Thoughts on draft

John from Riverside

5 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

Did you guys know there's a LB from Arkansas named Bumper Pool, holy ***** I'd kill my parents.

(5 mins later)

Ahh that must be why he hits like he wants to break you. Stop making fun of my name!!!!

Draft anyone named Sue

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Zion Johnson

IOL,

John Metchie III

WR,

Breece Hall

RB,

Otito Ogbonnia

IDL,

Josh Thompson

CB,

Reed Blankenship

S,

Juanyeh Thomas

S,

Zyon McCollum

CB,

Nick Ford

IOL,

Like Metchie in the 2nd. Tyreek Hill comp sign me up. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/john-metchie-iii

Trent McDuffie

CB Washington

Breece Hall

RB Iowa State

Alec Lindstrom

OC Boston College

Jalyn Armour-Davis

CB Alabama

Justin Shaffer

OG Georgia

James Mitchell

TE Virginia Tech

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

Kana'i Mauga

LB USC

Kyler McMichael

25: R1 P25 G Zion Johnson - Boston College

57: R2 P25 WR John Metchie - Alabama

89: R3 P25 CB Josh Jobe - Alabama

129: R4 P25 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State

168: R5 P25 RB Hassan Haskins - Michigan

184: R6 P6 DL Haskell Garrett - Ohio State

202: R6 P24 P Matt Araiza - San Diego State

229: R7 P10 CB Josh Thompson - Texas

244: R7 P25 S Yusuf Corker - Kentucky

Draft needs :

1st Round (Linderbaum (C) or more likely McCreary (CB))

2nd round Middle linebacker (Chad Muma or Troy Andersen)

3rd round - Tariq Woolen (CB) or Smoke Monday (S)

4th round - Alec Lindstrom (C) or Dylan Parham (G)

5th round - Justin Schafer (G) or DJ Dale (DT)

6th round - Sincere McCormick (RB) or Markquese Bell (S)

7th round - Christian Watson (CB) or Charleston Rambo (WR)

7th round - A punter

Ok, so I’m a big fan of going CB in RD1 but for the sake of being a contrarian I decided to do a draft with the mindset that Buffalo addresses CB in FA.  I made a few trades, I went down and up a few spots RDs 2-4.

Tyler Linderbaum
OC Iowa
BUF

• Buffalo adds a star IOL with their first pick. Many folks have Linderbaum going in the teens, but he was somehow available at 25. Ultimately he would be a great replacement for Mitch Morse if he decides to retire and although I like Morse and I would keep him in Buffalo for as long as he is willing to stay, Linderbaum gives us depth at center and also he is a fantastic pulling guard while also being strong at the point of attack.

Wan'Dale Robinson
WR Kentucky
trade icon
BUF

• Wan’Dale Robinson will be a star slot WR at the next level. He is a mix between Cole Beasley and Tyreek Hill. This would greatly round out our WR room and would provide us with something that we don’t really have.

Zachary Carter
DT Florida
BUF

• Buffalo adds a starting quality DT. Although he is listed at 6’4 285, I think that he can easily add another 15-20lbs. He is more of a disrupter than he is a run stuffer, but he definitely has the chance to be a very good starter potentially.

Channing Tindall
LB Georgia
trade icon

• Buffalo adds an aggressive LB in the mold of London Fletcher. I think he is of great value here and at the very least we can clear some cap room by trading Edmunds or releasing Klein or Matakevich. He definitely has starter potential and gives us some hope for the LB position long term.

BUF

Jake Camarda
P Georgia

• Why not take the best punter in the draft? It’s clear that Matt can’t “Haack” it.

BUF

Marcus Jones
CB Houston

• Obviously CB is a weak unit for this Bills team, but this draft was done under the impression that Buffalo adds a corner or two in FA.

BUF

Jaylen Watson
CB Washington State

Same as above. Depth signings and STs players at this point. Another Levi Wallace type of player would be awesome.

