Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s really not a problem at all.  

That’s the entire issue, Taylor is not going for 2000 yards with Allen throwing for 4500.  You don’t draft a RB in the first round with intentions of them touching the ball 15 times a game maximum.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

You may be right, TBD has spoken... Breece in the 2nd for the Bills

Some of it was due to the limited choices. I like Walker better than Hall  but he wasn't presented as an option. I don't think Breece Hall is worthy of his own crusade thread. The Bills don't need him to be an 'elite' offense. That's nonsense. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

That’s the entire issue, Taylor is not going for 2000 yards with Allen throwing for 4500.  You don’t draft a RB in the first round with intentions of them touching the ball 15 times a game maximum.

If his 15 touches(max) equates to a total of 90/100+yards rushing/receiving, why not? 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Some of it was due to the limited choices. I like Walker better than Hall  but he wasn't presented as an option. I don't think Breece Hall is worthy of his own crusade thread. The Bills don't need him to be an 'elite' offense. That's nonsense. 

Yeah I agree with this crusade thread thoughts....  I believe Hall is a better pass catcher out of the backfield which I would then have to think Breece would be preferred if they do pick a RB in round 2.

I personally do not see any chance of a rd 1 RB by the Bills, in the 2nd the odds go up some.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

If his 15 touches(max) equates to a total of 90/100+yards rushing/receiving, why not? 

Because that’s not going to happen, 6+ YPC is an unreal hope.  Secondarily, the biggest value in a first round pick is the 5th year option which we would have to either forgo or make him a top 5 paid RB, which there is no justification for when you have one of the best passers in the league.

18 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

i misread your previous post so I apologize.  I agree with the premise but i think we plan on running slightly more than in the past.  

We don’t know what their intentions are.   Motor was averaging 15-25 touches a game down the stretch. We’ve added OL that are more effective run blocking than pass blocking. Different OC.  Different season.  They’ve said they want to ease the burden on 17 and a Rb can help that.  

I’m not saying rb is our pick, but if they have a 1st rd grade on a Rb and the other 1st round graded players are gone….. it makes more sense than we think it does

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When a player is drafted in the 1st rd, that player is expected to "impact" that team immediately. There's only 2 positions that I can see that happening on this team, CB/RB. Value at 25. Many want them to choose WR, but I ask who's gonna sit? How many touches would they get? How would Jameson Williams immediately help when he's not expected to play until mid season. Once Tre returns, who's gonna sit? Hall is the only one who has a realistic chance to impact this team immediately

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

well yes it’s certainly possible that Motor doesn’t get a 2nd contract, but that’s a stance reflective of a general opinion on RB’s worth that seems to be taking hold around the league. It has nothing to do with the cap - it’s easy to find money for a RB since, again, their position isn’t highly valued and an extension for Motor wouldn’t cost much.

All this, of course, also goes against your opinion that drafting Hall in the 1st round is worth it. He’s not; no running back is. 

edit: probably already posted in this long rambling thread, but the draft network guys seem to agree:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/breece-hall

Also, how exactly is this guy a “bigger” Marshawn? He’s taller by a couple inches, sure (not always good for a RB.) They play at basically same weight.

“No” running back is worth a first round?  Thanks for you OPINION. 

23 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Because that’s not going to happen, 6+ YPC is an unreal hope.  Secondarily, the biggest value in a first round pick is the 5th year option which we would have to either forgo or make him a top 5 paid RB, which there is no justification for when you have one of the best passers in the league.

Breece Hall has home run ability. We don’t have a back right now with that capability. One 60 yard run really ups his yards per carry. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

When a player is drafted in the 1st rd, that player is expected to "impact" that team immediately. There's only 2 positions that I can see that happening on this team, CB/RB. Value at 25. Many want them to choose WR, but I ask who's gonna sit? How many touches would they get? How would Jameson Williams immediately help when he's not expected to play until mid season. Once Tre returns, who's gonna sit? Hall is the only one who has a realistic chance to impact this team immediately

If Jameson Williams is on the board when we pick, you’re going to be disappointed.  

luckily for you, I here’s very little chance of that happening.  Long term upside is a key factor in determining if a player gets a 1st rd grade. Not like we will ever be able to find out, but I would bet that almost every GM in the league would take him over Hall.  I don’t think “immediate impact” carry’s as much value as long term upside.  

33 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

You’re acting as if “touches” are rushes.   That’s not the case.  He could average 3-6 catches a game.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I totally agree…but that’s not really been the case for the last few Bills taken in the 1st Round. I wish it was, but it hasn’t been. 

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If Jameson Williams is on the board when we pick, you’re going to be disappointed.  

luckily for you, I here’s very little chance of that happening.  Long term upside is a key factor in determining if a player gets a 1st rd grade. Not like we will ever be able to find out, but I would bet that almost every GM in the league would take him over Hall.  I don’t think “immediate impact” carry’s as much value as long term upside.  

You’re acting as if “touches” are rushes.   That’s not the case.  He could average 3-6 catches a game.  

I really want Jameson, but doesn't look likely. I still think you try and trade back if you can into the top of the second round if Hall is your choice. 

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I really want Jameson, but doesn't look likely. I still think you try and trade back if you can into the top of the second round if Hall is your choice. 

Definitely possible and that makes sense.  It’s always better to get your targeted player AND additional draft picks, but I think this really depends on their grade of Hall.  If he’s the last 1st round grade on the board, trading back to get him is a little risky.  Can’t go too far back.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Definitely possible and that makes sense.  It’s always better to get your targeted player AND additional draft picks, but I think this really depends on their grade of Hall.  If he’s the last 1st round grade on the board, trading back to get him is a little risky.  Can’t go too far back.  

I actually think Kenneth Walker III is a solid choice for us if we're thinking early round rb, but I won't complain about Hall.

43 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

When a player is drafted in the 1st rd, that player is expected to "impact" that team immediately.

Ideally yes, but 1st round picks should really impact your team for the next 10 years. It's ludicrous to draft Breece Hall over Jameson Williams because of how they impact the team in September and October of 2022. I want the player who has the biggest impact on the team for the next five Januarys/Februarys. No question Jameson Williams is that player if you're comparing the two.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

No, you expect immediate "impact" but luckily that is not the view of the FO.  The draft is for the overall continued success of the program, not some short term gain.

Jamison Williams offers incredible potential for the offense for multiple years.  A WR that Josh/Dorsey can have for multiple years.

I don't know if you saw his interview.  Hall is not someone I would want.  K Walker beat out Hall in our Bills mock draft.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

You may be right, TBD has spoken... Breece in the 2nd for the Bills

Of course to get that - Virgil eliminated Walker the higher rated RB because that is who the Bills picked in mock draft 1.0.

It would have been interesting to see if either RB had been the choice or would people have chosen something else since both RBs were there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

26 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Of course to get that - Virgil eliminated Walker the higher rated RB because that is who the Bills picked in mock draft 1.0.

It would have been interesting to see if either RB had been the choice or would people have chosen something else since both RBs were there.

It would have been weird if Walker wasn't chosen here, since he was chosen in the first round in the last Bills mock draft.

I think that is why Virgil left Walker off, he assumed Walker would be the choice.

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

It would have been weird if Walker wasn't chosen here, since he was chosen in the first round in the last Bills mock draft.

I think that is why Virgil left Walker off, he assumed Walker would be the choice.

He more or less said he didn't want it devolving into a split board arguing over which RB it should be.

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Breece Hall was already off the board in the previous mock iirc.  

Putting them head to head in a poll for the first time 

• Like (+1) 1