[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

The more and more I think and read (here) about this, the more I think the island may be a remanant of a world that, in the words of Stephen King's Gunslinger, has "moved on." That would support the nuclear shelter theory.

I also like FanfromAlbany's observation about the rope around Locke's ankle. I saw the same thing, and you're right, it probably is more like a snare trap than the monster itself.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked to me like the one Locke was standing next to was pulled up rather than down...

345288[/snapback]

It looked like the trees were blown out of the ground. Maybe some high compressed air system that's part of the security system.

It looked like the trees were blown out of the ground.  Maybe some high compressed air system that's part of the security system.

345295[/snapback]

See, I thought that was the invisible beast's footfalls.

The more and more I think and read (here) about this, the more I think the island may be a remanant of a world that, in the words of Stephen King's Gunslinger, has "moved on."  That would support the nuclear shelter theory.

345292[/snapback]

Well I hope Lost can find a way to end the story better than Gunslinger.

I really think this show cannot be on more than 4 seasons. After that, resolution will be past due.

Well I hope Lost can find a way to end the story better than Gunslinger.

I really think this show cannot be on more than 4 seasons. After that, resolution will be past due.

345298[/snapback]

First...I too was a bit disappointed in the ending to the Gunslinger.

Second...the creators of the show have indicated that the story has been written to last three seasons.

First...I too was a bit disappointed in the ending to the Gunslinger.

Second...the creators of the show have indicated that the story has been written to last three seasons.

345303[/snapback]

He told you if you read on you would be disappointed. I rather liked it. It was a much more interesting ending than "the world was righted, and they all lived happily ever after"....

They looked at a lot of stuff no one else saw.

Fat guy sweated ( how does he stay so fat with the island diet)

Tank top girl manages to keep her pits shaved

Guys on boat take kid for some unknown reason.

The End.

He told you if you read on you would be disappointed. I rather liked it. It was a much more interesting ending than "the world was righted, and they all lived happily ever after"....

345319[/snapback]

Oh, I agree. And you're right...I didn't heed his warning about reading on. I guess I thought I was going to be a bit more bizarre than that. Still some seriously great reading though.

Tank top girl manages to keep her pits shaved

345321[/snapback]

Not to mention crazy French chick that has lived on the island like an animal for well over a decade, yet has managed to keep her pits shaved. AND SHE'S FRENCH! It's acceptable over there. But still a no-no for American TV apparently.

They are going to play this show like St Elsewhere??

Anyone remember how that ended. It was all a made up story by a mentally challenged kid.

I think the little Black kid is asleep on the plane and dreaming the whole thing.

They are going to play this show like St Elsewhere??

Anyone remember how that ended. It was all a made up story by a mentally challenged kid.

I think the little Black kid is asleep on the plane and dreaming the whole thing.

345355[/snapback]

That possibility has been discussed here...I just don't think any of us want to believe that it could just be a dream. :blink:

Ok, wow... so much to say. Need to plan out this post. But the first thing I wanted to say was that the monster appears to be formless, a black cloud that can grab things at its will. I really dont think it has a shape, but has taken shapes in the past, and will continue to do so. Also, Danielle did not start the fire for the black smoke. The others started it, and Danielle was fooled like the rest to prepare for the others. She thought that by taking the baby, she could trade it for Alex. She's a victim like the rest.

345209[/snapback]

I don't think that was black smoke. I think it was remnants of a hollogram that dissapated after the dynamite went off. The explosion ruined the hollogram and it shorted out or something. The thing that pulled Locke in the hole was a seperate thing IMHO.

Another idea I had in addition to those quoted above (assuming the above are correct) is that Danielle may have either been: 1) banished from the "Others" or the underground people; 2) like the survivors and caught inbetween the battle between the underground people and the "Others;" or 3) she is playing stupid and is really a leader of one of teh groups.

345215[/snapback]

Well, from a previous episode, she explained that she had to kill some of the others because the island had changed them. I really don't think she is bad.

That possibility has been discussed here...I just don't think any of us want to believe that it could just be a dream.  :blink:

345360[/snapback]

The producer stated in an interview that "it's not a dream, or aliens from another planet or anything like that."

Well,from a previous episode,sheexplained that she had to kill some of the others because the island had changed them. I really don't think she is bad.

345369[/snapback]

Exactly. They were there for research, found something of value, and fought each other over it. The "others" are the greedy bastards that won, and are trying to get the thing of value (which is undergraound) off the island.