27 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Ok, so I’m a big fan of going CB in RD1 but for the sake of being a contrarian I decided to do a draft with the mindset that Buffalo addresses CB in FA.  I made a few trades, I went down and up a few spots RDs 2-4.

Tyler Linderbaum
OC Iowa
BUF

• Buffalo adds a star IOL with their first pick. Many folks have Linderbaum going in the teens, but he was somehow available at 25. Ultimately he would be a great replacement for Mitch Morse if he decides to retire and although I like Morse and I would keep him in Buffalo for as long as he is willing to stay, Linderbaum gives us depth at center and also he is a fantastic pulling guard while also being strong at the point of attack.

Wan'Dale Robinson
WR Kentucky
trade icon
BUF

• Wan’Dale Robinson will be a star slot WR at the next level. He is a mix between Cole Beasley and Tyreek Hill. This would greatly round out our WR room and would provide us with something that we don’t really have.

Zachary Carter
DT Florida
BUF

• Buffalo adds a starting quality DT. Although he is listed at 6’4 285, I think that he can easily add another 15-20lbs. He is more of a disrupter than he is a run stuffer, but he definitely has the chance to be a very good starter potentially.

Channing Tindall
LB Georgia
trade icon

• Buffalo adds an aggressive LB in the mold of London Fletcher. I think he is of great value here and at the very least we can clear some cap room by trading Edmunds or releasing Klein or Matakevich. He definitely has starter potential and gives us some hope for the LB position long term.

BUF

Jake Camarda
P Georgia

• Why not take the best punter in the draft? It’s clear that Matt can’t “Haack” it.

BUF

Marcus Jones
CB Houston

• Obviously CB is a weak unit for this Bills team, but this draft was done under the impression that Buffalo adds a corner or two in FA.

BUF

Jaylen Watson
CB Washington State

Same as above. Depth signings and STs players at this point. Another Levi Wallace type of player would be awesome.

If Linderbaum is there at #25 would love pick. Don’t think he makes it to the Bills could see the Cardinals and Cowboys both picking him if he even drops that far.

Chad Reuter's three round mock on NFL.com gives the Bills

Round 1 - Andrew Booth, Corner, Clemson

Round 2 - Cam Thomas, Edge, San Diego State

Round 3 - Phidarian Mathis, Defensive Tackle, Alabama

While this is all defense and I do think the Bills need offensive linemen and wide receiver help, Booth is my dream scenario at #25, Thomas is a guy I have higher than a lot of other people (and he is perfect for our scheme) and Mathis was a beast at the Senior Bowl. 

In terms of offensive guys it would mean the Bills passing on if Reuter's mock played out...

Round 1:

Receiver: Chris Olave (who I like in round 1) is available as are George Pickens and Jahan Dotson (who I like less as round 1 guys);

Offensive Line: Both Kenyon Green and Zion Johnson (the top two guard prospects) are there but all the tackles worth consideration are off the board. 

In any event Booth would be my guy in this scenario. He would be sticking out on my board. I have him as a top 5 player in the class. 

Round 2: 

Receiver: Reuter leaves David Bell, Calvin Austin and John Metchie on the board to take Thomas. 

Offensive Line: Bernhard Raimann (Central Michigan) goes a few picks later to Kansas City and Daniel Faalele (Minnesota) and Nick Petit-Frere (Ohio State) both go inplausibly late in the 3rd based on where the early consensus seems to be. I still need to sort through where I am on some of these second tier tackles. 

My conclusion to be honest is that if the board fell as Reuter has it I would probably make the same pick he does (I know four edge in the top 2 rounds in the last 3 drafts, I get it) I just think he would be the BPA by my board my a distance. 

Round 3:

Wide Receiver: Christian Watson (North Dakota State) goes two picks later to Green Bay and Wan'Dale Robinson goes later still to the Kansas City Chiefs. Jalen Thomas (South Alabama) and Alec Pierce (Cincinnati) are still there too. 

Offensive Line: Reuter does have a run on OL in his mock so this is starting to thin out but Dylan Parham (Memphis) is a potential developmental center and Jaxson Kirkland (Washington) is still there at tackle. 

This is the round where I would probably diverge from Reuter if the rest of the draft fell as he has it. I'd go receiver at this spot. I liked Watson at the Senior Bowl and think he has the potential to be a solid #2 in the NFL. But I would probably veer toward Robinson who is a bit of a boom or bust gimmick player but he has that speed that the Bills O lacks... and in addition I do not want Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes getting their hands on him!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think they have to look at shoring up the Interior OL despite the improvement at the end of the year.  They need to move on from a lot of the pieces they had.  I think Kromer makes a big difference, but they need to keep the pipeline of talent in front of Josh.  That is the priority and where this team struggled during the season to find any consistency and it impacted the entire team.

I know people are pretty polarized on Edmunds.  He's a fine player, but not what we all hoped he'd be.  I doubt this will happen but I almost think that Defense would be better served to move him outside and play with 3 true LBs more frequently and find an option that provides a bit more playmaking ability at the MLB position.  I know Ray Lewis, Urlacher and Singletary aren't just waiting to be drafted, but the Defense Frazier runs is most successful when you have playmakers at every level up the spine of the Defense (DT, MLB and Strong Safety).  Standing pat with Milano and Edmunds at LB seems like wishful thinking to improve the Defense.  Milano is undersized against the run and Edmunds frequently gets lost in traffic.  I think this position is far more important than people think to this defense and is the difference between it being good and great.  I just don't think Edmunds is ever going to find the consistency and I don't think he'll be worth his market value come time to pay up.

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Why are you interested in another OT?  I think Spencer Brown will be fine opposite Dion Dawkins.

Because there is limited depth behind them. What happens if Brown has a sophomore slump? What happens if Dion struggles again as he did early this year? I am willing to give him the benefit of the covid doubt but I want to have a plan in place for either of those two things occurring. 

EDIT: And also because I am open to any way of improving the line. Even if that means moving Dawkins inside (either now or in time). 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Because there is limited depth behind them. What happens if Brown has a sophomore slump? What happens if Dion struggles again as he did early this year? I am willing to give him the benefit of the covid doubt but I want to have a plan in place for either of those two things occurring. 

EDIT: And also because I am open to any way of improving the line. Even if that means moving Dawkins inside (either now or in time). 

Don't forget we've got another monster at tackle, touchdown tommy Doyle.

Round 1 Pick 26: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: John Metchie, WR, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Brian Asamoah, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Nehemiah Pritchett, CB, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A)
Round 6 Pick 25: Josh Thompson, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Justin Shaffer, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA (A+)

Edited by ScorpionZero

9 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Don't forget we've got another monster at tackle, touchdown tommy Doyle.

Round 1 Pick 26: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: John Metchie, WR, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Brian Asamoah, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Nehemiah Pritchett, CB, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A)
Round 6 Pick 25: Josh Thompson, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Justin Shaffer, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA (A+)

I don't think Titans need another DT... they are just fine with Simmons :)

20 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

Draft needs :

1st Round (Linderbaum (C) or more likely McCreary (CB))

2nd round Middle linebacker (Chad Muma or Troy Andersen)

3rd round - Tariq Woolen (CB) or Smoke Monday (S)

4th round - Alec Lindstrom (C) or Dylan Parham (G)

5th round - Justin Schafer (G) or DJ Dale (DT)

6th round - Sincere McCormick (RB) or Markquese Bell (S)

7th round - Christian Watson (CB) or Charleston Rambo (WR)

7th round - A punter

I always love these rankings. Christian Watson is going in round 2 or 3 

Zion Johnson

OG Boston College

Roger McCreary

CB Auburn

John Metchie III

WR Alabama

Cade Mays

OG Tennessee

Hassan Haskins

RB Michigan

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

Peyton Hendershot

TE Indiana

Reed Blankenship

S Middle Tennessee

Isaac Taylor-Stuart

CB USC

FULL RESULTS

START NEW SIM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.