Anyone see UB basketball's new unis?

PromoTheRobot

I like the color; do not like the cursive script for "Buffalo"...looks like the font from a bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, and that's not a good thing.

Also, choosing a silhouette of a downtown skyline as the logo is kind of ridiculous.  That doesn't represent Buffalo or WNY at all.

Absolutely nothing about Buffalo says "large metropolitan city."

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I like the color; do not like the cursive script for "Buffalo"...looks like the font from a bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, and that's not a good thing.

Also, choosing a silhouette of a downtown skyline as the logo is kind of ridiculous.  That doesn't represent Buffalo or WNY at all.

Buffalo has a skyline. In fact City Hall and the Liberty Bank building have distinctive silhouettes that are uniquely Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Isnt that Buffalo's skyline? How does Buffalo's skyline not represent Buffalo?

• Agree 1

On 2/26/2022 at 10:24 AM, Nextmanup said:

What?  The silhouette IS the Buffalo skyline.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/26/2022 at 2:09 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo has a skyline. In fact City Hall and the Liberty Bank building have distinctive silhouettes that are uniquely Buffalo.

I can remember a very similar skyline silhouette on the front cover of 'The Buffalo Evening News Almanac and Fact Book', way back in the 1960s.  Before the Marine Midland Center and Main Place were built.

4 hours ago, UConn James said:

I mean… why is everything so shifted down? A wordmark should be on the chest - pectoral area, not the stomach. Forces the numbers down to the gut regions. 

To make room for the skyline outline.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.