[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

When rafters leave the island, they will discover that Johanna did not drown and is still alive. Proably being held in underwater complex by the reef.

interesting foreshadowing by Locke bringing her name up.

329010[/snapback]

Here's my first good thought of the morning. The island assumed that Johanna was trying to escape, not just going for a swim, so it took her.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my first good thought of the morning. The island assumed that Johanna was trying to escape, not just going for a swim, so it took her.

329120[/snapback]

I think that's a good theory. She wasn't that far out, and if she was such a bad swimmer, she wouldn't have gotten into the water in the first place. Plus, she went down pretty quick.

Walt is the key.  Locke is only a pawn in Walt's reality. 

329105[/snapback]

That's certainly a possibility. My theory is that the island is going to play the two against one another.

I unfortunately missed a large portion of the episode due to work stuff - I am however downloading it as I type this and will re-watch this evening. If anyone needs info on how to get it, PM me.

Did anyone else notice or think that Locke was shot in the chest?  I thought there was a mark on his shirt and a puff of smoke for a second.

329099[/snapback]

Ok, i'm not crazy...cuz i could have sworn that i saw a mark on locke's shirt when he fell down...he looked like hed been shot in the chest...

Ok, i'm not crazy...cuz i could have sworn that i saw a mark on locke's shirt when he fell down...he looked like hed been shot in the chest...

329233[/snapback]

It sure did look like that...my wife and I were convinced that he had been shot in the chest. Then he gets up and it turns out he was only grazed on the head. Later, he's washing the shirt out, and you see that he does not have a chest wound (in case anyone thought he was walking wounded again - see leg injury).

And I just needed a little time to digest tonights episode.  I thought it was a good one...priceless scene was Sawyer wearing those glasses and reading to the baby.

328837[/snapback]

Same here. That scene had me :lol:.

There's gotta be more than just the explanation of "thats no place you want to go." And I think Walt has alot more to play in this. Anyone notice the look he gave Locke?

328838[/snapback]

I think the look may have been more a reaction to the callousness/grossness of Locke wringing out Boone's blood from his shirt. I think people are giving Walt too much credit for his "abilities." As Brian said, and the bird and polar bear scenes showed, "Things happen when he's around." Which is a far different thing from Walt or his conscious actually making those specific things happen. I get a reading more like, trouble follows him around.

Just a question for the person who said Sayid's backstory paralelled the island.... How? In one he is more or less forced by the CIA to befriend the enemy, Hassam, and the guy shot himself; on the island, Shannon forces him (in a Honey-Do list way) to befriend the suspected enemy (Locke) and Sayid ends up having to tackle Shannon (and as stated later, that blew his chances w/ her). At best, the ep was incomplete in tying the story together. And I think it's more apparent than ever that Locke is evil.

And I think it's more apparent than ever that Locke is evil.

329380[/snapback]

I truely believe that Locke is not evil...he's just becoming more and more blind to reality as he continues to answer to the "island."

I truely believe that Locke is not evil...he's just becoming more and more blind to reality as he continues to answer to the "island."

329398[/snapback]

So Locke = Hassam? The unwilling/unsure participant? I don't know about that.

The island picked Locke for a reason --- b/c he has hatred that's long been smoldering.

He called the kidney donor scar a "war wound" and I got the sense it wasn't metaphor.

He doesn't want to leave the island that is his survivalist paradise. And he knows what will happen when he leaves or when the island is done with him -- no more legs. He's shown he'll kill and lie to prevent rescue. To me, that makes him the evil character.

Edited by UConn James

So Locke = Hassam? The unwilling/unsure participant? I don't know about that.

The island picked Locke for a reason --- b/c he has hatred that's long been smoldering.

He called the kidney donor scar a "war wound" and I got the sense it wasn't metaphor.

329414[/snapback]

I don't disagree with that analysis, but remember, the island gave him back his legs. Think about the scene in the tour operators office...Locke yelling that he could do the tour, that he shouldn't be told that he couldn't. While the kidney donation debacle probably resulted, ultimately, in this parallysis, I think the loss of the use of his legs was the most devasting thing to him. The level to which he felt indepted to the island for giving him back his legs is unimaginable. And when he "saw into the eyes of the island" is when the island told him what was expected of him.

