[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

I am really psyched about getting into the last few weeks of this show. I think things are really going to get freaky from this point forward.

Just wanted to remind everyone to watch tonight (like you needed it!). :doh:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really psyched about getting into the last few weeks of this show.  I think things are really going to get freaky from this point forward.

Just wanted to remind everyone to watch tonight (like you needed it!).  :doh:

327882[/snapback]

Hey, check out Revelations also- it's pretty good

I'm pumped up. Been getting caught up with the episodes that I missed/forgot by downloading them via bit torrent.

I plan my store's schedule around this show, to ensure that I am home at 8pm on Wednesday.

By the way, anyone else agree that this is going to be a very desirable DVD box set when Season one is released?

I am really psyched about getting into the last few weeks of this show.  I think things are really going to get freaky from this point forward.

Just wanted to remind everyone to watch tonight (like you needed it!).  :doh:

327882[/snapback]

You know damn well that the show is going to suck us in, reveal some mysteries and then have us shocked by a bigger mystery which we'll have to wait until fall to be revealed.

You know damn well that the show is going to suck us in, reveal some mysteries and then have us shocked by a bigger mystery which we'll have to wait until fall to be revealed.

328201[/snapback]

Yes, and it pisses me off. But, I'll continue being a tool for the man and will lose sleep over trying to find the hidden meanings of this television show.

I'm pumped up. Been getting caught up with the episodes that I missed/forgot by downloading them via bit torrent.

I plan my store's schedule around this show, to ensure that I am home at 8pm on Wednesday.

By the way, anyone else agree that this is going to be a very desirable DVD box set when Season one is released?

328155[/snapback]

You can already pre-order the DVD set, which is going to be released in September (right before season 2 begins, I imagine). Pretty good price too.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...2204632-4606443

You can already pre-order the DVD set, which is going to be released in September (right before season 2 begins, I imagine).  Pretty good price too.

328243[/snapback]

Thanks for the link. I placed my order just now. Too bad you don't get a commision on that.

Happy Lost Day everyone.

Thanks for the link.  I placed my order just now.  Too bad you don't get a commision on that.

Happy Lost Day everyone.

328351[/snapback]

My commission is being able to share with my fellow Lost-Wallers. :blink:

I'm rewatching episodes - just watched Ep. 13.

There is no doubt in my mind that the survivors are going to split up - half with Locke, half with Jack.

Locke made a comment, when Boone wanted to go after Sayid for "flirting" with Shannon, about how "we'll need him on our side".

Also, there was some foreshadowing when Charlie told Jack "no offense, but there is no one on this island that I trust more to get us off than John Locke"

Over an hour has past an no one has commented on tonight's episode? Man, the board is slipping!

I'm glad they got the Locke issue (from the preview) out of the way. I am back to my "no preview" stance though because it did ruin the episode somewhat.

I thought it was a good episode tonight. A lot to chew on, especially with Syiad. I thought the backstory parrelled with the episode very nicely as well.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

They never told us why Locke knocked out Sayid. But I think its interesting that they agree that Locke is the best bet to get them off the island.

328804[/snapback]

Locke explained why (if we are to believe him at least). He felt going to a place where the woman was transmitting about people being killed by the "others" was not a safe place to lead the survivors.

Personally I think he did it because he didn't want to leave the island. He said as much to Walt in a later episode. But...maybe it was a half truth?

What I can't remember is whether Locke knocked Syiad out before or after seeing the 'monster'. If it was after then I would go with the theory that Locke just didn't want to get off the island. If it was before, then I would be more willing to buy Locke's excuse. But that's just me.

What I can't remember is whether Locke knocked Syiad out before or after seeing the 'monster'. If it was after then I would go with the theory that Locke just didn't want to get off the island. If it was before, then I would be more willing to buy Locke's excuse. But that's just me.

328807[/snapback]

It was def after he saw the "monster."

And I just needed a little time to digest tonights episode. I thought it was a good one...priceless scene was Sawyer wearing those glasses and reading to the baby.

It does seem like the Locke issue may be somewhat resolved, though I think we will see Shannon go after Locke again in some way.

tgreg...no preview discussion since you didn't see it? Didn't seem like any potential spoilers...just foder for discussion.

Locke explained why (if we are to believe him at least). He felt going to a place where the woman was transmitting about people being killed by the "others" was not a safe place to lead the survivors.

Personally I think he did it because he didn't want to leave the island. He said as much to Walt in a later episode. But...maybe it was a half truth?

328807[/snapback]

There's gotta be more than just the explanation of "thats no place you want to go." And I think Walt has alot more to play in this. Anyone notice the look he gave Locke?

