KC Chiefs Kingdom Article: Eric Bieniemy Ruined the AFCC

14 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

The uniformity of the narrative presented (ZERO concession or complexity), and the absolute lack of concrete attribution for ALL evidence submitted, adds up to a polemic hit-piece that reads more like a conspiracy theory than the whistle-blowing reportage it wants us to see.

Maybe the unnamed authors are on to something, but this published compilation of hearsay, conjecture, and innuendo isn't a convincing presentation.

*placing the dictionary and thesaurus back on my desk*

I concur.

Intelligent response. I think we're all a bit smarter for having read it.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The story has apparently been "deleted by author".

However it has been copied here, if folks insist.  Click on the "spoiler" button

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?s=60f98814f0882458c4b46e4e5dcd0abb&p=16149947&postcount=278

To me it reads on a par with some of the Good People on this board who insist on bizarro world "grudge" ideas for McDermott refusing to let various offensive players play (or play more): Bates, McKenzie and other fine conspiracy-based theories

One of my favorite quotes:

I read that, and I see it as highly complimentary.  I imagine Bills players and coaches saying very similar things about Josh.  He may be "Big Goofy" or "Big Kid" (Dawkins, Feliciano) off the field, but they all say he is super-competitive about anything there is to be competitive about, be it basketball or table tennis or of course, Football.   They don't use the word "prick" in public, but probably would in private where those kind of insults can be "love talk" between friends along with "#######" "*****" "*****" or whatever the vocabulary of choice in that circle may be.

THE AUTHOR OF THIS ARTICLE SEES THE ABOVE QUOTE AS NEGATIVE!!!!!

There's nothing playful or joking about that quote, but you have to have a bizarro conspiracy mindset to view it as an expression of dislike.

I agree about the quote. When you have to manufacture drama to prove your point you never had credibility to begin with.

19 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The best part to me is the "headset conversation". 

Reid: “No, run this”

Bieniemy: “What the f---.”

Kafka: “We’re blowing this game.”

Mahomes: “Call the f------ play or I will.”

So, for some reason EB...who lives right next to Andy on the sideline had to have this exchange over a headset. And Kafka had to chime in for....reasons. Then the best part....somehow some way Mahomes was on the headset....didn't think the QB had a mic in the helmet to communicate back. And then the writer of the article I guess heard it and could report verbatim what was said. Maybe he picked up the conversation on his police scanner? Not sure. 

Yea the QB headset does not have a mic. 

4 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Mahomes played terrible in the second half,  period the end.

Actually made me mad, why couldn't he implode against the Bills? Instead Burrow gets all the credit for doing nothing special.

And suddenly the Bengal defense is the '85 Bears too. The same people who criticise the Bills D for being cautious laud the Bengals for dropping 8 in coverage. I give the Bengals some credit for trying something different but the reality is Mahomes imploded. 

23 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Nothing more than a Hit piece. 

1.  His criminal background is an issue 

2.  Unlike this Hit piece wants to claim this is Andy Reid’s offense and calling. 
3.  Getting out of the Shadow of Reid can be difficult on the offensive side. 
4.  Also right wrong or indifferent Daboll gets credit for Josh’s development. Bienemy doesn’t it was Reid with Mahomes 

3. Getting out of Reid's ACTUAL shadow must be difficult. Period. 

• Haha (+1) 5

8 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Mahomes played terrible in the second half,  period the end.

Actually made me mad, why couldn't he implode against the Bills? Instead Burrow gets all the credit for doing nothing special.

P.S. yes I'm still bitter about the game.

Mahomes owns the Bills in playoff games (at least so far in his career).   No signs of implosion against the Buffalo D. 

I feel like 2020 we shoulda beaten them as well.  Mahomes had a bad ankle in that game and KC had some injury issues.  

Bills D has just been a huge disappointment in both Arrowhead losses.  

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He has been pointed at as an example, "why isn't this guy getting more looks, why ISN'T he the hot coordinator?"

It turns out there are several reasons, starting with a "rap sheet" as a college and NFL player and then young coach.  "That was Then, This is Now", but some of that stuff would honestly make a conservative owner give his candidacy a "side eye" unless he were being widely hailed as an offensive genius.....

....about that, there's a general perception that Reid is the main driving force behind the KC offense.  It may be true, it may not be true... and if it is, it begs the question why anyone who has ever had a cup of coffee with McVay or Kyle Shanahan gets the jobs

Then there's the failure of Matt Nagy in Chicago

Or there could be some other factor at play (which has entire other threads devoted to it)

Yeah, it seems obvious. His name is always mentioned, but ne never gets to that "serious" consideration level. There are flaws, probably a combibation of all the things you mention. I don't know him, so this is not fair, but the original article of this thrread basically is saying he is just not a very nice or people-skills smart human being. All the other issues could be overcome if you have the personality and social (emotional) intelligence to handle them well. Apparently, he does not.

On 2/17/2022 at 1:20 AM, Best Williams Available said:

https://ckedboard.medium.com/how-a-season-long-rift-between-patrick-mahomes-and-eric-bieniemy-ruined-the-afc-championship-35481f116513

This makes me happy (most of us) aren’t crazy and too high on our ourselves or our imaginary sway with OBD.

i think this is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt by some super fans to blame Bieniemy to get him fired. The first third to half provides “context and insight” and tries to prove insider info, but comes off as reaching, unbelievable, and tin foil hat crazy to me. Sure some of these things may have happened, but it affected Pat so much he was unable to throw a football for two halves?

Anyway, relish in another teams misery.

Disappointed fans like to find scapegoats.   We've seen the same BS here vis-a-vis blaming Leslie Frazier for the Bills loss to KC.  Some people simply don't "get it" that getting to the Super Bowl, much less winning it, has a lot to do with luck.  Sometimes that's flukey plays, sometimes key injuries, sometimes mistakes, and sometimes it's just somebody coming up with a perfect game plan or a perfect play that's executed perfectly (ie, the Philly Special).

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It says article removed by author when I click the link 

Guessing the Chiefs and/or NFL saw to that.  Regardless of its veracity of its facts or conclusions, it was not flattering.  No way do they want something like this getting wide spread exposure.  Gotta protect the shield. 

It was an interesting read but I’m skeptical about some of the claims. It seems like more of a hit piece against Bienemy than anything else.

Like Bienemy not taking any player feedback and calling plays without input.

We literally saw the players have input on the play calling in that Travis Kelce mic-ed up video against the Bills in the playoffs. Kelce gave coaches input on the sidelines + Mahomes out on the field and it resulted in the chiefs tying the game with 13 seconds left.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It was an interesting read but I’m skeptical about some of the claims. It seems like more of a hit piece against Bienemy than anything else.

Like Bienemy not taking any player feedback and calling plays without input.

We literally saw the players have input on the play calling in that Travis Kelce mic-ed up video against the Bills in the playoffs. Kelce gave coaches input on the sidelines + Mahomes out on the field and it resulted in the chiefs tying the game with 13 seconds left.

image.thumb.jpeg.1f120677b4c9e635952be86ef49ee650.jpeg

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Yeah, it seems obvious. His name is always mentioned, but ne never gets to that "serious" consideration level. There are flaws, probably a combibation of all the things you mention. I don't know him, so this is not fair, but the original article of this thrread basically is saying he is just not a very nice or people-skills smart human being. All the other issues could be overcome if you have the personality and social (emotional) intelligence to handle them well. Apparently, he does not.

IF that's true it would beg the question has he been offered help to develop them?    Because just like other skills, social skills and emotional intelligence can be developed

Brian Daboll 100% improved his interview skills and changed how he came across during his time here.  Now maybe that reflects a change in how he dealt with players (Josh Allen's story of Daboll screaming in his helmet during practice his rookie season, screaming on the sideline, calming down then coming back 5 minutes later for Round 2).  And he got sent up to the box a week after screaming at Josh on the sidelines after a play.  He said himself, he would get too caught up in the last play and its results instead of moving on to the next play.

Dick Vermeil was noted for his people skills.  I met the son of his OL coach, who told us Vermeil encountered him in the locker room just after his dad was hired and and asked him by name how he and his family were settling in to (city where they bought a house), how his grade at Schoolname was going, whether he'd found people to (hobby) with yet?  He was blown away that Vermeil remembered all those details about the kids of his OL coach - but that was clearly SOP to Vermeil.  Said Vermeil required that level of people skills of his assistants and sent them to Dale Carnegie courses to help acquire them, which it would, if they took it seriously and practiced.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

It says article removed by author when I click the link 

There's another link to the article downthread.

Oh, here, let me make it easier

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?s=60f98814f0882458c4b46e4e5dcd0abb&p=16149947&postcount=278

Click "spoiler"

This is exactly to @Ridgewaycynic2013 that things can not be un-published on the internet.  Once it's out, it's out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.