Apparently someone managed to get hold of some call sheets from the finale episode. Not much there as far as spoilers, just an interesting peek into the intricacy of shooting, logistics, etc.

Front. Back.

Did anyone watch the special on 20/20 last night? Forgot all about it, myself. Well, that and I was pouring rum and Cokes half the night....

It was a long time ago, but I did call it when I said it was Locke who KO'd Sayid.

Shannon was very frightening, the way she asked Sayid to do something about Locke.

I loved it when "Turniphead" would only calm down when he heard Sawyer talk.

This show is just awesome. My favorite show since "Angel" was axed. Thankfully a few writers from Angel are on this show.

Next week, an episode where Kate is the central character.

May 18, Lost season fianle part I

May 19, Star Wars Episdoe III: Revenge of the Sith

May 25, Lost season finales II & III

What more could you want???!!! :(:lol::lol:

Did anyone watch the special on 20/20 last night? Forgot all about it, myself. Well, that and I was pouring rum and Cokes half the night....

331126[/snapback]

Yeah...I saw it. It was nice to see the characters as themselves. Hard to believe that Kate (Evangelina Lily) never acted before this role.

I guess the one tidbit we got was the JJ Abrahams said that the characters are not dead...i.e. not in hell.

Yeah, on the 20/20 show, the head producer said there is a logical explanation to all that has happened and that they are not dead or in purgatory or in a dream or anything like that.

The Iraqi guy has a British accent which threw me for a loop. The guy who died (who has the hot sister) seemed like an ass when they interviewed him, but he was probably bitter they cut him.

They had to get the cast in one week, so they just picked people they liked in other stuff. Duey (the large one) was on a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode and they said "let's get THAT guy"- he was the first one cast. They saw the black dad in a play so they grabbed him. The guy who plays Sawyer just got his real estate license and was ready to quit acting all together when he got the call.

Merci beaucoup, guys.

Saw the new preview several times tonight. Walt is adament that Locke not open the hatch. I think there was a hatch-like thing in that Flash/Green Lantern/polar bear comic book. I've read about it before that someone was being poisioned by someone else, and there was Michael yarking his breakfast....

We'll find out a little bit more about Kate on Wed. as she's the flashback subject. I've harbored some serious doubt about her criminal status, thinking she's in a triple- or quadruple-agent or something. Maybe they'll shed some light on it before the end of the season.

Merci beaucoup, guys.

I've harbored some serious doubt about her criminal status, thinking she's in a triple- or quadruple-agent or something. Maybe they'll shed some light on it before the end of the season.

331251[/snapback]

She's definitley some sort of cop (or was at some point before turning crook/being framed). That was subtly given away with her conversation with the marshall before the crash. A lot was implied in ther conversation.

Also, in the flashback at the bank, she was far too good of a marksman to not have had military/police training.

We will find out.

Check out USA Today's Sunday section in the paper.

They talk to the creators and cast of "Lost".

They Gave clues what to expect next:

SPOILER ALERT:

DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY CLUES.

Creator J.J. Abrams Quotes:

"The population of the island will be shaken up. Not everyone will be coming back and new people from the 48 survivors will be stepping up as regulars. Also, the survivors have explored almost none of the island, so next year becomes more mission driven and the inevetible fractions aspects of society-building begin to arise.

AS FOR THE LAST EPISODE:

"We have managed to pull off a cliffhanger that is emtionally satifying but demands that people will talk about it all summer... it's a "Who Shot J.R." moment. The end of the season is unbashedly mindbendingly shocking."

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!

I think that's a good theory.  She wasn't that far out, and if she was such a bad swimmer, she wouldn't have gotten into the water in the first place.  Plus, she went down pretty quick.

329144[/snapback]

That also could apply to Boone dying in the plane...even if it wasn't strictly operational, it did have a working radio...