Milanos Milano

1) Andrew Booth Jr/Clemson CB

2) Sky Moore/W Michigan WR

3) James Cook/Georgia RB

4) Troy Andersen/Montana St LB

5) Matt Araiza/San Diego St P

6) Alontae Taylor/Tenn CB

7) Percy Butler/Louisiana FS

The top 5 will make the roster with Taylor and Butler going to the practice squad. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScorpionZero said:

Sorry if everyone gets irritated with all my mocks, but I look forward to this time of year. And I'm so gonna hit triple digits, lol

Not at all.... I click on this thread every couple of days and scroll through them when I am bored. 😁

• Agree 1

Last one of the day, I know your bummed, but I did say 5 a day.

Round: 1

Jahan Dotson

WR | Penn State

Round: 2

Jaquan Brisker

S | Penn State

Round: 3

Troy Andersen

LB | Montana State

Round: 4

Akayleb Evans

CB | Missouri

Round: 5

Hassan Haskins

RB | Michigan

Round: 6

Jaylen Watson

CB | Washington State

Devon Williams

WR | Oregon

Round: 7

Jack Coan

QB | Notre Dame

2 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

Last one of the day, I know your bummed, but I did say 5 a day.

Round: 1

Jahan Dotson

WR | Penn State

Round: 2

Jaquan Brisker

S | Penn State

Round: 3

Troy Andersen

LB | Montana State

Round: 4

Akayleb Evans

CB | Missouri

Round: 5

Hassan Haskins

RB | Michigan

Jaylen Watson

CB | Washington State

Devon Williams

WR | Oregon

Round: 7

Jack Coan

QB | Notre Dame

No disrespect intended, but it’s be far more interesting if you’d add at least a little narrative to why each mock is constructed the way you did. Are other players off the board? Is this one where you hope they’ll go? Etc

25 Daxton Hill S

57 Chad Muma LB

89 Wan'Dale Robinson WR

130 Luke Fortner IOL 

168 Joshua Ezeudu IOL 

185 Reed Blankenship S

203 Charlie Kolar TE

231 Jalen Nailor WR

I’d be pretty tickled with this draft. I think Hill is the type of versatile guy all good teams need. I’ve made no secret of my desire to move on from Edmunds. I think Muma might give them the impetus to do that. Robinson is in my opinion one of the most overlooked receivers in this draft. Great competitor, tough as nails and productive. Two solid interior lineman. Developmental safety and TE. And a possible KR return man and depth receiver in Nailor. 

had to give up my 1st this year, 1st and 3rd next year to move up to 11 for Gardner. It was worth it IMO. Next year we will be in awe from our Super Bowl win anyway. Also had to give up next years 4th to move up to snag Beavers. He will be Edmunds replacement by next year if not sooner. I feel really good about the first 5 picks. 

11. Ahmad Gardner, CB Cincinnati

57. Skyy Moore, WR Western Michigan

89. Jerome Ford, RB Cincinnati

112. Darrian Beavers, LB Cincinnati

168. Matt Araiza, P San Diego State

185. Cordell Volson, OG North Dakota State

203. Amare Barno, EDGE Virginia Tech

231. Allie Green IV, CB Missouri

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

1. WR Jameson Williams - Alabama

2. RB Breece Hall - Iowa St

3. Edge David Ojabo - Michigan

4. TE Jelani Woods - Virginia

5. CB Alontae Taylor - Tenn

6. WR Charleston Rambo - Miami U

how does this happen?  Big Baller Beane😎

Please god somehow make this happen. 

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

No disrespect intended, but it’s be far more interesting if you’d add at least a little narrative to why each mock is constructed the way you did. Are other players off the board? Is this one where you hope they’ll go? Etc

Your absolutely right, I should give my thoughts and reasoning behind my choices, I do have many thoughts on why I select who I select but do not share them. Out of respect for the board and it's members I will share my thoughts on my choices from now on.

It's quite interesting that you mentioned that because when I'm making picks, my reasoning and or thinking to myself the reasons I'm making a particular selection, I just don't write them down, or share them.

Thx for the slap.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

had to give up my 1st this year, 1st and 3rd next year to move up to 11 for Gardner. It was worth it IMO. Next year we will be in awe from our Super Bowl win anyway. Also had to give up next years 4th to move up to snag Beavers. He will be Edmunds replacement by next year if not sooner. I feel really good about the first 5 picks. 

