Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

27 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is a fair take. I respect it. If people don’t value Hall as an elite RB, that is fine. But I firmly believe this team is an elite RB away from winning multiple Super Bowls.

It is true, that an elite RB by themselves will not win you Super Bowls, which I agree with posters who have already stated as such, but I believe this team is different and it needs one. 

Allen is beyond elite, and having an elite RB will force teams from playing high shell. It makes Allen infinitely more dangerous. Having an elite RB doesn’t mean we have to take the ball out of Allen’s hands. It just means we have that extra piece to keep defenses honest. It’s an almost impossible task given how good Allen is. It’s what we need. It’s what will get us a Lombardi. Just my opinion though. 

How “elite” is Hall or any running back going to be behind our below average run blocking offensive line? Hard to be an elite running back when you’re running into your own offensive line cuz they can’t open up holes.

Edited by Motor26

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Every positions are key contributors to winning Super Bowls…..  so are special teams coordinators that know how to communicate orders to their kickers.  

Did you watch this last super bowl?  How important was the RB position to the rams winning the title? 19 rushes- 28 yards from Akers, Michel and henderson.  Why?  Because the OL didn’t open up any holes.  But I bet Breece Hall would’ve run for 19 times for 128 yards because he’s so elite.  Riiiight

The fact of the matter was they continued to try to run in order to make the defense respect the threat. 

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The fact of the matter was they continued to try to run in order to make the defense respect the threat. 

That doesn’t prove anything other than you don’t have to be successful running the ball in order to win the super bowl.  

19 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

How “elite” is Hall or any running back going to be behind our below average run blocking offensive line? Hard to be an elite running back when you’re running into your own offensive line cuz they can’t open up holes.

Haven’t you seen Jonathan Taylor?  He’s elite…. 

End sarcasm.  

Edited by NewEra

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

“The idea of the Bills selecting a running back with their No. 25 overall pick, even if they went for Hall, 5-foot-11, 278 pounds, who recorded 41 rushing touchdowns over the past two seasons at Iowa State — the prospect was met with strongly mixed reactions.”

but let’s discount any Joe Marino material because he said negative things about josh Allen as a prospect. 😘 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

but let’s discount any Joe Marino material because he said negative things about josh Allen as a prospect. 😘 

She’s a reporter not a football analyst. Why don’t you quote what the analysts said, you SPINSTER? Analysts like Joe Buscaglia and Matt Miller are included in the article 

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That doesn’t prove anything other than you don’t have to be successful running the ball in order to win the super bowl.  

C95A9814-D7D7-4426-A5C8-E924E42215E9.gif.9a3f0f121017a4270c30103c09af35c2.gif

If we want Breece Hall, we should trade back from 25, because you probably get him near the top of the second. I'm rather convinced Jameson Williams is going too early to even consider trading up for. I still like Olave, Watson, and Burks @25 or a small trade up, Booth, or Kenyon Green if he falls within trading distance. There might be a few others, but for the most part, I think this is a tactical draft. Trade up or stand pat for a few particular players, otherwise, trade down if there are takers. 

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

She’s a reporter not a football analyst. Why don’t you quote what the analysts said, you SPINSTER? Analysts like Joe Buscaglia and Matt Miller are included in the article 

C95A9814-D7D7-4426-A5C8-E924E42215E9.gif.9a3f0f121017a4270c30103c09af35c2.gif

Because I didn’t re read the article as I already read it when it came out 7 days ago.  I just remembered reading the article and laughing at the typo.  Buscaglia and Millers opinions have been discussed already……as has mine….and yours….and everyone’s on the website…..not much else to say.  

You know how I feel.   He’s my rb2 behind Walker.  I love watching great running backs run and would be happy with either of them @ 57.  I think either would be great additions….but wouldn’t be smart picks at 25.  If we picked either @ 25, I wouldn’t be mad, but I would think that we should’ve taken someone else.  Then I would love watching them play in Buffalo for 4-5 years with hopes they can win us a super bowl.  Literally nothing else to say.  

50 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

I think Saffold and Bates will actually make a difference 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We wanted Eteniene last year. Anyone that is upset we might take one at 25 this year isn’t paying attention. 

Eteniene is a pass catching back, so is Breece Hall. McD said he wants a Thurman Thomas to go with Allen. People are not paying attention. 

Agree with this.  I think Breece Hall is a good value at #25 There’s a big drop off at corner after sauce and stingley.  Lots of WR depth to be had throughout the draft, and it’s not a major need.  If you can get the best RB on the board in Breece, as a current super bowl favorite that has weakness in the running game, it’s a good pick.  The fact that he’s a pass-catching back would be a huge boon for Allen and the team as well. The guy is a TD-maker and would make us that much better.  Bottom of the first round is more than a reasonable spot for an elite RB pick.  

Edited by Aurelius
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We wanted Eteniene last year. Anyone that is upset we might take one at 25 this year isn’t paying attention. 

Eteniene is a pass catching back, so is Breece Hall. McD said he wants a Thurman Thomas to go with Allen. People are not paying attention. 

Just dont see it at 25.  That doesnt mean a rb would not be in consideration in the 2nd

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

James Cook is the best pass catching RB in the draft

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Agree with this.  I think Breece Hall is a good value at #28.  There’s a big drop off at corner after sauce and stingley.  Lots of WR depth to be had throughout the draft, and it’s not a major need. If you can get the best RB on the board in Breece, as a current super bowl favorite that has weakness in the running game, it’s a good pick.  The fact that he’s a pass-catching back would be a huge boon for Allen and the team as well. The guy is a TD-maker and would make us that much better.  Bottom of the first round is more than a reasonable spot for an elite RB pick.  

It’s not a consensus that Hall is the best RB in the draft 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There is no proof they wanted Eteniene.  The people covering the Bills said he was never really in play for the Bills and they never looked to move up.  DE was the want for the Bills.

In addition the team that drafted him - moved him to WR not RB.  Before the injury they exclusively practiced him at Slot and outside WR. He was not Thurman - he was their version of McKenzie.