Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

Your either reaching for CB in round 1 or reaching for RB in round 1. CB seems to be the highest position needed but a top tier HB makes your team a whole lot dynamic on offense. You go 2 deep against Hall or Spiller... your going to wish you didnt... You bring a any safety forward... they going to wish they didnt.  It seems this year it is about creating mismatches based on the team you are playing against. Being diverse against teams Like KC last year... and I am going to give you another example of how to beat KC?  Baltimore beat KC cause they can run the ball. Chargers scored points fast passing but their running game stopped KC from having so many drives and thats how Chargers beat KC... KC lost to TEN cause of the running game. Lost the the Bengals Twice cause they can pass and run.

Diversity is key.. and its not about your RB having to run 150 yard a game... its about the THREAT... We do not have a THREAT... Big Difference folks...

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t mind trying to upgrade the RB room but reaching for an RB in the 1st round seems like total overkill 

Good teams that have great rosters sometimes have to reach.

17 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

This is how good teams become bad teams.

This is the worst take I have read this week... You know what great teams do in the draft that have 1 or 2 holes? They do all they can to move up or back to get their player and if they cant then they fill the hole anyhow cause great teams don't have many holes to fill...

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t think the Bills ever have to worry about “burning clock” with Josh Allen as their QB…. Too many fans thinking circa mid 2000 Bills…. They need a more efficient running game, but they should be looking to score on every possession, not “burn clock”…. And the best way to do that is putting the ball in Allen’s hands more so than not… Dynamic WR over Breece Hall and it’s not even close… wouldn’t be surprised if McD wants to run the ball more though next season.

Yep… need better personnel upfront for a better run game, hopefully they get it via the draft.

YUP, it's like everyone already forgot the bills burning the clock down to 13 secs vs KC...

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

As I have already pointed out, I'm not very draft inclined compared to a lot of you guys. I've seen arguments for everyone's pick. At the end of the day, I'll put my trust in Beane. If we trade up for a corner, I'll be good with that. I'm not very on board with taking a WR given the emergence of Davis and the resigning of Diggs. I also believe McKenzie will fill Beasley's role better than a lot of people think. The man's proven himself, so much so that he's become a Patriot killer. But if we do take a corner at 25, I just hope it won't be taking one for the sake of taking one.

If Breece Hall is the pick, I won't hate it. I'm not on that RBs are a dime a dozen train. Call it what you want, RBs are capable of contributing to wins. Hall could very well fit right in, not just because of his talent, but how much better he could be in a Josh Allen run offense. Not calling it Dorsey's offense because I believe Allen has enough of his signature on it to call it his. I could understand taking a guard as well. All that being said, I'll trust Beane regardless

You’ll trust Beane, but you aren’t on board with a WR? 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

The more I watch tape, the more I would hope they go after Walker in the 2nd, if they go RB at all. 

I’m no way shape or form with they NOT go RB at some point. I think it will be sooner than most expect. I think that’s been brewing for a year now with the rumors about ettienne last year, the pre draft visits, the attempt at signing McKissic, and mcd’s recent quotes. 

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t mind trying to upgrade the RB room but reaching for an RB in the 1st round seems like total overkill 

The same people that think it’s a reach to take a RB are fine with taking the possible fifth or sixth CB off the board at 25.  Talk about reaching…

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I’m no way shape or form with they NOT go RB at some point. I think it will be sooner than most expect. I think that’s been brewing for a year now with the rumors about ettienne last year, the pre draft visits, the attempt at signing McKissic, and mcd’s recent quotes. 

I just don't think Beane will go that route at 25 or even trade up for one. I would understand trading up for a CB, but for him to resign Diggs and Davis coming on strong at the end of last year, which will also mean another heavy contract for him later on down the road, I don't think he would pull the trigger this year. But if he does decide to go that route, I won't object

7 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

The same people that think it’s a reach to take a RB are fine with taking the possible fifth or sixth CB off the board at 25.  Talk about reaching…

I don’t know what this means… if the CB is higher on a team’s board than any of the RBs it doesn’t matter where he ranks within his own position on their board. And CB is a premium position, which is top heavy in this particular draft. How many CBs have 1st round grades vs how many RBs have 1st round grades determines which is a reach

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, motorj said:

YUP, it's like everyone already forgot the bills burning the clock down to 13 secs vs KC...

did you watch that game? this might be the worst take I have read so far this year...  there was 65 seconds left at the end of the game... Josh HAD to get a TD.. and he did it in 52 seconds... Where was there time to burn the clock that drive? have you lost your mind? You know when we could of burned the time? you know who burned clock that game? KC... They had 9 more minutes on the clock in time of possession and though Mahomes was the better rusher their #2 rusher ran for 60 yards.

