[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

and the tape they played in the care where she says she wants to get in a car and just go and they talk about her always wanting to runaway. they got some splainin to do. also, earlier in the season when i wasnt paying attention, who are the "others" and where are they on the island? i missed that episode i guess

My theory on Kate is that she was molested by her dad, killed him in self defense, and then ran away, and had since been a fugative.  It would explain why she told her friend, "You know why I had to leave", as well as why her mother was afraid of her.

Also, the date that Kate and her boyfriend buried their "time capsule" was August 15, 8-15.  And did anyone see who was the driver of the other car in the accident?  Maybe it was Locke and that's how he lost the use of his legs.

334480[/snapback]

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a pretty good show last night.  Some thoughts...

Kate...jeez.  This chick does what she needs to do.  So yes, this was the guy she loved that she got killed.  I also noticed that she left the plane on the seat.  Makes one wonder if she is actually apprehended, and that plane is a piece of evidence that she ends up getting at some point?  At what's up with her mother?  She realizes that its "Katherine," and she complete freaks out.  What the hell did Kate do to her in the past?!  I think we still need to learn a lot more out our Kate.

I think we got a pretty good glimpse at how important a figure Walt is going to be.  Between the comment to Locke, and his statement to his dad that they had to leave on that raft...wow.

I was orginally in the survivor spilt camp, but now I think that passes with the "attac" of the others.  Next week is going to kick some ass!

334479[/snapback]

Kate gets the airplane out of the safe deposit box when she helps to rob the bank. Actually, it seems now that she was in full control of that operation -- and the target was getting the toy plane in her hands, she just used everyone else. Does anyone have that episode TIVO'd? Would be an interesting re-watch right now. Did she kill that bank guy or just knock him out? Need. .... to ... watch .. that episode ... again.

My theory on Kate is that she was molested by her dad, killed him in self defense, and then ran away, and had since been a fugative.  It would explain why she told her friend, "You know why I had to leave", as well as why her mother was afraid of her.

Also, the date that Kate and her boyfriend buried their "time capsule" was August 15, 8-15.  And did anyone see who was the driver of the other car in the accident?  Maybe it was Locke and that's how he lost the use of his legs.

334480[/snapback]

hmmmm! Interesting! :)

Kate gets the airplane out of the safe deposit box when she helps to rob the bank.  Actually, it seems now that she was in full control of that operation -- and the target was getting the toy plane in her hands, she just used everyone else.  Does anyone have that episode TIVO'd?  Would be an interesting re-watch right now.  Did she kill that bank guy or just knock him out?  Need. .... to ... watch .. that episode ... again.

334518[/snapback]

My question is,why was the stuff in a safe deposit box... wouldn't the police have had it?

I think we got a pretty good glimpse at how important a figure Walt is going to be.  Between the comment to Locke, and his statement to his dad that they had to leave on that raft...wow.

334479[/snapback]

Walt is one odd little dude. He's like Danny in the Shining. Minus the freaky finger conversations.

334480[/snapback]

Hm. Well, the other car wasn't a red punchbuggy, was it? Could have been the woman Jack married, tho.

I really would like to know how Kate got the Plane back, also where Ethan came from and his motives in capturing Claire, obviously it had to do with the baby, IMO the psychic knew how important it was that Claire raised the baby, and when he found out she was going to give it up, he decided to make up the story of the parents in LA, because he foresaw the plane crashing, her surviving, and having to keep the baby. But what the hell do I know......

I thought last night's episode was great, even better than the week before. I'm very interested in Kate's back story. I wish they were planning 100 episodes of this show because I'm very interested in all the back stories and I can't imagine we will get them all.

I really would like to know how Kate got the Plane back, also where Ethan came from and his motives in capturing Claire, obviously it had to do with the baby, IMO the psychic knew how important it was that Claire raised the baby, and when he found out she was going to give it up, he decided to make up the story of the parents in LA, because he foresaw the plane crashing, her surviving, and having to keep the baby.  But what the hell do I know......

335035[/snapback]

Kate got the plane from the safe deposit bank that she knocked off.

Bringing up Claire's psychic makes me wonder about if there is a connection with Walt's psychic powers ... ?

Kate got the plane from the safe deposit bank that she knocked off.

335058[/snapback]

Yes, but how did the plane get from the front seat of Tom's car to that safe deposity box...that's the question.

Yes, but how did the plane get from the front seat of Tom's car to that safe deposity box...that's the question.

