[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

Nice...that's right about Danielle's boat and the timeframe.  See...if we all put our heads together, we can figure this whole thing out (or at least go mad doing so!).  ;)

333849[/snapback]

Ha! That's secret!... the people on the Island don't go nuts... we do!

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the more interesting details from the 20/20 broadcast of last Friday was that they use an orchestra to supply music for the show. The music is a great accompaniment to the drama. In fact the story has so many twists and secrets that the music doesn't get it's due.

Duey, you are an encyclopedia!!!

Hmmm...an interesting thought, but doesn't his backstory contradict that?  And don't forget that he was seen sitting in the sand amid the debris of the plane.

333773[/snapback]

Locke was also in one of the flashbacks sitting in his wheelchair behind Jack and Rose. He's not one of the Others (but he knows there are others there) except for however the island has its fix on him.

The vaguery re: some characters not coming back yet not being killed, might be the raft, yeah? Don't get on it Kate!!! ;)

The music for the show has been really well done. Mix b/w Hurley's CD player early on, Driveshaft, and the drama-heighters w/ the orchestra. That's one aspect that Abrams does well in using on Alias as well, tho I can't follow that show anymore.

One of the more interesting details from the 20/20 broadcast of last Friday was that they use an orchestra to supply music for the show.  The music is a great accompaniment to the drama.  In fact the story has so many twists and secrets that the music doesn't get it's due.

Duey, you are an encyclopedia!!!

333906[/snapback]

Thanks...you can thank my obsession for those inane factoids. ;)

Regarding the music...I agree. The scoring in each episode has only added to the drama and mystery of this show. The music during the Boone funeral only made it that much easier to be incredibly moved.

I love this show.

HOLY CRAP ... the best part of the show each week is the Preview for the Following Week's Show. Next week looks like it's gonna be a killer!

Walt is a scary kid.

"The Others"

The Hatch.

Oh how I can't wait for the season finale so we all can be emotionally strapped in and be forced to wait months for any sort of resolution!

HOLY CRAP ... the best part of the show each week is the Preview for the Following Week's Show. Next week looks like it's gonna be a killer!

Walt is a scary kid.

"The Others"

The Hatch.

Oh how I can't wait for the season finale so we all can be emotionally strapped in and be forced to wait months for any sort of resolution!

334161[/snapback]

Ya, this one was really lame.

Ya, this one was really lame.

334169[/snapback]

It was slower than the others, but I still enjoyed it.

We got some clues about Kate, found out Walt is at least semi psychic, and I think we saw more proof that the survivors are going to divide into two camps. One who think they should open the hatch and the others who don't.

Should be interesting.

It was slower than the others, but I still enjoyed it.

We got some clues about Kate, found out Walt is at least semi psychic, and I think we saw more proof that the survivors are going to divide into two camps. One who think they should open the hatch and the others who don't.

Should be interesting.

334186[/snapback]

I know, I enjoyed it as well. (of course!)

Yes, they made it seem as if Walt is psychic. I'm still not sold on the "two camp" theory.

-

Some interesting info I found, Will try in yellow as there might be spoilers for some people in here.

Trivia about Lost - The Complete First Season:

Jorge Garcia (I) missed his sister's wedding to shoot this show in Hawaii.

The first season depicts the first 40 days on the island.

The first episode debuted on ABC with 18.65 million viewers. The second episode attracted 16.33 million viewers.

Yoon-jin Kim originally read for the character of Kate. The producers felt she was not what they were looking for but decided to create a new character for her along with her character's spouse.

During Charlie's snorting scenes, Dominic Monaghan is actually snorting brown sugar.

Charlie's shoulder tattoo reads "Living is easy with eyes closed". This is a lyric from the song "Strawberry Fields" by The Beatles.

The rocks used in the waterfall cave set are made of rubber so that the sound of the actors, and crew members walking about are not picked up on camera.

When the idea was to have Jack killed off in the pilot, the creators discussed casting Michael Keaton as Jack.

The part of Charlie was originally written for someone much older, but when Dominic Monaghan auditioned, the writers and producers loved him so much that they set about re-writing the part to Dominic's strengths.

The book Sawyer reads is "Watership Down" by Richard Adams (IV). It tells the tale of a group of lost rabbits searching for a new home.

Plane wreckage scenes were filmed at Mokuleia Beach.

Jungle scenes depicting open, grassy pasture areas at the foot of jagged cliffs were filmed in Kaaawa Valley (first season).

Mokuleia Beach is near Oahu's northwest tip (Kaena Point). Kaaawa Valley is over 30 miles away on the island's eastern coast.

