🇨🇳🇷🇴🇺🇦 Biden's Corruption: $20M+ bribes. All the evidence that isn't evidence.

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Speaking as a guy who worked with public elected officials for over FORTY years; the minute Joe got brought into any one of those phone calls he should have immediately said “I can’t be involved here” and gotten off the call. Then…he should’ve told his son to NEVER do that again. 

Of course it's as simple as that.  In some respects, it's like Trump exposing his throat to his enemies.  Surely Biden would know that working in concert with his son, on foreign business deals, in countries perpetually at odds with ethical business practices and the best interests of the US, would raise serious concerns about his integrity.  Obviously, he didn't care. 

That's part of a trend, too, as we see he didn't care about removing or possessing classified materials and documents over the past couple decades.   Frank(ish)ly, even if his preposterous "Someone else did it" finger pointing defies common sense and logic is true, it might even be worse--he repeatedly delegated his responsibility in safe, secure handling of classified documents and failed, repeatedly, blissfully unaware. 

On the other hand, it's probably better in Washington to be incredibly powerful and corrupt, than following rules applied to lesser men. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Of course it's as simple as that.  In some respects, it's like Trump exposing his throat to his enemies.  Surely Biden would know that working in concert with his son, on foreign business deals, in countries perpetually at odds with ethical business practices and the best interests of the US, would raise serious concerns about his integrity.  Obviously, he didn't care. 

That's part of a trend, too, as we see he didn't care about removing or possessing classified materials and documents over the past couple decades.   Frank(ish)ly, even if his preposterous "Someone else did it" finger pointing defies common sense and logic is true, it might even be worse--he repeatedly delegated his responsibility in safe, secure handling of classified documents and failed, repeatedly, blissfully unaware. 

On the other hand, it's probably better in Washington to be incredibly powerful and corrupt, than following rules applied to lesser men. 

Elected officials regularly take a class on this kind of activity. You are taught/instructed to extricate yourself from the situation. Period!  

• Like (+1) 1

would raise serious concerns about his integrity.  Obviously, he didn't care. 

Plays into my notion that Joe really thought his public life was over after 2016. He got drafted into running for president because he still carried with him some of the allure (for Democrats) of the Obama years. Politicians today seem to think they have a right not just to a comfortable ex-presidency/vice presidency, but also to accumulation of wealth for themselves and their children.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Plays into my notion that Joe really thought his public life was over after 2016. He got drafted into running for president because he still carried with him some of the allure (for Democrats) of the Obama years. Politicians today seem to think they have a right not just to a comfortable ex-presidency/vice presidency, but also to accumulation of wealth for themselves and their children.

This! Very very well said Frank. This is EXACTLY what was happening. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

This! Very very well said Frank. This is EXACTLY what was happening. 

My issue is this: as soon as Obama was reelected in November 2012, Joe "knew" his life in office was coming to an end. Hunter was trading on his name by 2014. We can assume Joe knew this, but other than a stern talking to, I'm not sure there was anything he could do about it.

But did it go beyond looking the other way? Looping Joe in on a phone call while he was veep is a whole different animal than doing it in 2017.

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

My issue is this: as soon as Obama was reelected in November 2012, Joe "knew" his life in office was coming to an end. Hunter was trading on his name by 2014. We can assume Joe knew this, but other than a stern talking to, I'm not sure there was anything he could do about it.

But did it go beyond looking the other way? Looping Joe in on a phone call while he was veep is a whole different animal than doing it in 2017.

The party had moved on to Hilary as the next candidate, just like Kamala is being overlooked now. Joe knew EXACTLY what these phone calls were about. He should be shown the door by his own party if not via impeachment. This is totally unacceptable behavior by an elected official at the local school board level. Again…period! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Maybe, but you don't suddenly forget the rules of engagement, and the harm to the idea of the Republic.  He didn't take a job at a law firm and leverage his power, he was dealing with sketchy nations and even sketchier people.  

I'd bet he lost his way and sold out long before he retired.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

This is totally unacceptable behavior by an elected official

Agreed. Right now we know - actually, we have an admission - that Joe was on a call with Hunter and his slimy funders AFTER Joe had "retired" from public life.

The other shoe that may or may not drop: what about 2016? 2015? 2014?

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'd bet he lost his way and sold out long before he retired.

Maybe.

At a minimum he wasn't as careful as he should have been. Aren't there stories about Hunter introducing his dad to various unsavory actors at functions, etc?

But again, the line between "unsavory" and "high crimes and misdemeanors" - did Joe approve of his name being dropped? Help his son in arranging these meetings? And the big one: actually receive money or gifts in kind in exchange for allowing his name to be dropped?

Deek is a liberal!

Or maybe I'm not a liberal after all.

Actually, I am kind of an old fashioned good governance centrist. And whether rising to the impeachable level or not, I'm still idealistic enough to be offended by what politicians think is o.k.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Deek is a liberal!

I’m 100% against public corruption. If that makes me a liberal…so be it. I lived and worked in that swamp for four decades. Joe Biden should go down as the poster child for exactly what NOT to do in every training session from this day forward. Unfortunately they’ll circle the wagons around him and nobody will learn anything. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Maybe.

At a minimum he wasn't as careful as he should have been. Aren't there stories about Hunter introducing his dad to various unsavory actors at functions, etc?

But again, the line between "unsavory" and "high crimes and misdemeanors" - did Joe approve of his name being dropped? Help his son in arranging these meetings? And the big one: actually receive money or gifts in kind in exchange for allowing his name to be dropped?

The missing part of the story is what the Biden's provided to their foreign contacts in return for those payments?  Sure, we can conclude at a minimum Hunter was trading on the Biden name.  But Hunter had/has no capacity to deliver anything of value to those players, namely favors or influence over government policy or actions.  The only family member with that capability was/is Joe Biden.  Just using some logical extrapolation would implicate the President.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m 100% against public corruption. If that makes me a liberal…so be it. I lived and worked in that swamp for four decades. Joe Biden should go down as the poster child for exactly what NOT to do in every training session from this day forward. Unfortunately they’ll circle the wagons around him and nobody will learn anything. 

if you are 100% against corruption, you're not a modern liberal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

if you are 100% against corruption, you're not a modern liberal.

Neither side holds the patent on corruption. This saga has become way too common throughout our public ‘servant’ class. The proverbial slippery slope appears to be knee high in crisco! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

A factor to consider when considering Joe Biden’s motivations is that throughout his public life, going back to his law school bragging and plagiarism issues, there is not a lie that The Big Guy will not tell in service to himself. It’s a big part of who/what he is. 

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I actually started typing "Deek and Frankish sittin in a tree!" but changed it up. 

I am with you and Frankish, generally here.  However, as this is a message board and not a court, I'm quite comfortable with the notion that Biden did not stumble into this sort of thing late in life.  He's shown his stripes for decades--lying about academics, his accomplishments, what he's done...and more recently partnered with the dems in the Russia scandal.   

Biden is about Biden, and it seems extraordinarily likely he's been feeding at the trough for a long time.     F him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Neither side holds the patent on corruption. This saga has become way too common throughout our public ‘servant’ class. The proverbial slippery slope appears to be knee high in crisco! 

Corruption is systemic.  Once you're in the Washington country club you're granted license to steal, cheat, and lie and provided protection from anyone objecting or attempting to expose your actions and immunity from any legal action. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The missing part of the story is what the Biden's provided to their foreign contacts in return for those payments?  Sure, we can conclude at a minimum Hunter was trading on the Biden name.  But Hunter had/has no capacity to deliver anything of value to those players, namely favors or influence over government policy or actions.  The only family member with that capability was/is Joe Biden.  Just using some logical extrapolation would implicate the President.  

Yes, that's why it's influence peddling. But at the risk of being accused of what I just decried - "whataboutism" - that's why relatives of presidents and vice presidents always seem to fall into money. In my lifetime: Donald Nixon. Billy Carter. Neil Bush. Jared Kushner (how this Orthodox Jew suddenly became a great friend to the sheikhs is a good story). Hunter Biden. Influence peddling, or trading on one's names/associations is unfortunately the norm, not the exception. It's a blurred line, but there's still a line between one's sleazy relative influence peddling and you yourself taking an active role as an active office holder.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JDHillFan said:

A factor to consider when considering Joe Biden’s motivations is that throughout his public life, going back to his law school bragging and plagiarism issues, there is not a lie that The Big Guy will not tell in service to himself. It’s a big part of who/what he is. 

Agree….but in THIS case just re-read Frank’s post. He is spot on. Joe figured he’d cash in on his way out and in doing so he crossed the line. He just never thought anyone would care about the conduct of an ex-vice president. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Agree….but in THIS case just re-read Frank’s post. He is spot on. Joe figured he’d cash in on his way out and in doing so he crossed the line. He just never thought anyone would care about the conduct of an ex-vice president. 

Absolutely agree that is a more than plausible view. The decades of lying cannot be discounted however. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

And I should add that Obama clearly didn’t give a shite what Joe was doing. He’d ignored Joe for his entire presidency.

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He's shown his stripes for decades--lying about academics, his accomplishments, what he's done

Why do I say he let his guard down, or alternatively decided - late in life, when his "knew" his public life was coming to an end - to cash in?

Because he did, by modern DC standards, live a fairly modest upper middle class existence throughout his years in the Senate. In fact, if I remember correctly, he was one of the "poorest" members of the Senate by net worth.

But people are waving money at you and you've already run your last race? (Or so you think?) Why not take it!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Deek is a liberal!

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Maybe.

Or maybe I'm not a liberal after all.

Actually, I am kind of an old fashioned good governance centrist. And whether rising to the impeachable level or not, I'm still idealistic enough to be offended by what politicians think is o.k.

Be careful, they’ll be calling you a white supremacist if they hear you talking like that!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

Absolutely agree that is a more than plausible view. The decades of lying cannot be discounted however. 

True….but….when he was involved in all of these phone calls he wasn’t lying about anything.He only lied many years later when his idiot son left his laptop at the repair store. 

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I agree, I don’t for a second believe he woke up one day (in his 60’s) and decided he was going to be a criminal. He’s been a POS his whole life. No wonder his kids are just like him!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He only lied many years later when his idiot son left his laptop at the repair store. 

Digression re the laptop.

People here like to mock those who initially thought (or pretended to think) that the laptop was a dirty political trick. I am one of those people who thought it did bear the earmarks of a dirty trick. Why? I mean, I wasn't born yesterday, and I've worked alongside law enforcement agencies for a lot of my career, so I thought I'd seen it all.

Here's why: 

- the story seemed too good to be true. Hunter drops off a laptop at a mom and pop repair shop. Forgets to pick it up. Laptop tech sees all sorts of things on the hard drive. I've worked these cases when they've involved kiddie pr0n. It happens. It usually gets reported to local law enforcement, then if a possible federal crime to FBI/DHS.

- but this guy "reports" it through political channels, eventually landing in the lap of one Rudy Giuliani, who seems to gloat even before the NY Post story is written about some kind of bombshell about to drop.

It seemed to good to be true (at least "too good" if you're Giuliani). 

But even though I know perfectly well in my head that drug addicts do incredibly, preposterously stupid things all the time (i.e., the reason they're caught), I didn't fathom exactly how far gone Hunter really was. So yes, he really did leave an incriminating laptop at a repair shop for over 30 days. He also left a crack pipe in a rental car return. And it just so happened that the repairman probably really didn't like Joe Biden or really did like Donald Trump, and so he pursued a weird channel to publicize its contents.

In retrospect, I don't think I was a fool to be skeptical about the initial claims. But that's because the true scenario is so outrageous that if it had been written in a Hollywood script the editors probably would have rewritten it because it was so laugh-out-loud implausible ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

I agree, I don’t for a second believe he woke up one day (in his 60’s) and decided he was going to be a criminal. He’s been a POS his whole life. No wonder his kids are just like him!

That’s why this is called ‘corruption’ and not ‘theft’. The people who do it don’t thinks it’s a crime. They do it because they think they are owed something for their years of ‘service’. The sooner we stop calling these people public ‘servants’ the better! They aren’t volunteers. They are paid for doing their jobs, just like everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

What an amazing series of events that led to Joe Biden personally fulfilling what Burisma was paying Hunter Biden to accomplish. What are the odds?

Even when Biden business associate Tony Bobulinski described — in detail, on the record, and with supporting evidence — how Joe Biden served as the “chairman” of the family business, the media largely ignored the explosive claims.

However, Goldman claimed, they were only talking about the weather.

While no one actually thinks Joe Biden has a secret interest in meteorology that he only shares with corrupt foreign oligarchs who happen to be in business with his son, the claim is ridiculous for another reason.

As conservative broadcaster Larry O’Connor wrote, “Understand this: Hunter getting Joe on speakerphone WAS THE DELIVERABLE. It literally doesn’t matter what was discussed. Showing that he could get the Vice President of the United States on the phone was all Hunter had to show his clients to seal the deal. He was selling ACCESS not policy. Getting The Big Guy to pick up the phone demonstrated his ability to deliver that access. Case closed. Impeach.”

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I should have said DEM.  both the DEM and GOP are corrupt to the core.

• Agree 4

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The sooner we stop calling these people public ‘servants’ the better! They aren’t volunteers. They are paid for doing their jobs, just like everyone else. 

Well, true. For a lot (most?) of our high level elected officials.

I was a public servant at various times, and I (and almost everyone I worked with) never thought for a second about improperly enriching ourselves by association with our public employment. I guess this is why I (even as one of the ostensible "liberals" here) am personally offended by this type of behavior, when impeachable (or even illegal at all) or not.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I should have said DEM.  both the DEM and GOP are corrupt to the core.

And anyone who insists that corruption exists only on one side and never on their side are those you should immediately dismiss and ignore.

The King, Quack MD and @BillStime come to mind.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Surprise—Joe Biden Was His Idiot Son’s Calling Card and Closer. 

“If one takes a close look at Joey Scranton’s boy Hunter, it doesn’t take long to figure out that the kid wasn’t headed for anywhere but a taxpayer funded state hoosegow if he didn’t have a famous and connected daddy

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2023/08/01/the-morning-briefing-surprise-joe-biden-was-his-idiot-sons-calling-card-and-closer-n1714967