How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So I guess the extraordinary market interventions that the political branches and the Federal Reserve took over the last 27 months had nothing to do with the remarkable gains in the market? The gains that are now being washed away by a return to reality?

Gains were stopped in March of 2020 by the most vile evil moronic sheep on Earth

Where did Covid go? 

We all safe now?

Who here didn't get Covid?  Anyone?  

What a miracle.   Good thing we shut down the Earth for 18 months.  We saved billions - and prevented VARIANTS

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Gains were stopped in March of 2020 by the most vile evil moronic sheep on Earth

Where did Covid go? 

We all safe now?

Who here didn't get Covid?  Anyone?  

What a miracle.   Good thing we shut down the Earth for 18 months.  We saved billions - and prevented VARIANTS

I am actually surprised by how many people still think the lockdowns where a good idea. Literally not one good came from it overall, we likely saved no lives, we damaged our economy greatly, we destroyed children's educations and mental health, the list is extensive. I will not bash it at the begining due to the semi-unprecedented nature but if you can look back and actually argue it was handled well you are a person who does not learn from mistakes.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So I guess the extraordinary market interventions that the political branches and the Federal Reserve took over the last 27 months had nothing to do with the remarkable gains in the market? The gains that are now being washed away by a return to reality?

I should know. I moved a bunch of money out of the markets when COVID hit based on the rational expectation that a pandemic would launch the world into recession.  Government interventions - truly extraordinary ones like propping up the junk bond market that I stupidly didn’t anticipate - delayed that by 2 years, but I missed out on a lot of the run-up. Just like I’m missing out on the thrill of the decline right now. 
TINSTAAFL 

You pulled money out of the Market when Covid hit?  Good job.  Sell low buy high?  Is that your motto?  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

You pulled money out of the Market when Covid hit?  Good job.  Sell low buy high?  Is that your motto?  

I pulled money out of the markets when COVID hit because I did not anticipate the truly unprecedented governmental interventions that propped the market up for the last 2 years. Knowing what I know now, that was a mistake. But it was a rational decision at the time. For example: I pulled money out of high yield (“junk”) bond funds based on my reasonable expectation of a wave of defaults. That didn’t happen because the Fed did the previously unimaginable: it intervened to prop up junk bonds. 

I think all of these interventions were harmful in the long run, and not just because I missed out on some of the fake money rise in the markets. My point is this: some of you guys want to have it both ways: Blame Biden for the bursting of the bubble that was deliberately created by the Fed before Biden was even President. Biden hasn’t exactly made things better, but as I learned from the conservative economist decades ago: inflation is always and everywhere the result of loose monetary policy. If you made a lot of money in the markets over the last two years, good for you. But you do realize you are cheering on government creation of a bubble economy? And now bitching about that very same bubble bursting?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/08/10/the-fed-bought-more-blue-chip-and-junk-bonds-and-has-started-making-main-street-loans.html

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I pulled money out of the markets when COVID hit because I did not anticipate the truly unprecedented governmental interventions that propped the market up for the last 2 years. Knowing what I know now, that was a mistake. But it was a rational decision at the time. For example: I pulled money out of high yield (“junk”) bond funds based on my reasonable expectation of a wave of defaults. That didn’t happen because the Fed did the previously unimaginable: it intervened to prop up junk bonds. 

I think all of these interventions were harmful in the long run, and not just because I missed out on some of the fake money rise in the markets. My point is this: some of you guys want to have it both ways: Blame Biden for the bursting of the bubble that was deliberately created by the Fed before Biden was even President. Biden hasn’t exactly made things better, but as I learned from the conservative economist decades ago: inflation is always and everywhere the result of loose monetary policy. If you made a lot of money in the markets over the last two years, good for you. But you do realize you are cheering on government creation of a bubble economy? And now bitching about that very same bubble bursting?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/08/10/the-fed-bought-more-blue-chip-and-junk-bonds-and-has-started-making-main-street-loans.html

Not knowing your age it's hard to say but pulling your money out of the market is one of the most irrational things you can do.  You have to be right twice when even the best are many times not right once. You have to be right when to get out and the most crucial part is when to get back in.  

And good job of brining up the "blame Biden" ***** when I the only person I blamed on this was YOU!

Carry on partisan assumption boy! 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

What will the GOP do about this if they are returned to power? More tax cuts for the wealthy? 

Why are you so fixated on what I pay in taxes? You don’t see me complaining that you don’t pay anything. Shouldn’t it be the other way around ?

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Not knowing your age it's hard to say but pulling your money out of the market is one of the most irrational things you can do

Well, my age (and my kids age - I’d saved enough to cover college) does have a lot to do with it. And I didn’t move    completely out of the market, just heavily rebalanced. I’m fine with missing out on some of the run up since I’m not sweating the bear market now. 
I’m not sure what’s “partisan” about criticizing Trump’s  (and Biden’s!) Fed Chair … I just quoted Milton Friedman, but maybe that was waaaay over your amateur investor’s head. I hope your risotto is better than your economics. 

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, my age (and my kids age - I’d saved enough to cover college) does have a lot to do with it. And I didn’t move    completely out of the market, just heavily rebalanced. I’m fine with missing out on some of the run up since I’m not sweating the bear market now. 
I’m not sure what’s “partisan” about criticizing Trump’s  (and Biden’s!) Fed Chair … I just quoted Milton Friedman, but maybe that was waaaay over your amateur investor’s head. I hope your risotto is better than your economics. 

So you went from pulling all your money out of the market to heavily rebalancing….whatever that means.  🙄

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Gas prices are high all over the world 

Tibs, that doesn't remotely address Resident Biden's false claim about the "lack of gasoline"....................but you knew that.

Also:

Good to see that the Biden administration is all on the same page.

FVSydAlUcAAtFHs?format=jpg&name=large

• Thank you (+1) 1