Cincy squib kick before halftime - an FU to Buffalo???? As per Bill Simmons

Billsfan1972

Yeah, let's squib kick to piss off a dangerous team that we happen to play next year in a move that does not benefit us in the least.

Kinda thinking no...

On 2/1/2022 at 3:27 PM, NewEra said:

Just another reason why I can’t stand BS.  He has the perfect initials. We’ll done BS mom

Hey!  My RL initials are BS...well, they are BS, and I consider it BS, but...hell...you know what I mean! 😒

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/1/2022 at 4:46 PM, Codyny13 said:

Jesus H. What the hell goes on. These topics get worse by the day.

Feel free to start some better topics any time you like

19 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wallace was supposed to have inside leverage and he played outside. Major screw up there that didn’t help. 

You know this how?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Indubitably.  But why do you believe it was Wallace mistake and not the play call?

I don’t, that was boatdrinks that said that. Idk of he meant it was Levi who went rogue or a bad call by Frazier…I gotta believe it was the latter.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:45 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

Really was no need for it as there was plenty of time and every other kick Cincy made was through the endzone.  

Know this was brought up on Sunday (and then merged with other gameday topics), but just was listening to the Bill Simmons podcast and that is how he referred to the squib kick as.....  A FU to Buffalo.  

BTW it took up 5 seconds and returned to the 19 yards line.

Yep not over it......😜

I’ll go a step further…I felt when Burrow called “HEADS” that was a huge shot to Josh Allen… he said it with so much conviction….Like Josh should have called heads. It was like the Bengals tried to do the opposite of whatever the Bills did a week prior 🤔🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I’ll go a step further…I felt when Burrow called “HEADS” that was a huge shot to Josh Allen… he said it with so much conviction….Like Josh should have called heads. It was like the Bengals tried to do the opposite of whatever the Bills did a week prior 🤔🤔

Wow. I was going to post that Simmons is an idiot to believe the Bengals were thinking about the Bills when they're preparing for the Chiefs...and then I read this. You, sir, take the cake.

13 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Wow. I was going to post that Simmons is an idiot to believe the Bengals were thinking about the Bills when they're preparing for the Chiefs...and then I read this. You, sir, take the cake.

Is that faux obtuseness, or are you just upping the ante on Scorp83's sarcasm?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, Boatdrinks said:

I agree with the first statement The game wasn’t lost on the kickoff “ miscommunication.” Can’t agree with the second part though. The Bills absolutely could have ( and should have ) executed a sensible plan to close out the final 00:13. KC simply took what the Bills gave them ,which was the game. 

Was listening the other day to NFL radio, ex coach was talking about the end of Bills, Cowboys, and KC game.  He commented that in today's NFL with such limited practice time, it's hard to practice these uncommon situations.   Like what to do with only 13 seconds to need to hold out of field goal range so went into more deep prevent to stop TD. Likely Hill scoring on last possession from 63 yards was it didn't help.  Or not realizing you can't call a running play with 14 seconds left in Dallas game   Analytics should take care of it, but in heat of moment maybe not.

He also said one time in a game he was behind with about same time left, defense put 13 players on field to stop play took 5 yard penalty, but stopped completion.  Not sure if that would fall under the Unsportsmanlike Conduct rules and add on 15 more??

On 2/1/2022 at 1:45 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

Really was no need for it as there was plenty of time and every other kick Cincy made was through the endzone.  

Know this was brought up on Sunday (and then merged with other gameday topics), but just was listening to the Bill Simmons podcast and that is how he referred to the squib kick as.....  A FU to Buffalo.  

BTW it took up 5 seconds and returned to the 19 yards line.

Yep not over it......😜

I mean, if it was returned to the 19 yard line would that not explain exactly why they did it? 

Obviously it was something they felt good about at practice. Special teams get paid for a reason too. They don’t just go out there hoping for the best and thinking up ways to embarrass  teams that are no longer playing football games. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

Why I posted it was because the Bengals did the right thing during a similar situation (little time left and trying to create a longer field).

Of course it was not an FU (sarcasm is lacking on TSW).

Not sure why so many were watching the game Sunday and posting here on the game thread.  I watched 5-10 mins, and would not be posting on a Bills fansite to talk about it.😜

The Squibb kick talk was on about p.15 (I had to check yesterday).  Of course everyone commented that "look it is the right call and surprise of surprise it worked".

So yes should have had it's own thread (the one's put up Sunday were merged into the Game Thread), and thus I started one using Bill Simmons' comment, which was humorous (if it still doesn't sting us Bills fans).

Edited by Billsfan1972

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.