11. Ahmad Gardner, CB Cincinnati

57. Skyy Moore, WR Western Michigan

89. Jerome Ford, RB Cincinnati

112. Darrian Beavers, LB Cincinnati

168. Matt Araiza, P San Diego State

185. Cordell Volson, OG North Dakota State

203. Amare Barno, EDGE Virginia Tech

231. Allie Green IV, CB Missouri

Please god somehow make this happen. 

I’d do that for sure… sucks that he has little to no chance of falling to 11 imo.  The price will be likely be substantial.  Stingley might be attainable.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d do that for sure… sucks that he has little to no chance of falling to 11 imo.  The price will be likely be substantial.  Stingley might be attainable.  

I don’t know if it’s guaranteed that he doesn’t make it to 11 but you are right. It’s likely he doesn’t. I also think that this years first and next years first and third would be worth it but I’m not sure I’d make that move for him. If Hamilton were there I might but I think I’d wait on the hopes for Booth, Kair, McDuffie in the first, or Gordon, Emerson in the 2nd. 

• Agree 1

I call this the Freak Athlete Draft:

25. Chris Olave WR Ohio St.

57.  Kyler Gordon CB Washington

89. Rachaad White RB Arizona St.

130. Damarri Mathis CB Pitt

168. Cole Turner TE Nevada

Edited by Special K

24 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t know if it’s guaranteed that he doesn’t make it to 11 but you are right. It’s likely he doesn’t. I also think that this years first and next years first and third would be worth it but I’m not sure I’d make that move for him. If Hamilton were there I might but I think I’d wait on the hopes for Booth, Kair, McDuffie in the first, or Gordon, Emerson in the 2nd. 

I agree to all but trading up for Hamilton.  As special as he may be, I couldn’t do it for a S

20 minutes ago, Special K said:

I call this the Freak Athlete Draft:

25. Chris Olave WR Ohio St.

57.  Kyler Gordon CB Washington

89. Rachaad White RB Arizona St.

130. Damarri Mathis CB Pitt

168. Cole Turner TE Nevada

Wouldn’t we be lucky for Olave and Gordon fell to 25 and 37 respectively 

9 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

Sorry if everyone gets irritated with all my mocks, but I look forward to this time of year. And I'm so gonna hit triple digits, lol

Lol.  I don’t think we get irritated now that you have your very own thread. Just kinda funny.  It’s up to us whether or not we wanna click on it.  Do you and have fun man!

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

1. WR Jameson Williams - Alabama

2. RB Breece Hall - Iowa St

3. Edge David Ojabo - Michigan

4. TE Jelani Woods - Virginia

5. CB Alontae Taylor - Tenn

6. WR Charleston Rambo - Miami U

how does this happen?  Big Baller Beane😎

Pretty easy….the computer is dumb. Would be epic, but 0% chance of this happening 

image.thumb.png.cbf7834837e7941fbfea2378c61f5f72.pngimage.thumb.png.ff6a0dddf3c0dac1335fef52c44a0af2.png

I haven't done a mock on 'The Draft Network' where this many top choices fell into my lap. With most, there are no WRs I like at 25 and sometimes no CBs. All of the top RBs are always there but I refuse to take one. There was no trading allowed. That said...

25 (Round 1): I debated between McDuffie and Garrett Wilson and ultimately went with the CB. Had I known that Kyler Gordon would still be there at 57, I would have taken Garrett in Round 1. Decisions come with consequences but I'm thrilled to get McDuffie.

57 (Round 2): Gordon was the choice. All of the top RBs were still available so I decided to wait. WRs were getting thin but George Pickens and Calvin Austin were still there but I felt Gordon was the better value and the CB position is now rock solid with these first two selections. Not at all what I was expecting to do but I'm still feeling good about my decisions.

89 (Round 3): Pickens and Austin were gone and there were no WRs here that floated my boat. Breece Hall was still sitting there so I scooped him up. Happy to land him in the 3rd and the offense gets a boost despite no addition(s) yet at WR. Truth be told, I like Kenneth Walker III better but he was not an option having been taken by KC at #50 in Round 2.

130 (Round 4): I love Jelani Woods and his physical presence and massive upside. Charlie Kolar was an option here, as well, but I have a man crush on Jelani. Still no WR but I figured I still get a potential bump in the passing game here as well as a legit red zone target for Josh.

168 (Round 5): Finally grabbed a WR in Round 5. Wanted to take one sooner but I outlined above why I didn't so the choices were getting thin. Romeo Doubs was the choice. Good size (6' 2', 200 lbs) and speed to take the top off of a defense and good separation skills.

185 (Round 6): A little late in the game for IOL, as well, but that's how the board fell and taking two CBs at the top weakened the ability to grab a 'higher profile' player. Cade Mays was the choice here. Versatile. Played all five OL positions in his time at both Georgia and Tennessee (which we all know is a coveted trait by McDermott) but projects to guard. 

203 (Round 6): Opted for some LB help/depth with the selection of Micah McFadden. Would be the Mike in Frazier's 4-3 as a backup or possible short-term replacement for Edmunds. Solid tackler, decent in zone coverage, and can get after the QB, if needed.

231 (Round 7): P Matt Araiza was still sitting there with the last pick so this was a no-brainer. I know he is being projected to go anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th by some pundits but he is still regularly available in the 6th and 7th Rounds in just about every mock draft I do over several sites. We're now ten days from the NFL Draft and this has not changed.

Anyway, that was my thinking with the choices for this particular mock.

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

image.thumb.png.cbf7834837e7941fbfea2378c61f5f72.pngimage.thumb.png.ff6a0dddf3c0dac1335fef52c44a0af2.png

I haven't done a mock on 'The Draft Network' where this many top choices fell into my lap. With most, there are no WRs I like at 25 and sometimes no CBs. All of the top RBs are always there but I refuse to take one. There was no trading allowed. That said...

25 (Round 1): I debated between McDuffie and Garrett Wilson and ultimately went with the CB. Had I known that Kyler Gordon would still be there at 57, I would have taken Garrett in Round 1. Decisions come with consequences but I'm thrilled to get McDuffie.

57 (Round 2): Gordon was the choice. All of the top RBs were still available so I decided to wait. WRs were getting thin but George Pickens and Calvin Austin were still there but I felt Gordon was the better value and the CB position is now rock solid with these first two selections. Not at all what I was expecting to do but I'm still feeling good about my decisions.

89 (Round 3): Pickens and Austin were gone and there were no WRs here that floated my boat. Breece Hall was still sitting there so I scooped him up. Happy to land him in the 3rd and the offense gets a boost despite no addition(s) yet at WR. Truth be told, I like Kenneth Walker III better but he was not an option having been taken by KC at #50 in Round 2.

130 (Round 4): I love Jelani Woods and his physical presence and massive upside. Charlie Kolar was an option here, as well, but I have a man crush on Jelani. Still no WR but I figured I still get a potential bump in the passing game here as well as a legit red zone target for Josh.

168 (Round 5): Finally grabbed a WR in Round 5. Wanted to take one sooner but I outlined above why I didn't so the choices were getting thin. Romeo Doubs was the choice. Good size (6' 2', 200 lbs) and speed to take the top off of a defense and good separation skills.

185 (Round 6): A little late in the game for IOL, as well, but that's how the board fell and taking two CBs at the top weakened the ability to grab a 'higher profile' player. Cade Mays was the choice here. Versatile. Played all five OL positions in his time at both Georgia and Tennessee (which we all know is a coveted trait by McDermott) but projects to guard. 

203 (Round 6): Opted for some LB help/depth with the selection of Micah McFadden. Would be the Mike in Frazier's 4-3 as a backup or possible short-term replacement for Edmunds. Solid tackler, decent in zone coverage, and can get after the QB, if needed.

231 (Round 7): P Matt Araiza was still sitting there with the last pick so this was a no-brainer. I know he is being projected to go anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th by some pundits but he is still regularly available in the 6th and 7th Rounds in just about every mock draft I do over several sites. We're now ten days from the NFL Draft and this has not changed.

Anyway, that was my thinking with the choices for this particular mock.

Glad to know I’m not the only one crushing on Woods. He’s got everything to be the best TE out of this draft imo. If he puts it all together or not is the question. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.