Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

25 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

I wish these long threads had summary updates every new page. 

Summary:

some dude:  No RB rd 1, value”

some guy:  “but Jonathan Taylor”

another dude:  “but OL”

another guy:  “but Jonathan Taylor!!”

rando: “we need an elite back”

another rando: “elite backs never win Super Bowls”

sucka mc:  “but Jonathan Taylor”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Summary:

some dude:  No RB rd 1, value”

some guy:  “but Jonathan Taylor”

another dude:  “but OL”

another guy:  “but Jonathan Taylor!!”

rando: “we need an elite back”

another rando: “elite backs never win Super Bowls”

sucka mc:  “but Jonathan Taylor”.

Never mind the fact that Jonathan Taylor went in the second round lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

But Jonathan Taylor!!

Last night I finished watching every carry and catch from halls career 

Scouting report incoming 

I think he's really good but I still compare him to another running back that went in .... Shocker.. second round

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Scouting report incoming 

I think he's really good but I still compare him to another running back that went in .... Shocker.. second round

I agree, he is really good.

If we want him in round 2, we’ll have to trade down from 25 or trade up from 57. 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Never mind the fact that Jonathan Taylor went in the second round lol

Come on! Sometimes the talent evaluators use other mitigating factors to drop a player's value. With Taylor they were concerned about his usage in college or the fact they didn't throw him the ball. Using revisionist history, how many teams would take him in the 1st? How many teams would let Tom Brady fall to pick 199? Thurman Thomas fell to the 2nd rd because teams were concerned about his knee injury. 

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Scouting report incoming 

Thurman Thomas

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Probably ... 33-40 probably a sweet spot if he falls to rd2

He won't get pass Arizona if Murray is back

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

How was it? I think I just missed it as they are doing move the sticks now. 

He smiled when they asked him about the Bills. Said he feels he's the best RB in the draft

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Come on! Sometimes the talent evaluators use other mitigating factors to drop a player's value. With Taylor they were concerned about his usage in college or the fact they didn't throw him the ball. Using revisionist history, how many teams would take him in the 1st? How many teams would let Tom Brady fall to pick 199? Thurman Thomas fell to the 2nd rd because teams were concerned about his knee injury. 

Thurman Thomas

Here’s the problem….You’re operating under the assumption that Breece Hall is as good as JT.  If an NFL FO thinks Hall is Taylor, they may take him rd 1.  Beane included.  If they don’t take him rd 1, they don’t feel the same as you.  As of right now, NFL FO >> you.  We’ll see how they feel in a week 

Murray isn’t going anywhere.  You think AZ will pick him with their first pick?

Edited by NewEra

31 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Thurman Thomas

No not Thurman 

He reminds me a lot of a three down back from Tulane 15 years ago 

The size, strength, speed combination... The ability to catch the ball out of the backfield 

Plus vision and wiggle to hit the cut back and make defenders Miss in space... Long run away speed  

Good contact balance and can run through arm tackles... And even push the pile a little ... Solid stiff arm

I see a matt forte type player who was really good.. that was my comp Midway through the year and still is

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Come on! Sometimes the talent evaluators use other mitigating factors to drop a player's value. With Taylor they were concerned about his usage in college or the fact they didn't throw him the ball. 

The usage, his fumbling, and the fact he didn't catch the ball much were knocks on him. I liked him. I liked AJ Dillon too. I like Breece Hall. We'll see how the board falls, but I probably wouldn't go with him in Round 1 unless there's none of the top CB's or WR's left. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

The usage, his fumbling, and the fact he didn't catch the ball much were knocks on him. I liked him. I liked AJ Dillon too. I like Breece Hall. We'll see how the board falls, but I probably wouldn't go with him in Round 1 unless there's none of the top CB's or WR's left. 

I think that’s how it will play out, but really boils down to one thing imo.  Does Beane have Hall as a first rd prospect.  If all of the 1st rd graded WR/CB/OL are gone, Hall will likely be the pick @ 25….only if we have a 1st rd grade on him or if we can’t find a partner to trade down with.  

3 hours ago, Dr. Football said:

Edwards-hillarie ran a 4.61, I’d be pissed if we took him in the first round, sure he’s decent, but if he ran a 4.38 I think our conversation about him would be different! I hope we take Hall and I hope I’m right about what he can do in our offense! You should be too! 😂

IF we take Hall, I hope you are right as well. I will root for him just like every player on our team. IF we don't take him, I hope he sucks!😁

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

IF we take Hall, I hope you are right as well. I will root for him just like every player on our team. IF we don't take him, I hope he sucks!😁

Absolutely!!! 🍻