Britney Griner

Doc

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Yeah. She has played in a Russian league during the WNBA off-season since 2014.

A lot of them do it cuz they make a lot more money playing there than here.

SB Nation reports in the 2019 season, the WNBA’s maximum salary was $117,500, lower than the veteran’s minimum in the big four pro sports leagues in the U.S. But women’s basketball leagues overseas pay as much as 10 times that amount. This lures WNBA players there during the WNBA’s offseason.

Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi both spent several seasons early in their careers playing basketball in Moscow, thanks to the support of Shabtai Kalmanovich.

The former KGB spy entered the business world and became a billionaire.

Using his wealth, Kalmanovich sponsored basketball teams and convinced the UConn alumni to play for his squads. He treated the ladies “like royalty” and spoiled them, paying them multiple times their U.S. salaries. Taurasi admits that money “is the only reason you go” to Russia, or any other country, to play basketball.

https://www.sportscasting.com/sue-bird-diana-taurasi-billionaire-boss-murdered-hitman-russia/

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

so you accept the verdict of a Russian court. Ok. 

Let's see what you say about our courts, your country's courts when Trump and company are indicted 

Again it's not a matter of what I accept: it's their laws.  She got 6 months fewer than the prosecutor wanted and 1 year less than the maximum.  Because, again, she broke their laws.  Try as you might, you can't get around that fact. 

What did you think was appropriate?  Just time served?  Because she's black and/or gay.  Other countries don't give a *****, much less ones like Russia.

Hopefully she gets out soon, but not for that arms dealer.  And hopefully she realizes how lucky she was to be/live in America.

As for Trump being indicted, wake me when it happens.  It won't because when the House and Senate flip in November, payback will be a biyotch and the Dems know it.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again it's not a matter of what I accept: it's their laws.  She got 6 months fewer than the prosecutor wanted and 1 year less than the maximum.  Because, again, she broke their laws.  Try as you might, you can't get around that fact. 

What did you think was appropriate?  Just time served?  Because she's black and/or gay.  Other countries don't give a *****, much less ones like Russia.

Hopefully she gets out soon, but not for that arms dealer.  And hopefully she realizes how lucky she was to be/live in America.

As for Trump being indicted, wake me when it happens.  It won't because when the House and Senate flip in November, payback will be a biyotch and the Dems know it.

You are right, she totally screwed up and is probably an idiot. But no way is this a legal issue, this is a kidnapping, that's why Russia is negotiating a swap. If this was about her breaking laws, then there would be no high level talks of a swap. The law would be only thing that matters, but Russia is using her to try and get something 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are right, she totally screwed up and is probably an idiot. But no way is this a legal issue, this is a kidnapping, that's why Russia is negotiating a swap. If this was about her breaking laws, then there would be no high level talks of a swap. The law would be only thing that matters, but Russia is using her to try and get something 

Of course Russia is trying to use her to get something.  But they weren't going to just let her walk after they found something. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You agree with 9 years for this bs? 

Come on, Putin did this. You buy there was some fair trail here? In a dictatorship? 

I got a bridge you might be interested in 

What happens to Canadians who try to bring marijuana into the United States? 

15 hours ago, meazza said:

What happens to Canadians who try to bring marijuana into the United States? 

So what do you do if you reach the border and suddenly remember that pack of edibles in the glove department? Your best bet is to answer the border patrol agent truthfully. You’ll lose your goods and might have your car searched, but giving it up before crossing the international border will prevent further headaches the next time you cross by car

https://matadornetwork.com/read/us-canada-border-cannabis/

22 minutes ago, ALF said:

So what do you do if you reach the border and suddenly remember that pack of edibles in the glove department? Your best bet is to answer the border patrol agent truthfully. You’ll lose your goods and might have your car searched, but giving it up before crossing the international border will prevent further headaches the next time you cross by car

Failing that, you're going to get nailed if they find it after you've crossed.  And face jail time.  Which is the point here.

54 minutes ago, Doc said:

Failing that, you're going to get nailed if they find it after you've crossed.  And face jail time.  Which is the point here.

It was just a funny article with a Montreal connection for meazza . Follow the law and you won't have a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALF said:

When cannabis became legal, we were warned not to purchase with credit or debit cards because we could be black listed from returning to the US as there would be a paper trail and marijuanna was illegal federally.

28 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I think every woke person, who despises this country and its freedoms, needs to go spend 9 years in a Russian jail- it will only make them better Americans when they return…😉

It make them say "see, my country doesn't/didn't give a ***** about me a let me rot for 9 years in Russia."  You need to send them there for several months thinking they're getting sentenced to 9 years.  Then they'll appreciate it more.  If they get Brits back soon, you won't hear a peep from her bashing America ever again.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

It make them say "see, my country doesn't/didn't give a ***** about me a let me rot for 9 years in Russia."  You need to send them there for several months thinking they're getting sentenced to 9 years.  Then they'll appreciate it more.  If they get Brits back soon, you won't hear a peep from her bashing America ever again.

Laughable POV coming from the cult that enabled Conald to piss all over the constitution and his oath to the United States.

idiots