Mike Williams. The NFLs newest 20M aav man.

NewEra

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Diggs then what, 24M per? It's gotta be significantly more as yes, Williams took a big step forward this season, it's taken him a while to get to this level and he's inconsistent.  Diggs is ultra reliable in both consistency on the field and game day availability, where as Williams has been a bit injury prone.

Ya and diggs hasn't gotten immature like Murray and other diva WRs that want more money. Diggs deserves more money but hasn't been chirping about it. Shows he wants to win championships not contracts. I think it would behoove the bills to draft a WR as soon as possible and get him learning work ethic and team first attitude from Diggs, it would make a contract with Diggs even more of a team investment.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

When did really good start getting paid as elite? Teams are handing out contracts like they are Pez again.

Every single year in free agency. Good players get paid like elite players. Average players get paid like good players.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

When did really good start getting paid as elite? Teams are handing out contracts like they are Pez again.

All the more reason to draft better than the other guys. “Buying” the biggest names and best players only works for so long if you don’t have a lot of cheap young talent coming in. Invest is scouting, evaluation and development. A guy like Gabe Davis will be paid one day, but until then he’s been an insane steal for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

When you have a borderline elite QB with 3 years left on a rookie deal... that is the time to overpay for guys. Especially weapons on offense. I suspect when you look at the guarantees and the structure it is more like 2 years $17-18m per which slots him in around Tyler Lockett (a good #2 same as Williams), Kenny Golladay (a talented guy who struggles staying healthy same as Williams) and Allen Robinson (who Williams is better than). If they are genuinely tied into 3 years and $60m I do think it is a bit of an overpayment. 

I forgot about their situation with having a “cheap” QB. That definitely makes this more palatable.

With the success rate of young WRs as high as ever, it seems like a tough pill to swallow to pay #2 so much. Young QB on a rookie deal, however. Consistency is worth it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.