You know what our #1 rusher was? Josh Allen 68 yards... You know how many yards our RB's did combined? 41 yards...

HORRIBLE!

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

not all drafts are created equal 

Sometimes there are 5-6 players at a group with first round talent 

This is a deep corner class... Much deeper with high end talent than rb

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I agree... Thats why if you have to reach for RB or CB in the first round... you reach for RB and get your CB Round 2. 

Last season the top 10 CB's, 5 came from the 2015 draft (3 of them outside round 1) and we are looking at a CB draft this year almost as deep in my opinion.... let that sink in..

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know what this means… if the CB is higher on a team’s board than any of the RBs it doesn’t matter where he ranks within his own position on their board. And CB is a premium position, which is top heavy in this particular draft. How many CBs have 1st round grades vs how many RBs have 1st round grades determines which is a reach

So you are just assuming that any corner will be rated higher than an RB.  I disagree. I think the bills are very much in the market for offensive weapons and arent as urgent into getting a “top” corner as most of you are hoping. Beane has pretty much said that. However, you have to be living in a cave if you can’t see all the activity around WR, TE, and RB visits this off-season. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So you would admit then that you can also get a corner later in the draft?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I agree... Thats why if you have to reach for RB or CB in the first round... you reach for RB and get your CB Round 2. 

Last season the top 10 CB's, 5 came from the 2015 draft (3 of them outside round 1) and we are looking at a CB draft this year almost as deep in my opinion.... let that sink in..

It's a lot easier to find a running back in the draft than a true outside corner

Realistically you could find a gem anywhere, but your odds of finding a true outside cornerback decrease every round 

You can find a stud running back in in the second or third round of a lot of drafts

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

So you are just assuming that any corner will be rated higher than an RB.  I disagree. I think the bills are very much in the market for offensive weapons and arent as urgent into getting a “top” corner as most of you are hoping. Beane has pretty much said that. However, you have to be living in a cave if you can’t see all the activity around WR, TE, and RB visits this off-season. 

its not about more weapons though.. its different TYPE of weapons. We got Howard cause that gives us weapons in a 2 TE set. We got Crowder out of need. A weapon at RB would bring this offense to where KC was when they had Hall.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

It's a lot easier to find a running back in the draft than a true outside corner

Realistically you could find a gem anywhere, but your odds of finding a true outside cornerback decrease every round 

You can find a stud running back in in the second or third round of a lot of drafts

1000% a... disagree lol... Though I get your point I think that is about even.... lets face facts... drafting is a flip of the coin or sometimes worse depending on the position BUT if i had to put money on one? yea RB lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

So you would admit then that you can also get a corner later in the draft?

Again you could find a gem in any round realistically 

Those corners are all going to be gone by the time our second round pick rolls away

You can find a really good running back in the second or third rounds of a lot of drafts ... Your chances of hitting a good outside corner are significantly lower

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

its not about more weapons though.. its different TYPE of weapons. We got Howard cause that gives us weapons in a 2 TE set. We got Crowder out of need. A weapon at RB would bring this offense to where KC was when they had Hall.

You mention 2 guys on deals that expire at season’s end. This has been part of my argument. They have very few “weapons” that are locked up after this season. All the longer contracts are on the defensive side except for a select few…

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

You mention 2 guys on deals that expire at season’s end. This has been part of my argument. They have very few “weapons” that are locked up after this season. All the longer contracts are on the defensive side except for a select few…

Howard is a prove it contract.. I can see Howard wanting to stay if he does well and we at least make it to the big game this year. Crowder is a different story.

Those corners are all going to be gone by the time our second round pick rolls away

You can find a really good running back in the second or third rounds of a lot of drafts ... Your chances of hitting a good outside corner are significantly lower

We can agree to disagree on this. By this logic, it’s quite possible that the running backs that Beane is interested in are gone at 57 too. Meanwhile, a guy like Cam Taylor-Britt, Martin Emerson, Coby Bryant, or Alontae Taylor might still be there.  Again…there is also a chance to get a good corner later on as well. 

