Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not.  A.  Chance

Why would you hire a guy with the idea that he would be done after one season?  I can understand frustration with the defense based upon the way our season ended, but I really don’t get the hate for a top rated defense. They were not perfect, but they were pretty darn good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why would you hire a guy with the idea that he would be done after one season?  I can understand frustration with the defense based upon the way our season ended, but I really don’t get the hate for a top rated defense. They were not perfect, but they were pretty darn good. 

They weren't good enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Just now, Augie said:

The idea that the Bills would kick a guy who has worked his ass off for 5 years to the curb in favor of a hotheaded young punk who is suing the league and several teams and just trashed a fellow Black coach in public by implying he couldn’t possibly be preferred for any professional traits ……all I’d be able to say would be “process….I do not think that word means what I think it means”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

They weren't good enough.

My advice: Stop whining. They lost. They made mistakes late in the KC game. It was awful, but I’ll take them coming back next year and hope they learn from the mistakes. In the end…..only ONE TEAM is “good enough”.  I’ll take what we have over some over-reactionary thing we paste together. ESPECIALLY if people want a DC who is only expected to stay one year. I can’t accept being that short sighted. 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 3

Just now, Augie said:

Stop whining. They lost. They made mistakes late in the KC game. It was awful, but I’ll take them coming back next year and hope they learn from the mistakes. In the end…..only ONE TEAM is “good enough”.  I’ll take what we have over some over-reactionary thing we paste together. ESPECIALLY if people want a DC who is only expected to stay one year. I can’t accept being that short sighted. 

Our front 7 other than Oliver and Milano are all replacement level players and the entire defense crumbled against elite talent (Henry, Taylor, Mahomes). We played some piss poor QBs and offenses in the regular season to pad the stats. This defense needs a ton of work if they want to be championship level. Pretty darn good isnt good enough

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Dolphins want us to believe that Flores had poor relationships and didn't work well with others? 

I can't see it.

Would make sense but not all those reports came after he was fired. Seems Flores had issues with people throughout the organization including their QB they wanted to build around. 

Edited by billieve420

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Our front 7 other than Oliver and Milano are all replacement level players and the entire defense crumbled against elite talent (Henry, Taylor, Mahomes). We played some piss poor QBs and offenses in the regular season to pad the stats. This defense needs a ton of work if they want to be championship level. Pretty darn good isnt good enough

There is always room for improvement, even for the top rated defense in the league. 

Were you always first in your class? I doubt it. The Bills had the top rated defense in the NFL. Things went sideways, I get it. Every team can get better, that is not a newsflash. That is stating the obvious. 

EDIT: If our players are only ordinary, according to you, even MORE credit should be given to the coaching and scheme. I think you are only  hurting your argument. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I dont want Flores. The post said our defense was “pretty darn good”. I actually forgot this was a Flores thread. I guess im the #######

You came into a sub thread suggesting we kick Frazier to the curb and hire Flores for a year as a solution to “not good enough”

I think your take that there needs to be an upgrade in talent is closer to a reasonable take

There are other thoughts but if the question is “what will lift us the final distance?” I don’t think Brian Flores is the answer

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

Missing their all pro corner too 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Would make sense but not all those reports came after he was fired. Seems Flores had issues with people throughout the organization including their QB they wanted to build around. 

I know, I was being sarcastic!  It seems like Flores has an issue with everyone.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What does any of that have to do with winning?  

So let me see, Flores, the guy you are suggesting to replace Frazier:

Has none of those qualities the poster mentioned (Loyal, caring, patience, humble)

Is currently unemployed after being fired with a losing record

Didn't make the playoffs in 3 years as a head coach

In the two games he played over the last two years where a win would have resulted in a playoff berth, his defenses gave up 90 points (45 point) average 

Against top 15 scoring offenses over the last two years, his defenses were regularly beaten like they were victims of Alvin Kamara

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Being someone that has followed the growth of stats in baseball and other sports I find the misuse of the term below especially annoying! 

Replacement level is simply the level of production you could get from a player that would cost you nothing but the league minimum salary to acquire. The concept is pretty tidy. These are the players that are freely available and if five of your NFL level players came down with the flu, you could go out and acquire replacement level players without really giving up anything you value other than their union mandated payday.

In other words, if you had no one on your roster  and just needed to populate a team, you’re generally signing replacement level players. -summarized from FanGraphs

I've seen this term thrown around on here a lot to reference anyone you don't think is good enough, average,  are pissed at and thnk is overpaid or actually a pretty good player and you don't know what you're talking about......etc. When in reality if you are deemed a starter in the NFL, especially for a quality team, you are likely not a replacement level player.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.