[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

when they were walking in the woods towards the "black rock" when all of a sudden there was that commotion and Arzt disappeared.  Those "footstep" noises were Ginormous sounding.  The french chick called it the "security system" or something.  not sure if the "footsteps" were just sound effects for our purposes or if the people were able to hear it as well, but that "thing" has to be HUUUUGE!!!!!  it is going to be interesting to find out what it turns out to be.

340481[/snapback]

The crazy French woman said that the “monster” is a security device protecting the island. Locke tells Hurly to stand still and the “monster” goes away right? Is it running on some kind of motion sensors that detect movement? That would explain why hiding behind trees or standing really still makes it go away.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, from what I'm reading, there was a scene deleted from yesterday's episode where Claire encounters the French Lady and tells her she looks familiar. Claire then realizes it was TFL that rescued her from Ethan. TFL then denies it.

My guess is TFL takes Claire's baby in the next episode to protect it like someone else mentioned in earlier posts.

The crazy French woman said that the “monster” is a security device protecting the island. Locke tells Hurly to stand still and the “monster” goes away right? Is it running on some kind of motion sensors that detect movement? That would explain why hiding behind trees or standing really still makes it go away.

340490[/snapback]

Is it T-Rex? Remember in Jurassic Park, Dr. Grant said that T-Rexes only detect motion? The noise the monster makes when it moves is pretty similiar to the T-Rex. Also, in the background you could hear noises very similiar to that of Raptors in Jurassic Park.

This show has so many twists and turns it could take (everything is possible: aliens, dinosaurs, stevestojan), I can't freaking wait until the next episode.

from a lost message board....something more to chew on...the possibilites seem endless for this show :wacko:

6. The numbers. I guess Hurley didn't notice them on the hatch. One thing I'm pretty sure of, though, is that Hurley wrote the numbers on the slip of paper he put in the bottle. He asked Charlie not to look at it so Charlie wouldn't be cursed (but Charlie DID look at it, so maybe something bad is about to befall Charlie). Or maybe the fact that the numbers are on the raft explains why the raft will fail in its goal. Also, did you notice that Jack's seat on the plane was in row 23 and the girl at the bar (Michelle Rodriguez? Rosario Dawson? Can't remember her name) was in row 42? Those are two of the numbers. Makes me wonder, first of all, if the rows that survived the crash were rows 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42, and secondly, if that character is alive somewhere on the island (maybe with Rose's husband--again, I don't think they'd have made such a big deal of telling us how much Rose believes he's still alive if he weren't).

Is it T-Rex? Remember in Jurassic Park, Dr. Grant said that T-Rexes only detect motion? The noise the monster makes when it moves is pretty similiar to the T-Rex. Also, in the background you could hear noises very similiar to that of Raptors in Jurassic Park.

This show has so many twists and turns it could take (everything is possible: aliens, dinosaurs, stevestojan), I can't freaking wait until the next episode.

340498[/snapback]

I hope it's NOT a T-Rex, as that would be extremely hokey.

However, the producers sneak a lot of little tributes to their favorite movies into the filming. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were a not-so-little tribute to Jurrasic Park.

from a lost message board....something more to chew on...the possibilites seem endless for this show :wacko:

6. The numbers. I guess Hurley didn't notice them on the hatch. One thing I'm pretty sure of, though, is that Hurley wrote the numbers on the slip of paper he put in the bottle. He asked Charlie not to look at it so Charlie wouldn't be cursed (but Charlie DID look at it, so maybe something bad is about to befall Charlie). Or maybe the fact that the numbers are on the raft explains why the raft will fail in its goal. Also, did you notice that Jack's seat on the plane was in row 23 and the girl at the bar (Michelle Rodriguez? Rosario Dawson? Can't remember her name) was in row 42? Those are two of the numbers. Makes me wonder, first of all, if the rows that survived the crash were rows 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42, and secondly, if that character is alive somewhere on the island (maybe with Rose's husband--again, I don't think they'd have made such a big deal of telling us how much Rose believes he's still alive if he weren't).

340510[/snapback]

Pooj, been there done that my man about three pages ago :wacko:

340510[/snapback]

If that is the case, which it probably is, John Locke was in Row 24. He should be dead. Or since 24 is 42 reversed, he someone managed to stay alive and "reverse" his paralysis.

from a lost message board....something more to chew on...the possibilites seem endless for this show :)

340510[/snapback]

There's no need to take it that far (particularly on such flimsy evidence - what is there, REALLY, that dictates the numbers predict anyone's survival?) It's enough to say at this point that everyone on the island is somehow connected to some or all of the numbers before the crash.