335090[/snapback]

Exactly.

There are two key questions left w/ Kate:

1) Why was she wanted prior to the doc being shot?

2) Who deposited the plane for her...and why did she need to stage a robbery to get to it?

IMO the psychic knew how important it was that Claire raised the baby, and when he found out she was going to give it up, he decided to make up the story of the parents in LA, because he foresaw the plane crashing, her surviving, and having to keep the baby.  But what the hell do I know......

335035[/snapback]

No opinion about it. That is exactly how it happened. Claire came to the same conclusion and said as much on the show. The psychic new the plane would crash and she would be forced to raise the baby herself.

Exactly.

There are two key questions left w/ Kate:

1) Why was she wanted prior to the doc being shot?

2) Who deposited the plane for her...and why did she need to stage a robbery to get to it?

335106[/snapback]

Maybe as an earlier poster stated that Kate could have been molested by her father so she killed the father. Remember how Kate's mother started to panic after her initially recognizing Kate? Something wasn't right with Kate's family.

Could there be two toy planes? Probably not. But Kate did "seem" to leave the toy plane in the car.

They sure have a collection of multi-dimensional characters. Initially, I liked Kate (and seemingly so did the other characters) but now I see her as being evil. And as for Sawyer, I hated him in the beginning but now he seems "harmless".

I look forward to the reappearance of the others. I wonder if there were people buried alive in the underground hatch by the others?

There is a lot of emphasis on storing and hiding things such as with the time capsule and the safe deposit box and now a hatch.

Maybe as an earlier poster stated that Kate could have been molested by her father so she killed the father.  Remember how Kate's mother started to panic after her initially recognizing Kate?  Something wasn't right with Kate's family.

Could there be two toy planes?  Probably not.  But Kate did "seem" to leave the toy plane in the car.

They sure have a collection of multi-dimensional characters.  Initially, I liked Kate (and seemingly so did the other characters) but now I see her as being evil.  And as for Sawyer, I hated him in the beginning but now he seems "harmless".

I look forward to the reappearance of the others.  I wonder if there were people buried alive in the underground hatch by the others?

There is a lot of emphasis on storing and hiding things such as with the time capsule and the safe deposit box and now a hatch.

336645[/snapback]

Thats a good catch with the parrell between the safe deposit box/time capsul/hatch. I didn't really think about that.

It's funny that you now see Kate as evil and Sawyer as harmless even though Sawyer was the only one of the two to kill someone in cold blood. That's why I love this show, there are so many ways to look at it :lol:

I don't know about the molestation theory. Victims, esp. younger girls, tend to implode and be self-destructive. She did have daddy issues (like most of the other Lostaways) as shown w/ her friendly rapport w/ the substitute father figure in Australia, but there's not much to base it on other than speculation. My sense is that killing her father for that... meh.... You do a sob interview on Oprah and get a sympathetic jury and you're out w/in 5 years. Kate's been in more serious stuff than that; she's desperate to escape it.

Sawyer has done a transformation from what I first thought of him. Spoiler: I read something about the preview that showed him in the background and Jack crying; supposedly, before the raft sets sail, he tells Jack about what his father said in the bar. If that's accurate, that's probably going to be one of the better scenes.

So the Others are coming. "Run. Hide. Or die."

Lost to me is the equivalent of my wife watching NFL football (unfortunately). The only time that matters to her is the last 5 minutes. The only episode that will matter of Lost is the last one. Enough already, what the heck is in the "hatch"

I don't know about the molestation theory. Victims, esp. younger girls, tend to implode and be self-destructive. She did have daddy issues (like most of the other Lostaways) as shown w/ her friendly rapport w/ the substitute father figure in Australia, but there's not much to base it on other than speculation. My sense is that killing her father for that... meh.... You do a sob interview on Oprah and get a sympathetic jury and you're out w/in 5 years. Kate's been in more serious stuff than that; she's desperate to escape it.

Sawyer has done a transformation from what I first thought of him. Spoiler: I read something about the preview that showed him in the background and Jack crying; supposedly, before the raft sets sail, he tells Jack about what his father said in the bar. If that's accurate, that's probably going to be one of the better scenes.

So the Others are coming. "Run. Hide. Or die."

336955[/snapback]

That "spoiler" makes sense...I think we knew that we'd get back to that issue at some point.

I def think she off'ed her dad...maybe dad was abusive to her mother?