Kaaawa Valley is one of the few valleys on Oahu which are entirely privately owned. Many productions were filmed there, including Jurassic Park (1993)'s memorable hiding-behind-the-log chase scene.

Jorge Garcia (I) was the first actor to be cast as one of the survivors.

The sound stage where the cave scenes are filmed is at the old Xerox building.

John Locke is named after English philosopher John Locke, who theorized that before modern society, people lived in the wild in a state of equality and happiness. Likewise, Danielle Rousseau is named for Jean Jacques Rousseau, a French philosopher who wrote that society is corrupt, and that when removed from society, man can become truly noble.

Vincent, the dog, is actually played by a female dog, whose name is Madison.

In "Whatever the Case May Be" (Episode #1.12), Shannon describes having been in France and seeing a children's animated movie about "computer fish" that ends with the song "La Mer" (known as "Beyond the Sea" in English). Although Shannon doesn't know the name of the movie, it is clearly Finding Nemo (2003), although the French dub of Finding Nemo, like the original American movie, ended with Robbie Williams (I)'s English cover of "Beyond the Sea" instead of the French source. This show and Finding Nemo are both products of the same parent company, Disney.

The cast was not allowed to see a certain set. They had to cover their eyes until cameras rolled. They were walked down the path, cameras now on, and their reaction to seeing the cockpit leaning against the trees was real. This one-take is what was used in the pilot episode.

In the episode "The Homecoming" (2/9/05) Charlie's date Lucy mentions that her dad is out of town looking to buy a paper company in Slough. This is a reference to the British show "Office, The" (2001) which took place at a paper company in Slough.

The symbol that Claire wears around her neck is the Japanese kanji for "love".

Swedish TV channel TV4 were forced to cancel their broadcast of the series prematurely, because the remaining episodes were stolen.

I know, I enjoyed it as well. (of course!)

I'm still not sold on the "two camp" theory.

334189[/snapback]

I'm not sold on it either. But I can see why people think that way, and if the story goes in that direction, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm not sold on it either. But I can see why people think that way, and if the story goes in that direction, it wouldn't surprise me.

334205[/snapback]

We also were introduced to maybe a new character... (ART) the science teacher.

334205[/snapback]

I'm not sold on it simply b/c they're going to open the hatch in the season finale. Seems kind of moot that they'd split b/c of it.

I knew it was Sun. Interesting stuff about Kate, this was the guy when she claimed to have killed the man she loved, even tho it was his choice to stay in the car. So, I gather she was wanted for something when she went into the hospital. Can anyone w/ TiVo pause on the cop's newspaper? And then on the time capsule, was the writing on the cover discernable?

She left the toy airplane on the car seat. Who do you suppose put it in the safe deposit box 815? Yeah, an unanswerable question.

Is anyone getting more biblical readings w/ the raft=arc, and the big tree (the camera lingered on it for a while, maybe I'm putting too much to that) as the Tree of Knowledge?

And then on the time capsule, was the writing on the cover discernable?

334209[/snapback]

I actaully noticed this. I think it was a "New Kids on the Block" lunch box. Would be about right for two kids from the late 80's

so this season only depicts the first 40 days on the island? i was wondering if this was going to be a one season show, looks like it will be multi seasons. interesting to see if they can keep the intrest level up

Yeah, he's a well known character actor. He was Big John in River's Edge. He'll be a permanent character now.

334282[/snapback]

I thought it was a pretty good show last night. Some thoughts...

Kate...jeez. This chick does what she needs to do. So yes, this was the guy she loved that she got killed. I also noticed that she left the plane on the seat. Makes one wonder if she is actually apprehended, and that plane is a piece of evidence that she ends up getting at some point? At what's up with her mother? She realizes that its "Katherine," and she complete freaks out. What the hell did Kate do to her in the past?! I think we still need to learn a lot more out our Kate.

I think we got a pretty good glimpse at how important a figure Walt is going to be. Between the comment to Locke, and his statement to his dad that they had to leave on that raft...wow.

I was orginally in the survivor spilt camp, but now I think that passes with the "attac" of the others. Next week is going to kick some ass!

My theory on Kate is that she was molested by her dad, killed him in self defense, and then ran away, and had since been a fugative. It would explain why she told her friend, "You know why I had to leave", as well as why her mother was afraid of her.

Also, the date that Kate and her boyfriend buried their "time capsule" was August 15, 8-15. And did anyone see who was the driver of the other car in the accident? Maybe it was Locke and that's how he lost the use of his legs.