Anyone know what the number or numbers were on the safe deposit box Kate robbed?

It's interesting, too, that the total difference between the first five numbers equals the difference between the fifth and sixth (8-4 = 4, 15-8 = 7, 16-15 = 1, 23-16 = 7. 4+7+1+7 = 19. 42-23 = 19.) Probably - almost certainly - just conicidental...but I just blew your mind, didn't I? :lol:

There's no need to take it that far (particularly on such flimsy evidence - what is there, REALLY, that dictates the numbers predict anyone's survival?)  It's enough to say at this point that everyone on the island is somehow connected to some or all of the numbers before the crash. 

Anyone know what the number or numbers were on the safe deposit box Kate robbed? 

It's interesting, too, that the total difference between the first five numbers equals the difference between the fifth and sixth (8-4 = 4, 15-8 = 7, 16-15 = 1, 23-16 = 7.  4+7+1+7 = 19.  42-23 = 19.)  Probably - almost certainly - just conicidental...but I just blew your mind, didn't I?  :)

340533[/snapback]

Yes you did. 815 was safe deposit #.

Still say should start the finale at 8.15 EST on the nose

OK, I just figured it all out. We are going to go thru another season of all this speculation and clues, and then at the very end of the show, they are going to cut to a bed room scene where we see Dr. Robert Hartley sit up in bed, look at his wife Emily and say "....You are not going to belive the dream I just had...."

Wasn't the number 19 really important in the Stephen King Gunslinger books?

340538[/snapback]

OK, I just figured it all out.  We are going to go thru another season of all this speculation and clues, and then at the very end of the show, they are going to cut to a bed room scene where we see Dr. Robert Hartley sit up in bed, look at his wife Emily and say "....You are not going to belive the dream I just had...."

340542[/snapback]

:):lol::P

Yes you did. 815 was safe deposit #.

Still say should start the finale at 8.15 EST on the nose

340536[/snapback]

815...that's 8, and 15. And 815 factors into 5*163, which is really significant because...well, okay, it's not. It means nothing. It's not even interesting. But I was hoping... :)

I think, if you reorder all the numbers, something significant falls out mathematically speaking (because there's sure damned little significance when they're in numerical order). Hell if I know what that order would be, though.

Apparently, from what I'm reading, there was a scene deleted from yesterday's episode where Claire encounters the French Lady and tells her she looks familiar. Claire then realizes it was TFL that rescued her from Ethan. TFL then denies it.

My guess is TFL takes Claire's baby in the next episode to protect it like someone else mentioned in earlier posts.

340493[/snapback]

i think this is plausible, because danielle said "i know how to disappear into thge jungle"...she may take the baby and disappear to protect it while the others fight the battle or whatever happens...

815...that's 8, and 15.  And 815 factors into 5*163, which is really significant because...well, okay, it's not.  It means nothing.  It's not even interesting.  But I was hoping...  :)

I think, if you reorder all the numbers, something significant falls out mathematically speaking (because there's sure damned little significance when they're in numerical order).  Hell if I know what that order would be, though.

340554[/snapback]

And another character connection to the numbers...Claire was 8 months pregnant when they crashed.

And Locke was paralysed for 4 years, and had been speaking to his 900-number "friend" for eight months before leaving for Australia.

The French lady's transmission had been going for "16 years".

The reward for Kate was $23k. The Australian she met in episode 3 lost his wife eight months previous. She buried her time capsule on August 15th.

Jin had to be at the airport at 15 minutes after the hour.

Michael was in construction for eight years.

Charlie had lined up an eight week gig for his band at some point in the past.

Aside from the lotter numbers themselves...the week Hurley won was the 16th week in a row no one'd won.

A good portion of those are conicidental, I'm sure...but I'm equally sure some aren't. And I'm sure there's more...

340498[/snapback]

could be-

ties in with giant pterodactyls ripping the plane apart and depositing the plane and the pirate ship on the island

There's no need to take it that far (particularly on such flimsy evidence - what is there, REALLY, that dictates the numbers predict anyone's survival?)  It's enough to say at this point that everyone on the island is somehow connected to some or all of the numbers before the crash. 

It's interesting, too, that the total difference between the first five numbers equals the difference between the fifth and sixth (8-4 = 4, 15-8 = 7, 16-15 = 1, 23-16 = 7.  4+7+1+7 = 19.  42-23 = 19.)  Probably - almost certainly - just conicidental...but I just blew your mind, didn't I?  :)

340533[/snapback]

The numbers can be combined to get 666, which has its own implications.

The 1st five total 66 and add the digits of 42 to get the third 6.

340533[/snapback]

Crap...did you spend all day figuring that out? Nice! :lol: