Chad Hall at Ohio State pro day

YoloinOhio

Had extensive 1:1 meetings with Olave and Wilson

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-pro-day-news-and-rumors-ohio-state-wr-chris-olave-garrett-wilson-shine/

Both receivers had extensive 1-on-1 meetings with the Jets, Bills, Patriots, and Saints over the past two days. All four teams had their receiver coaches on hand.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Good. 

While the knee jerk reaction to the Hill trade and our CB depth is to take a Cornerback at 25, I think all this WR movement tells us that the pick needs to be a Wide Receiver. 

Taking McDuffie, Booth etc at 25 isn’t stopping Tyreek Hill.   We can’t even single cover him with a healthy Tre White.  He’s just not that type of WR… you have to bracket.  

25-30M going rate for elite WR’s now… Draft one and hope Diggs loves Buffalo enough to take a “discount” when the time comes. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Good. 

While the knee jerk reaction to the Hill trade and our CB depth is to take a Cornerback at 25, I think all this WR movement tells us that the pick needs to be a Wide Receiver. 

Taking McDuffie, Booth etc at 25 isn’t stopping Tyreek Hill.   We can’t even single cover him with a healthy Tre White.  He’s just not that type of WR… you have to bracket.  

25-30M going rate for elite WR’s now… Draft one and hope Diggs loves Buffalo enough to take a “discount” when the time comes. 

I really want to hear the overall plan for those who dont want a corner at 25

I know ppl like their shiny new toys but this is not about that.....we have a 17 game schedule and NO starting corner at the moment

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I know ppl like their shiny new toys but this is not about that.....we have a 17 game schedule and NO starting corner at the moment

Two corners in the draft somewhere in Rounds 2-5.  

If we have the ability to, sign a free agent vet corner like Haden or Peterson. 

WR in RD1.  It’s time to use a premium pick on a weapon for Allen.  

This is an arms race and I guarantee you that KC - who spent on their OL, drafted a RD1 RB, RD2 WR (Hardman), signed Juju and still have Kelce will 100% take a WR in RD1. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The plan?  Take one in the second, third or fourth. Someone like Taylor-Britt, Woolen, McCreary, heck maybe even Gordon will be there.

Ive been saying for a while that it’s lunacy to draft a corner to get over the hump with the chiefs. Now we have to play hill twice regardless. Load up on inexpensive receivers on cheap deals and let them turn into our next offensive star. 

We have Davis for two more years before he wants more money. We will have to extend Diggs to keep him here. The rest are on short deals and are not part of the future except for maybe Knox. 

Crowder?  One year deal…

Howard?  One year deal…

Johnson?  One year deal…

Singletary?  Last year of his rookie deal…

McKenzie?  One year deal with the chance to be two…

Its time to face reality that this teams identity is the passing game. We need to make sure we are looking out for the health of the roster after more than this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just curious - what kind of return would we get for trading Stefon Diggs?  Not that I'm a proponent of that, but given the Hill news today it got me thinking about it.  Trade Diggs and, assuming a 1st round pick is part of the deal, draft his replacement, use the other 1st round pick on a CB, another receiver or Breece Hall.  Would set the Bills up for a good 4-5 year run with young cheap playmakers for Allen.  And frees up money to refresh other areas of the team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

From where we are drafting the second and third round is where the value will be for corner IMO. Though us fans see CB2 as a big need, I think the Bills are comfortable with Dane Jackson holding a position at least temporarily. 

We may go CB in round 1 but I would say WR has just as good odds with RB and OL with slightly lesser odds. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is an arms race and I guarantee you that KC - who spent on their OL, drafted a RD1 RB, RD2 WR (Hardman), signed Juju and still have Kelce will 100% take a WR in RD1. 

Absolutely. The chiefs will be looking at WR with one of those first rounders.  That is always a strength and they keep making it stronger. We need to take a look at that blueprint and follow it… 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Just curious - what kind of return would we get for trading Stefon Diggs?  Not that I'm a proponent of that, but given the Hill news today it got me thinking about it.  Trade Diggs and, assuming a 1st round pick is part of the deal, draft his replacement, use the other 1st round pick on a CB, another receiver or Breece Hall.  Would set the Bills up for a good 4-5 year run with young cheap playmakers for Allen.  And frees up money to refresh other areas of the team.

