Jerry Jones starting to melt down

CorkScrewHill

Watching Hard Knocks with all that Jerry Jones footage, I couldn't help but notice that Jerry is getting TOO OLD to be doing the sort of stuff he is trying to do.

The situation in Dallas will probably get worse until he is gone and there is a regime change.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Not trashing them, just telling it how it really is, they are a over paid under performing team, and have been for several seasons, you know it, I know it, the objective football world knows it, go back several seasons and look at their record & lack of progress,  the team has plateaued, hence middling.   Sure they have individual talent, but that talent has under performed annually, and that is all on Jurah’s decision making . 

“Hater” what are you, a teenager? 😂

“Telling it like it is” is hard to do when you don’t even know how “it is.” Tell me more about their lack of playoffs lmao.

next you’re gonna complain about Tony Romo’s play this year.

Edited by FireChans
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Watching Hard Knocks with all that Jerry Jones footage, I couldn't help but notice that Jerry is getting TOO OLD to be doing the sort of stuff he is trying to do.

The situation in Dallas will probably get worse until he is gone and there is a regime change.

If by "gone" you mean dead, you are correct. You can pry the Cowboys from Jerry's cold dead hands. The only regime change happening is when Jerry passes away.

He's going to be like the Redskins owner Jack Kent Cooke, who clung to his team until the bitter end. (side note: death taxes forced the estate to sell the team to Snyder)

Statistically, at 79, Jerry has met average life expectancy, so he could go any day now.

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

“Telling it like it is” is hard to do when you don’t even know how “it is.” Tell me more about their lack of playoffs lmao.

next you’re gonna complain about Tony Romo’s play this year.

2-4 

4 minutes ago, major said:

Met someone today who used to work at the law firm that represented Jerry. When I mentioned him she said, “two of the biggest low life’s I’ve ever met were Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones”😂

Amazing they didn't get along.  Unless Jimmy took his girl back in the late 80's, early 90's.

Edited by The Wiz

24 minutes ago, major said:

Met someone today who used to work at the law firm that represented Jerry. When I mentioned him she said, “two of the biggest low life’s I’ve ever met were Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones”😂

Just to add to that opinion:  I know one of Troy Aikman’s high school coaches. Per this old coach, Troy went with Jones & Johnson to a postseason NFL function. Troy was in his early 20s at this time & Johnson & Jones were in their 40s.  They were both drinking a lot & were hitting on girls Troy’s age. Troy said he was embarrassed to be around them.  

Also, it was widely known Jimmy Johnson was going after coeds when he was the head coach at Oklahoma State. I had friends who saw this in bars around Stillwater.  Not cool for a married coach in a small college town. The two JJs were a lot alike, in a bad way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jerry Jones has handicapped the Cowboys ever since Jimmy Johnson left.  He's a horrible GM. As much as i hate the Dallas Cowboys,  if they had an actual NFL quality GM with the power to make proper decisions, they'd probably have more championships right now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.