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

1000% a... disagree lol... Though I get your point I think that is about even.... lets face facts... drafting is a flip of the coin or sometimes worse depending on the position BUT if i had to put money on one? yea RB lol

With the talent of division one running backs there are a lot of good ones in every single round

There are 50 running backs in the NFL who have the talent to go for a thousand yards if given enough carries.. what most of them don't have is the longevity to do it for more than a season or two 

Every year there are good running backs that go undrafted.. That's how deep the pool is

The cornerback pool is not that deep

15 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

did you watch that game? this might be the worst take I have read so far this year...  there was 65 seconds left at the end of the game... Josh HAD to get a TD.. and he did it in 52 seconds... Where was there time to burn the clock that drive? have you lost your mind? You know when we could of burned the time? you know who burned clock that game? KC... They had 9 more minutes on the clock in time of possession and though Mahomes was the better rusher their #2 rusher ran for 60 yards.

You know what our #1 rusher was? Josh Allen 68 yards... You know how many yards our RB's did combined? 41 yards...

HORRIBLE!

Just agreeing with his post. I'd say burning the clock would be useless against a team like KC and scoring as much with the ball in Josh's hands would be more beneficial than going conservative mode and burning the clock

With the talent of division one running backs there are a lot of good ones in every single round

There are 50 running backs in the NFL who have the talent to go for a thousand yards if given enough carries.. what most of them don't have is the longevity to do it for more than a season or two 

Every year there are good running backs that go undrafted.. That's how deep the pool is

You like contradicting yourself don’t you?  In one of your recent posts you literally boast about how deep this draft is at high end corner talent and then you say this…haha. Wow…

• Thank you (+1) 1

Breece Hall is rated the best talent in this year’s draft. Better than Sauce Gardner and people want to pass on him because he’s a RB? He’s a weapon!! Listen to what all the draftniks say about adding him to this roster and how he will make this offense more potent. Path to the draft guys today were gushing over possibility of him in the backfield with Josh. Compared it to Kelly and Thurman. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, whorlnut said:

We can agree to disagree on this. By this logic, it’s quite possible that the running backs that Beane is interested in are gone at 57 too. Meanwhile, a guy like Cam Taylor-Britt, Martin Emerson, Coby Bryant, or Alontae Taylor might still be there.  Again…there is also a chance to get a good corner later on as well. 

I don't disagree that you could find a good cornerback in the second or third round

I'm just saying that it's easier to find a good running back in round three compared to a good corner 

I think the drop off is significantly more for corners than running backs 

Just now, motorj said:

Just agreeing with his post. I'd say burning the clock would be useless against a team like KC and scoring as much with the ball in Josh's hands would be more beneficial than going conservative mode and burning the clock

its the threat.. its about 20-40 more yards of offense coming from the RB position... I dont want us to be TEN.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't disagree that you could find a good cornerback in the second or third round

I'm just saying that it's easier to find a good running back in round three compared to a good corner 

But you said it’s deep in high end corner talent….you literally said that. This is pointless…I’m not arguing with someone that doesn’t even know what they said. Have fun…

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Breece Hall is rated the best talent in this year’s draft. Better than Sauce Gardner and people want to pass on him because he’s a RB? He’s a weapon!! Listen to what all the draftniks say about adding him to this roster and how he will make this offense more potent. Path to the draft guys today were gushing over possibility of him in the backfield with Josh. Compared it to Kelly and Thurman. 

But…they can get ANY RB in ANY round and it won’t make a difference. Haha…good grief…

Just now, whorlnut said:

But you said it’s deep in high end corner talent….you literally said that. This is pointless…I’m not arguing with someone that doesn’t even know what they said. Have fun…

We can get good corners deep in the draft. Alontae Taylor can be had. I want to load up on offensive weapons in the first 2 rounds. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Bills made it work with a 7th rounder and UDFA. Top rated passing defense. Not so much with 3rd rd RBs. Take away Josh Allen and our rushing attack was one of the worst in the league 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

there are different Tiers of RB

Elite

Great

Good

Serviceable - Singletary 

I want good or great... You can get serviceable RB's in round 3 and 4... but how did that work out for Moss? he a round 3 RB yes? you act like every RB is going to be at least serviceable... just not true.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You like contradicting yourself don’t you?  In one of your recent posts you literally boast about how deep this draft is at high end corner talent and then you say this…haha. Wow…

How am I contradicting myself? 

I said the class has five or six top corners .. outside of those five or six guys which are going to go in the top 40 picks

It's not as deep into the third or fourth round as running back

It's deep at high end talent not across the board 

Running back depth is going to be stronger in round three then the outside corners.. 

I know what I said

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The Bills made it work with a 7th rounder and UDFA. Top rated passing defense. Not so much with 3rd rd RBs. Take away Josh Allen and our rushing attack was one of the worst in the league 

100% this. We took average CBs in late rounds and turned them into respectable starters. There is no reason to reach on CB. We need an elite RB. 

Elite

Great

Good

Serviceable - Singletary 

I want good or great... You can get serviceable RB's in round 3 and 4... but how did that work out for Moss? he a round 3 RB yes? you act like every RB is going to be at least serviceable... just not true.

Absolutely. Glad other people here understand this. So awesome. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

How am I contradicting myself? 

I said the class has five or six top corners .. outside of those five or six guys which are going to go in the top 40 picks

It's not that deep into the third or fourth round

It's deep at high end talent not across the board 

Running back depth is going to be stronger in round three then the outside corners..  there's like a round and a half worth of outside corner depth

You have no idea of knowing this. Guys like Taylor-Britt and McCollum could end up better than your “elite talent”. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

You have no idea of knowing this. Guys like Taylor-Britt and McCollum could end up better than your “elite talent”. 

Corner is one position I have the utmost confidence in McBeane. I don’t even waste my time “scouting” them anymore for drafts, because I just know it will work out if they pick one. I wish I could say that about other positions. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Corner is one position I have the utmost confidence in McBeane. I don’t even waste my time “scouting” them anymore for drafts, because I just know it will work out if they pick one. I wish I could say that about other positions. 

lol lets face facts... Buffalo has a strong track record scouting CB's lol

• Like (+1) 2

Elite

Great

Good

Serviceable - Singletary 

There are busts and gems at every single position 

But running back depth does slide further

Jonathan Taylor , cam Akers , jk dobbins, aj dillon all recent 2nd rounders 

Miles Sanders 2nd round , Darrell Henderson 3rd , David Montgomery 3rd , Damien Harris 3rd.. tony pollard rd4 

Nick Chubb rd 2, dalvin cool rd 2, Joe Mixon rd 2, Alvin kamara rd 3, Kareem hunt rd 3, marlon Mack Rd 4,  Aaron Jones Rd 5  

Almost every year there is running backs in the second or third round that are impact players

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Of course they can it's the NFL draft

Did you see the names of quarterbacks that went before Tom Brady? 

It's not an exact science 

why would I not know this?  

Every single kid available in the NFL draft has immense talent

Edited by Buffalo716

Imagine if this team had a Jonathan Taylor, Henry, or a Kamara. We would probably set no punt records. Imagine a team that actually has to play 8 in the box versus us. It makes Allen all that much more dangerous. I get incredibly excited just thinking about it. It honestly wouldn’t even be fair. 

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Just think if TEN had Josh Allen instead of Tannehill, they’d be the new dynasty of the AFC

Absolutely. Allen + Henry wouldn’t be fair. It’s not possible to defend. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Because we really struggle run blocking

Put singletary behind the colts line and he will look really good..  he wouldn't be Jonathan Taylor but he would look really good

• Disagree 3

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

I’m glad that we reached on Tre’Davious White …..the 5th cb drafted.

not saying that is our best option….but I think that each draft class is different and being the 5th best often has a lot to do with the other players in the class.  There are 6-8 WRs I’d MUCH rather draft than Breece Hall.  

you’d rather draft Hall over Pickens, Dotson and Watson? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m glad that we reached on Tre’Davious White …..the 5th cb drafted.

not saying that is our best option….but I think that each draft class is different and being the 5th best often has a lot to do with the other players in the class.  There are 6-8 WRs I’d MUCH rather draft than Breece Hall.  

you’d rather draft Hall over Pickens, Dotson and Watson? 

Hall is a near lock to be an immediate impact player in this offense just by being on the field…even without touching the ball. 

while I like those WR’s they aren’t a lock to make an immediate impact on this team

We can hopefully do both. Find a way to get a WR and Hall in the first two rounds

Dream scenario for me is a trade up for Jameson Williams and a trade up for Breece Hall.  Nuclear firepower for Allen. Yes please.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because we really struggle run blocking

Put singletary behind the colts line and he will look really good..  he wouldn't be Jonathan Taylor but he would look really good

There is some truth to this, but either way, I don’t see us extending Singletary when we can draft a more talented RB for another 4-5 years.