[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

Wasn't the number 19 really important in the Stephen King Gunslinger books?

340538[/snapback]

I was just thinking something along the same lines, and don't forget that there were giant, robotic animals (bear, turtle) protecting each of the beams. A strong SK tie in, perhaps.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone mention how Sawyer's given name is 'James Ford.' This is probably the most notable entry in a google search of the name.... Probably not a connection.

And, did anyone notice how Rousseau was watching Claire and the baby for a looooong frame just as she came into the beach camp? The Others want a baby; that's why Ethan was so hell-bent on having Claire. And what did Rousseau say about her own baby? I missed it. And while I'm asking, does anyone know where to get the text of what Sawyer tells Jack about his father?

Did anyone mention how Sawyer's given name is 'James Ford.' This is probably the most notable entry in a google search of the name.... Probably not a connection.

And, did anyone notice how Rousseau was watching Claire and the baby for a looooong frame just as she came into the beach camp? The Others want a baby; that's why Ethan was so hell-bent on having Claire. And what did Rousseau say about her own baby? I missed it. And while I'm asking, does anyone know where to get the text of what Sawyer tells Jack about his father?

340997[/snapback]

Eventually, lost-tv.com will have a transcript of the episode up (if they don't already, I haven't checked). You can get the text there.

340997[/snapback]

Now knowing that she lost her own daughter to the others (if her whole story is actually true), she may have just been staring at the baby and longing for what could have been.

Either that or she is just working with the others, and the whole thing is a trap.

Now knowing that she lost her own daughter to the others (if her whole story is actually true), she may have just been staring at the baby and longing for what could have been.

Either that or she is just working with the others, and the whole thing is a trap.

341037[/snapback]

Point taken about her remembering/longing but it seemed more than that, even. She and Ethan know something about the Others and the baby (and I don't specifically mean Claire's child (does he have a name yet?), just a baby.

I don't get the sense that it's a trap. All the scenes with her have shown real fear and the justifiable craziness of living with that fear for 16 years. More a combination that she's warmed to the idea of human contact in the past month and the bond that was formed b/w her and Sayid, that now she maybe feels she owes the Lostaways a heads-up at least.

CTM, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. They don't have this ep quite yet.

Point taken about her remembering/longing but it seemed more than that, even. She and Ethan know something about the Others and the baby (and I don't specifically mean Claire's child (does he have a name yet?), just a baby.

I don't get the sense that it's a trap. All the scenes with her have shown real fear and the justifiable craziness of living with that fear for 16 years. More a combination that she's warmed to the idea of human contact in the past month and the bond that was formed b/w her and Sayid, that now she maybe feels she owes the Lostaways a heads-up at least.

CTM, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. They don't have this ep quite yet.

341065[/snapback]

Honestly...if Danielle is truely helping the survivors, I think her sole justification would be to keep what happened to her from happening to Claire and her baby. Someone earlier suggested that it might have been Danielle who helped Claire escpae from Ethan. I remember seeing Claire look at Danielle somewhat quizzically...perhaps there was some recognition there.

Honestly...if Danielle is truely helping the survivors, I think her sole justification would be to keep what happened to her from happening to Claire and her baby.  Someone earlier suggested that it might have been Danielle who helped Claire escpae from Ethan.  I remember seeing Claire look at Danielle somewhat quizzically...perhaps there was some recognition there.

341069[/snapback]

Hmm. Yeah, what were the drugs that she gave Sayid? He said he didn't remember much about that, didn't he?

Also, saw the full preview again last night and there was a skeleton hanging by shackles (is that what's in the hatch?). And a radar monitor with a blip. Was that salvaged from the plane and brought on the raft?

By the by, there's a write-up/interviews by E!'s Kristin here. The guy who plays Charlie is really a hoot, especially when you read it with his voice and personality in mind.

In the beginning of the season, you said you thought the monster was an elephant with cats strapped to his back. Still going with that theory?

