[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

Well,from a previous episode,sheexplained that she had to kill some of the others because the island had changed them. I really don't think she is bad.

345369[/snapback]

And....she said they changed after "The Black Rock", which until last wek we all thought was a black rock. It's all adding up to a Treasure Island/Smuggler thing.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised no one has brought up Charlie and the drugs...he was eyeing them up pretty well at the airplane, and we saw the statue in his bag...now did he really take the drugs, or was that just there as another plot point to throw everyone off? (maybe an empty or broken statue)

and maybe, as someone else stated earlier, that the islandmay have some sort of cloaking device which hides the island from people so they can't discover it. Remember the guys on the raft said "I wonder why no one has found this island, it's so big." The cloaking device would tie in with the technology tocreate holograms too.

I'm surprised no one has brought up Charlie and the drugs...he was eyeing them up pretty well at the airplane, and we saw the statue in his bag...now did he really take the drugs, or was that just there as another plot point to throw everyone off? (maybe an empty or broken statue)

345392[/snapback]

I think his addictiongot the better of him. I doubt he'd take an empty one! :blink: He just couldn't turn it down.

I think his addictiongot the better of him. I doubt he'd take an empty one!  :blink:  He just couldn't turn it down.

345394[/snapback]

thats what i think, but with these writers, you never know...also, is locke the only one on the island that knows of charlie's past addiction and the fact he had drugs on the island...i think so...

thats what i think, but with these writers, you never know...also, is locke the only one on the island that knows of charlie's past addiction and the fact he had drugs on the island...i think so...

345398[/snapback]

I think so, is he the one he told about it and said that he's off it now?

Okay, a couple of things here.

Anybody else see the numbers of the soccer team in the airport. You guessed it.

Hurley would NOT be flying coach.

Think there is some meaning to Sawyer singing Redemption Song. Fits with the whole premice of the show, as well as a lot of the speculation about the hatch, the others, the Black Rock, Supernatural forces etc.

Here are the lyrics

Old pirates, yes, they rob I;

Sold I to the merchant ships,

Minutes after they took I

From the bottomless pit.

But my hand was made strong

By the 'and of the Almighty.

We forward in this generation

Triumphantly.

Won't you help to sing

These songs of freedom? -

'Cause all I ever have:

Redemption songs;

Redemption songs.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.

Have no fear for atomic energy,

'Cause none of them can stop the time.

How long shall they kill our prophets,

While we stand aside and look? Ooh!

Some say it's just a part of it:

We've got to fulfil de book.

i really don't know what came over me, I figured the jolt i got after arzt blew up would keep me awake for weeks, but come 9PM, I was out freaking cold, and not a drop of alkyhall at all! I was pissed!

Pooj. You completely and utterly disappoint, man. Completely and utterly.

345401[/snapback]

345392[/snapback]

I'm very much hoping that he did not take the H...just the statue. His fall prey to his addiction would be somewhat predictable, and this show is def not predictable. Maybe he brought just the statue for Claire?

Think there is some meaning to Sawyer singing Redemption Song. Fits with the whole premice of the show, as well as a lot of the speculation about the hatch, the others, the Black Rock, Supernatural forces etc.

Here are the lyrics

From the bottomless pit.

Triumphantly.

Won't you help to sing

'Cause all I ever have:

Redemption songs;

Redemption songs.

345404[/snapback]

great call on the numbers of the soccer team, i didnt catch that...but hurley did run down the hall which had gates 23-42, and his plane left at gate 23, also the guy turned in kate for 23K, and hurley won 160,000,000 (16)...the numbers are the real secret behind the show...crack the numbers, and you've cracked the secret...

345398[/snapback]

No...didn't Jack recognize Charlie's signs of withdrawl?

Here are the lyrics

From the bottomless pit.

Triumphantly.

Won't you help to sing

'Cause all I ever have:

Redemption songs;

Redemption songs.

345404[/snapback]

Thanks for posting the lyrics...you certainly can draw a lot of parallels with whats been going on. Atomic energy...?

i really don't know what came over me, I figured the jolt i got after arzt blew up would keep me awake for weeks, but come 9PM, I was out freaking cold, and not a drop of alkyhall at all!  I was pissed!

345406[/snapback]

I, on the other hand, missed the first hour. The 2nd didn't make much sense and I am having a difficult time recalling what happened.

At the time that the show started, I was finishing up hour 9 of a 14 hour drinking binge. :blink:

No...didn't Jack recognize Charlie's signs of withdrawl?

345413[/snapback]

Yes, Jack knows about Charlie as well as Locke.

Also, I just watched the Jimmy Kimmel show (Tivoed) and picked up on a small thing that I missed (maybe others caught it).

In the episode w/ Sawyer's backstory, he was fooling around with a chick in a hotel room...turns out she is the woman who pulled the lottery balls when Hurley won the money.

They pointed it out on Kimmel because the woman was Michael's wife in real life.

Just found it interesting.

Did anyone see the "secret scene" on GMA this morning?  Was there anything to it?  Or was it just fluff?

345435[/snapback]

I saw it. It was fluff. There was a reason it was cut.

It was a scene with Clarie and Charlie and she revealed why she never named the baby...it was because she knew the "others" would come back for it.

It was maybe 2 min long.

I saw a mistake in this episode. When Walt was playing his GAMEBOY, I recognized the game. It was Cabelas Big Game Hunter 2005, but the music for the game was Pac Man. I was disappointed. Oh well, great show.

345392[/snapback]

Locke will see the statue at some point in time and know that Charlie took the heroin. Locke is the only one who knew Charlie's addiction, and knew that there was heroin in the statues.

I don't remember if Jack knew it was heroin. I think he just knew that Charlie was going through withdrawal.