle spots. They can wait on a QB especially in this class, but why not build the lines for Russ’ eventual replacement?
 

Cross is a blue chip LT prospect. Penning was in consideration here as well. 

57 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think Seattle may go for the Safety if he is still there.  Pete loves his DBs and many think he is the best player in the draft, albeit not at a premium position (like LT)

True, I actually didn’t realize he was still available. But I would still take cross as safety is one of the few positions Seattle has covered. (Even though Hamilton could also probably play Will linebacker)

 

I just think building a solid line before a young QB arrives is too important. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the 10th pick in the TSW Draft, the New York Jets select, Andrew Booth Jnr, Cornerback, Clemson.

 

This came down to corner or edge rusher and with Carl Lawson to come back and a couple of depth pieces in Franklin-Myers and Huff I just felt like corner was the bigger need and the edge class has better day two depth. I am a huge Booth fan. I think he has the best tape of any corner in the class and while he isn't quite the super long athlete that Sauce Gardner is, he still presents a significant and scheme versatile upgrade which will be attractive to Robert Saleh who at his best as the DC in San Fran was a coordinator who liked to mix man and zone concepts. 

 

That Washington Commanders and @Hermes are now on the clock. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Yes, but I don't expect him to be there in the real draft either.  Its a deep WR draft, to be able to pull the trigger with the 8th pick for the highest ceiling QB in the draft without having to do a pricey trade up would have been too much to pass up. 

 

I do think the Falcons love Pickett though. They were mob handed at his pro day. It wouldn't shock me if they draft him at #8 and tell us that he was their QB1 all along. He definitely has better tape than Malik. He also just fits what Arthur Smith is used to. I don't buy that they are really planning to roll Mariota out all year. 

 

If they don't go Quarterback then I think you are right it will be receiver because at the moment their receiver depth chart is comical. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the 11th pick in TSW, the Commanders select Devin Lloyd, linebacker, Utah.

 

A few different positions were in play with this pick, ideally we'd like to trade down and recoup some picks. That's not possible here, so we picked the centerpiece of our defense.

 

With the Dline set, Lloyd will have free reign to wreak havoc on opposing offenses. He's a do-it-all LB and will elevate our defense the way Keuchly did in Carolina. With a solid defense we're hoping that the offense can take a step with Wentz and get us into the playoffs

 

The Vikings, @Doc Brown are on the clock

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Hermes said:

With the 11th pick in TSW, the Commanders select Devin Lloyd, linebacker, Utah.

 

A few different positions were in play with this pick, ideally we'd like to trade down and recoup some picks. That's not possible here, so we picked the centerpiece of our defense.

 

With the Dline set, Lloyd will have free reign to wreak havoc on opposing offenses. He's a do-it-all LB and will elevate our defense the way Keuchly did in Carolina. With a solid defense we're hoping that the offense can take a step with Wentz and get us into the playoffs

 

The Vikings, @Doc Brown are on the clock

I like Lloyd, but off ball LBs in rd 1 back to back years?   😳 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Vikings (Doc Brown) are on the clock
  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...