Yes. It's the image I have in my head--because Charlie has not seen it, and I would never ask the writers to tell me something my character isn't supposed to know. And I think that's what Charlie would do. He'd sit on the beach and go, "I wonder if it's like an elephant seal that has grown legs and has been stung by bees and is lost in the jungle."

Also, saw the full preview again last night and there was a skeleton hanging by shackles (is that what's in the hatch?). And a radar monitor with a blip. Was that salvaged from the plane and brought on the raft?

341077[/snapback]

IMHO...the skeleton in shackles is probably on the Black Rock (an old pirate?), and disappointingly, the blip on the radar (yes, it was taken by Sayid from the plane) will turn out to be either the back part of the plane...or that thing with the hatch.

I have to say that, I read an article of an interview with on of the show's producers.

He said that "it's not about a dream, aliens oranything like that".

Just thought you guys should know.

341079[/snapback]

Cool...thanks for that Buckey.

IMHO...the skeleton in shackles is probably on the Black Rock (an old pirate?), and disappointingly, the blip on the radar (yes, it was taken by Sayid from the plane) will turn out to be either the back part of the plane...or that thing with the hatch.

341094[/snapback]

Right. They were chased away from the Black Rock. So they need to go back to get the dynamite. Excuse me. I haven't had my caffeine yet. :blink:

That's what I was thinking about the radar; the back of the plane. With Sawyer doing a swan dive off of the raft to go mack it with M-Rod.

Right. They were chased away from the Black Rock. So they need to go back to get the dynamite. Excuse me. I haven't had my caffeine yet. :blink:

That's what I was thinking about the radar; the back of the plane. With Sawyer doing a swan dive off of the raft to go mack it with M-Rod.

341107[/snapback]

Did a search about "Black Rock and Portsmouth".

Seems it was an 1800's ship. Couldn't get much else...

hmmmm.... Time Machine?

By the by, there's a write-up/interviews by E!'s Kristin here. The guy who plays Charlie is really a hoot, especially when you read it with his voice and personality in mind.

341077[/snapback]

Loved the quote in ther about the cast be "infinetely shag -able". For those who do not know, shag is slang for a curse word that rymes with truck here in the states.

Hmm. Yeah, what were the drugs that she gave Sayid? He said he didn't remember much about that, didn't he?

341077[/snapback]

Don't forget the scratches on Danielle's arms that Locke pointed out. She claimed it was a "bush" but it sure looked like finger nail scratches to me.

That could add proof to "she helped Claire escpae" camp, or it could add proof that she is working against the Survivors (as in she was coherced into going there maybe?). I think the scratches are going to be key.

Don't forget the scratches on Danielle's arms that Locke pointed out. She claimed it was a "bush" but it sure looked like finger nail scratches to me.

That could add proof to "she helped Claire escpae" camp, or it could add proof that she is working against the Survivors (as in she was coherced into going there maybe?). I think the scratches are going to be key.

341211[/snapback]

I agree...it was a meaningful clue. Could the scratches be FROM Claire when she escaped? I don't think so...I think Danielle could kick Claire's ass.

I agree...it was a meaningful clue.  Could the scratches be FROM Claire when she escaped?  I don't think so...I think Danielle could kick Claire's ass.

341218[/snapback]

Yeah, I am not sure which side Danielle is on...but her reaction to Locke's question makes me suspect. And I think Locke is suspect of her himself.

Yeah, I am not sure which side Danielle is on...but her reaction to Locke's question makes me suspect. And I think Locke is suspect of her himself.

341228[/snapback]

I think Locke is in love with her. She 's his type of woman...rough, rugged, sexy and gun-toting. :blink:

And I think Locke is suspect of her himself.

341228[/snapback]

And I think that suspiciousness is mutual. She has experience w/ people who are doing the island's bidding.

And to this point, I would mention Locke smiling while rocking the bloody cradle in Claire's dream. I would wager Rousseau will be protecting the baby.