NGL… thought crossed my mind too.   It’s a new world in the NFL. 

Let’s hope the lines of communication are open and Diggs is willing to take less to stay here, because we cannot give him what Adams, let alone, Hill got. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So, is it your view that it is futile to play defense, so just load up to score on every possession?  If yes, why would they have signed Von Miller, just take a bunch of receivers and go 5 wide!

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, SCBills said:

NGL… thought crossed my mind too.   It’s a new world in the NFL. 

Let’s hope the lines of communication are open and Diggs is willing to take less to stay here, because we cannot give him what Adams, let alone, Hill got. 

It seems crazy, and I personally LOVE DIGGS, but then you look at what guys like Chase and Justin Jefferson (#22 pick, btw) have done and you can't help but wonder.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

So, is it your view that it is futile to play defense, so just load up to score on every possession?  If yes, why would they have signed Von Miller, just take a bunch of receivers and go 5 wide!

Omg… with the dramatics…. 

We just signed Von Miller.  We have a ton of high draft picks on the DL.   We paid Milano.  We have Edmunds.  We have a top end Safety duo.   Who tf is neglecting defense?… NOT US. 

Tre White will be back at some point.  

Who’s locking down Tyreek Hill?  Not Trent McDuffie or Andrew Booth. 

Draft a couple guys in Rounds 2-5 and depend on your pass rush to get the job done.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Win the SB then worry about trading him.  

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Good. 

I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction (and I'm sure McBeane doesn't as well).    Teams have to be build for the long haul, not just this season.   The glaring hole at CB is a big weakness, Tyreek Hill or no Tyreek Hill.     The draft is deep in WRs that can help beyond the first round (i.e., Gabe Davis in the 4th round).    

The Bills averaged 36 ppg against the Fins over the past two years.    No way the Fins average 37+ against the Bills, even with Hill.   

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, LEBills said:

From where we are drafting the second and third round is where the value will be for corner IMO. Though us fans see CB2 as a big need, I think the Bills are comfortable with Dane Jackson holding a position at least temporarily. 

We may go CB in round 1 but I would say WR has just as good odds with RB and OL with slightly lesser odds. 

Says who?  Disaster awaits if you start Dane and a rookie who isn’t ready for the NFL.  Everyone will be complaining that they “could not even get one stop to win the game”.

Beyond Safety if White is missing, the CB spot, as currently manned, is by far the worst position on the team- and it is a premium position.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Omg… with the dramatics…. 

We just signed Von Miller.  We have a ton of high draft picks on the DL.   We paid Milano.  We have Edmunds.  We have a top end Safety duo.   Who tf is neglecting defense?… NOT US. 

Tre White will be back at some point.  

Who’s locking down Tyreek Hill?  Not Trent McDuffie or Andrew Booth. 

Draft a couple guys in Rounds 2-5 and depend on your pass rush to get the job done.  

Disagree - does not mean I am right or that you are wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Shake_My_Head said:

I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction (and I'm sure McBeane doesn't as well).    Teams have to be build for the long haul, not just this season.   The glaring hole at CB is a big weakness, Tyreek Hill or no Tyreek Hill.     The draft is deep in WRs that can help beyond the first round (i.e., Gabe Davis in the 4th round).    

The Bills averaged 36 ppg against the Fins over the past two years.    No way the Fins average 37+ against the Bills, even with Hill.   

Building for the future means noticing top end WR’s are going for mid-tier QB money.   You better keep the refrigerator full.  

We can find corners in Rounds 2 & 3.  How big of a difference do you believe CB25 is over CB57 in the grand scheme of our future?  

It’s all about pass rush.  You need solid corner play, but we’ve been smoked by top offenses with healthy Tre.   We can find solid corner play deeper into the draft than RD1. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

No offense, but I can sort of expect a response like this from someone a little longer in the tooth. This isn’t the old days anymore. This is a passing league and we need to make sure we continue to have that as a strength going forward. We have a ton of one year deals on offense and need to develop and build some continuity to make sure this is sustainable. 

Another poster brought it up that it appears the staff is higher on Jackson that some of us fans are. He’s right. The Bills thought about corner in the second round last year and decided that none of them could beat out who they took the year before in the seventh. I believe in mcd’s ability to develop DBs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.