[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

That also could apply to Boone dying in the plane...even if it wasn't strictly operational, it did have a working radio...

332098[/snapback]

I think once they're gone, they're gone.

Will they open the hatch tonight??

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get the Boone / Shannon "relationship". Were they brother and sister or lovers? If their circumstances were that bizarre why kill off Boone? Or why bother including those details in the story at all? Then again maybe the censors or executives had some objections

I think once they're gone, they're gone.

Will they open the hatch tonight??

333561[/snapback]

SPOILERS

No. They do on the Season Finale though. Well, this is according to an entertainment weekly article posted here: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,...5714_0_,00.html

Here is what the article says (according to Co-Creator Lindelof)

Q: Whats the Hatch?

A: The season finale focuses on openning the hatch. But it would be a spoiler to say what, if anything, they find. It had better be cool though".

Q:Will we see the Monster?

A:You will see at least 2 percent of the monster. It would be like seeing its toes, if it had toes.

Q: Who did Boone talk to on the radio and what was said?

A: In the finale, viewers will intuit the transmission's source. It's one of the most important pieces of plot for season 2.

Q:Will any of the survivors die before the season's end?

A: Not everybody might be coming back (talk about vague); that doesn't mean we're killing people...The finale delivers on life and death stakes.

Q:Will we discover the meaning of the numbers?

A: The finale's last 10 minutes focus on the numbers in a non-oblique way. The numbers bring people to the island, but the bigger mystery is 'why'?

I still don't get the Boone / Shannon "relationship".  Were they brother and sister or lovers?  If their circumstances were that bizarre why kill off Boone?  Or why bother including those details in the story at all?  Then again maybe the censors or executives had some objections

333620[/snapback]

They were stepbrother and sister. Boone was in love with her and she used him one night to get Boone's help.

I think they only hooked up once (not that that makes it any better). But the backstory was important for Boone's character development (especially his relationship w/ Locke) and Shannon's relationship with Syiad.

They were stepbrother and sister. Boone was in love with her and she used him one night to get Boone's help.

I think they only hooked up once (not that that makes it any better). But the backstory was important for Boone's character development (especially his relationship w/ Locke) and Shannon's relationship with Syiad.

333629[/snapback]

Yeah...it showed that Boone was completely whipped when it came to her, and that she was a manipulating, self-centered B word.

I can't remember... where were the numbers... On the Hatch? It lookedlike they were on some cement wall.

333709[/snapback]

Yes, Hurley's winning lottery numbers were also the ones found on the hatch.

Yes, Hurley's winning lottery numbers were also the ones found on the hatch.

333730[/snapback]

Thanks. But I have one more question... in that episode, the one about Hurley's past and the lottery... They showed the numbers on the hatch. Was that the first time we saw the hatch? I thinkit was. And who saw it in that episode? Wasn't it Hurley??

Thanks. But I have one more question... in that episode, the one about Hurley's past and the lottery... They showed the numbers on the hatch. Was that the first time we saw the hatch? I thinkit was. And who saw it in that episode? Wasn't it Hurley??

333736[/snapback]

Not sure if it was the first time that we see the hatch (its pretty uncovered, so I don't think this is the first), but no one specifically sees the numbers - the camera pans in on the numbers, amongst darkness and climatic music.

(I'm re-watching it right now).

By the way, now that I see Locke working with Claire, building the cradle/traps/etc., I'm getting pretty suspicious that Locke had something to do with Claire's abduction. I have a feeling that he might be one of the "others".

Not sure if it was the first time that we see the hatch (its pretty uncovered, so I don't think this is the first), but no one specifically sees the numbers - the camera pans in on the numbers, amongst darkness and climatic music.

By the way, now that I see Locke working with Claire, building the cradle/traps/etc., I'm getting pretty suspicious that Locke had something to do with Claire's abduction.  I have a feeling that he might be one of the "others".

333752[/snapback]

Hmmm...an interesting thought, but doesn't his backstory contradict that? And don't forget that he was seen sitting in the sand amid the debris of the plane.

Also...those numbers are also on the map that Sayid took from Danielle.

By the way, now that I see Locke working with Claire, building the cradle/traps/etc., I'm getting pretty suspicious that Locke had something to do with Claire's abduction.  I have a feeling that he might be one of the "others".

333752[/snapback]

Ha! Wow, you ARE a fan! That cracked me up when I read that you are rewatching it now. :P

Let me know if you see anything we missed.

Hmmm...an interesting thought, but doesn't his backstory contradict that?  And don't forget that he was seen sitting in the sand amid the debris of the plane.

Also...those numbers are also on the map that Sayid took from Danielle.

333773[/snapback]

They were? Geeze, I am forgetting alot here.

What ever happened to that map and what was the map for?

They were? Geeze, I am forgetting alot here.

What ever happened to that map and what was the map for?

333789[/snapback]

The map was of the island. It had a location marked on it called (I think) the black rock. Syiad wanted to go there, but the was encrypted with the "song lyrics".

But, unless I am forgetting something, I think they still have the map, they are just uncertain as to its meaning.

The map was of the island. It had a location marked on it called (I think) the black rock. Syiad wanted to go there, but the was encrypted with the "song lyrics".

But, unless I am forgetting something, I think they still have the map, they are just uncertain as to its meaning.

333795[/snapback]

Hey,Thanks...but,

What song lyrics?

333795[/snapback]

Yep...that's right.

A summary of the numbers, from my memory only (so mistakes may exist):

- The numbers were played by Hurley, winning him the lottery;

- He got those numbers from a guy in a psych hosptial;

- That guy got them from a man in Australia;

- The man in Australia had gotten them while (on a boat?) somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Specifically, he heard them on a radio broadcast (broadcast from the island one should assume?;

- Those numbers are written on the map Sayid took from Danielle. Hurley has seen the map and has seen the numbers there;

- Those numbers are on the hatch. Hurley had not seen the hatch...yet; and,

- What came first...the numbers on the hatch...the broadcast of the numbers...or the numbers on the map?

Did I miss anything? It certainly seems like Hurley may turn out to be the key figure in relation to the numbers...i.e. did the island (the "others") broadcast the numbers so that Hurley would get there? No one else has an off-island tie in to the numbers.

Yep...that's right.

A summary of the numbers, from my memory only (so mistakes may exist):

- The numbers were played by Hurley, winning him the lottery;

- He got those numbers from a guy in a psych hosptial;

- That guy got them from a man in Australia;

- The man in Australia had gotten them while (on a boat?) somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.  Specifically, he heard them on a radio broadcast (broadcast from the island one should assume?;

- Those numbers are written on the map Sayid took from Danielle.  Hurley has seen the map and has seen the numbers there;

- Those numbers are on the hatch.  Hurley had not seen the hatch...yet; and,

- What came first...the numbers on the hatch...the broadcast of the numbers...or the numbers on the map?

Did I miss anything?  It certainly seems like Hurley may turn out to be the key figure in relation to the numbers...i.e. did the island (the "others") broadcast the numbers so that Hurley would get there?  No one else has an off-island tie in to the numbers.

333813[/snapback]

That sounds right to me.

But also: Danielle was on a boat and overheard the transmission of the numbers and they decided to investigate (so the numbers drew her ship to the island).

Danielle also said there was a radio tower on the island. I assume that was the source of the transmission that drew Danielle's crew AND the broadcast that the guy in Australia heard (because I think he said it was 16 years ago that he first heard the numbers...that's how long Danielle has been stranded).

So it's possible the Tower and the Hatch were built (or placed) at the same time. But who the hell knows. lol

Ah Duey my lost compadre, I always enjoy your posts. And it is also refreshing to be able to talk to someone else about my favorite show. I just think I'm giddy about tonight. :P:P

That sounds right to me.

But also: Danielle was on a boat and overheard the transmission of the numbers and they decided to investigate (so the numbers drew her ship to the island).

Danielle also said there was a radio tower on the island. I assume that was the source of the transmission that drew Danielle's crew AND the broadcast that the guy in Australia heard (because I think he said it was 16 years ago that he first heard the numbers...that's how long Danielle has been stranded).

So it's possible the Tower and the Hatch were built (or placed) at the same time. But who the hell knows. lol

333821[/snapback]

GREAT STUFF tgregg99 and Duey!

Can't wait for tonight!

That sounds right to me.

333821[/snapback]

Nice...that's right about Danielle's boat and the timeframe. See...if we all put our heads together, we can figure this whole thing out (or at least go mad doing so!). :P