Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Because they thought CEH was JAG. You’re also proving what we are trying to convey. If teams try to take away the passing game, you need a RB that will make them pay. Motor doesn’t have those attributes 

Wentz didn’t have anything to do about that, huh? We’ll see how it goes with Matty Ice at control 

So your telling m than The RB cannot lift a team a bit and well is Just a RB.  Thanks I know that already though.

So RB in the late 2nd I can be OK with.  

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yes, by giving Motor more touches. Now imagine if Motor was a talent like JT28, maybe we wouldn’t have punted in that KC game and went on to meet the Bengals 

i can imagine Breece Hall and Derrick Henry getting stuffed just like motor did for the first 2/3rd of the season if our line doesn’t open holes.  That’s the way football works.  That’s the way the nfl see it as well.  Hence RBs rarely ever getting taken in rd 1.  I wonder how many yards Emmitt Smith would’ve run for if he we’re drafted by the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Because they thought CEH was JAG. You’re also proving what we are trying to convey. If teams try to take away the passing game, you need a RB that will make them pay. Motor doesn’t have those attributes 

Wentz didn’t have anything to do about that, huh? We’ll see how it goes with Matty Ice at control 

When they actually used him properly last year at the end of the year he played very well. How quickly people forget.

54 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@NewEra, just remember that the NFL game is cyclical. Teams figure you out then you have to adapt. Think that’s what KC is doing? 

Yeah…..and it’s much easier to adapt when you have a good OL rather than with a star RB.  The OL has a huge effect on every aspect of the offense.  They influence every play.  Regardless of what sequence of the cycle is in effect.  

i think KC did the right thing long term. They have their Lombardi already, so they can do that.  

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

When they actually used him properly last year at the end of the year he played very well. How quickly people forget.

Yup.  Too consumed with 40 times

• Like (+1) 1

I wish I had the ability and time to evaluate tape on a college player. What I will say is I think a true threat at RB would be a boon for the entire offense. Someone you need to game plan against. That person is not in the team right now, as much as I like Singletary. Is Hall that guy? I don’t have the ability to evaluate. But a difference maker at RB would put the offense over the top. And I would love for Josh not to run as much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Watching some videos on Kenneth Walker…he would be a nice consulation prize in Round 2 if we go CB at 25 and Breece Hall isn’t there.  He is explosive, fast and has some great moves. 

The best rb in the class imo.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Not gonna let you

1347918A-0C52-46D6-921D-BBCEC8509670.jpeg.5dfd74e2318330b9b542108956fb7fd2.jpeg

Ha.  I’ve been on the Walker train since watching him @ wake. Love the way dude runs.  He’s more of a big play rb than Breece is.  His 2nd move is deadly. 

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

i can imagine Breece Hall and Derrick Henry getting stuffed just like motor did for the first 2/3rd of the season if our line doesn’t open holes.  That’s the way football works.  That’s the way the nfl see it as well.  Hence RBs rarely ever getting taken in rd 1.  I wonder how many yards Emmitt Smith would’ve run for if he we’re drafted by the Jets. 

A good offensive line makes every back look better you're right 

If you could have Adrian Peterson in his prime with a terrible offensive line... Or a stalwart of a line with just good running backs

Id take the latter all day everyday

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Magnum Force said:

Draft Round aside…are we in agreement that a Running Back such as Hall or Walker would make this offense dangerous and hard to defense?

I was in the same boat as you last year. I didn’t think Motor was good enough to win a SB.  I would’ve been ok with Etienne or Harris, but preferred the speed of Etienne.   After watching Motor this year, I changed my mind.  He’s a good rb and showed marked improvement this past season. He just needs touches and blocking.  Can we use an upgrade? Sure, upgrades at any position will lead to a better team.    

i just don’t think it’s worth the 25th pick considering some of the other prospects that will likely be available.  Too many good players at premium positions of WR (who now get paid 30M) and CB (22M) to pass up for a RB.  If they’re all gone…..then I wouldn’t be that upset if we went RB.  …I just don’t think it’s smart. .  

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

A good offensive line makes every back look better you're right 

If you could have Adrian Peterson in his prime with a terrible offensive line... Or a stalwart of a line with just good running backs

Id take the latter all day everyday

Agreed.  And I think Peterson is the best rb I’ve ever seen.  I’m also biased against Barry due to me always thinking thurman was just as good if not better and I can’t speak on Jim Brown as I was born in 74.

Beast OL = wins

Beast RB = more oohs and ahhs

2 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Watching some videos on Kenneth Walker…he would be a nice consulation prize in Round 2 if we go CB at 25 and Breece Hall isn’t there.  He is explosive, fast and has some great moves. 

Really nice Wake forest kid who wake forest wouldn’t feature for whatever reason. High character, smart, fast and talented- he’ll be a good one

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I feel like Breece Hall is not the talent that Najee Harris or Travis Etienne was coming out of college. I'd bet despite all the hype and the mocks, a RB doesn't come off the board until Round 2.

Yeah but a good likelihood Hall will be gone before pick 57 and possibly Walker also.

I'm starting to think they might actually take Hall at 25. If the rumors about them being interested in Etienne last year are true I think they might think this is good value in that it is a position of need and someone who can step in and make a difference. There's probably going to be like 4 CB's taken by the time they pick. Do you want the 5th best CB or the best RB?

• Thank you (+1) 1