There's gotta be more than just the explanation of "thats no place you want to go." And I think Walt has alot more to play in this. Anyone notice the look he gave Locke?

328838[/snapback]

Yeah, and in the preview you see Walt getting involved with the hatch issue...should be interesting. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if Walt is continually aware of what is going on...he seems to be an clued in as Locke.

It was def after he saw the "monster."

And I just needed a little time to digest tonights episode.  I thought it was a good one...priceless scene was Sawyer wearing those glasses and reading to the baby.

It does seem like the Locke issue may be somewhat resolved, though I think we will see Shannon go after Locke again in some way.

tgreg...no preview discussion since you didn't see it?  Didn't seem like any potential spoilers...just foder for discussion.

328837[/snapback]

I did see tonight's previews and agree they didn't give much away. I was trying to run out of the room but my girlfriend held me down:) Next week for SURE I am starting though. lol

I agree with you though, it was a good episode.

About the previews (I'll put in yellow in case others don't watch them)

The only thing I found interesting was Walt's insistance on not openning the hatch. I wonder what he knows...what I am waiting for is when Hurley discovers his numbers on the hatch (we know that has to come at somepoint). I could see the camp splitting over openning the hatch, but I am not sure where that subplot is going.

OK...this idea just hit me...

What if the hatch issue divides the survivors...but it becomes Locke and some others vs. WALT and the rest of the group. I'm wondering if the look that Walt gave Locke was a prelude to a divide forming between those two, and with Walt having his "powers," the island starts working on the survivors through him. Hmmm...

OK...this idea just hit me...

What if the hatch issue divides the survivors...but it becomes Locke and some others vs. WALT and the rest of the group.  I'm wondering if the look that Walt gave Locke was a prelude to a divide forming between those two, and with Walt having his "powers," the island starts working on the survivors through him.  Hmmm...

328854[/snapback]

Good idea. Certainly could be the case. After all Walt really only trusts Locke and visa versa (based on their past conversations). And it fits with the Backgammon theme too (Walt always playing Locke...two sides...master vs teach....white vs black --not racially but more good vs evil).

There are a lot of ways they could take that. I am not sure that's how it will go, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Another thing I was thinking while watching the previews for next week was maybe walt represent the contingent that wants to leave the island and locke represents those who want to stay and find out about the island. A nice little divide?

Another thing I was thinking while watching the previews for next week was maybe walt represent the contingent that wants to leave the island and locke represents those who want to stay and find out about the island. A nice little divide?

328876[/snapback]

Don't forget that Walt burned up the 1st raft though. He told Locke he liked it on the island. And in last night's episode he kept asking his father questions about the 2nd raft they're building.

When rafters leave the island, they will discover that Johanna did not drown and is still alive. Proably being held in underwater complex by the reef.

interesting foreshadowing by Locke bringing her name up.

When rafters leave the island, they will discover that Johanna did not drown and is still alive. Proably being held in underwater complex by the reef.

interesting foreshadowing by Locke bringing her name up.

329010[/snapback]

Wow...I think that's kind of a reach, but with this show, you never know.

Don't forget that Walt burned up the 1st raft though. He told Locke he liked it on the island. And in last night's episode he kept asking his father questions about the 2nd raft they're building.

328951[/snapback]

True...though his questions did seem reasonable given the fact that he's expected to be one of the passengers.

I agree that Walt does not want to leave the island. Is the island going to use him to keep Sayid, Jack, Sawyer and the others from getting into the hatch? Locke and Walt have always been the two most closely touched by the island, so it seems like a reasonable scenario that the two would end up at odds with one another.

As soon as last night's show was over, I was alredy waiting for next week. Damn...seven days is a long time to wait!

What if the hatch issue divides the survivors

There's a hidden meaning in this. Inside the hatch is...Richard Hatch, the naked first winner of Survivor.

Did anyone else notice or think that Locke was shot in the chest? I thought there was a mark on his shirt and a puff of smoke for a second.

Walt is the FIRST person in this show that has had unusual experiences before the plane crash.  It is very obvious, from the bird episode, that he can conjure up stuff.

After last week, we were talking about how maybe Locke is the key to the whole show -- y'know, tabula rasa.

This week, my wife and I wondered if Walt is actually sustaining everything on the island.  Did he conjure the plane crash?  Did he see Locke in a wheelchair and visualize him walking?  We KNOW he's connected to the Polar Bear -- twice -- each time when he doesn't know where his (actually Brian's) dog is.  Hmmmm.

Thoughts?

212219[/snapback]

Walt is the key. Locke is only a pawn in Walt's reality. Sorry about the LAMP quote, but my wife and I have really been leaning this way since January. It was definitely exciting for us to hear that Walt is getting back into the bizarreness.