Beasley flipping out at McDermott (at :41 of the 3rd quarter lower left screen on sideline)

BADOLBILZ

Maybe he was flipping out because he just broke up a would be interception.

Let's look at glass half-full...

Didn't the game turn around on the following brilliant punt by Haack? Pinned then on 1 when punt hit the jetstream, wall of wind?

Then it was the 4th quarter...

And things clicked... I wonder why? 😉 

So, a chronological sequence of what we’ve seen and heard about;

Beasley isn’t the same player on the field

He may be dealing with undisclosed injury

Comes off the field following an unsuccessful 3rd Down, passionate about something and looking in the direction of the HC.

Team Captain Hyde immediately gets between Beasley and HC

McDermott mentally preoccupied, doesn’t watch the punt despite dangerous weather conditions and multiple poor punts including a block

Beasley never steps on the field again, though the game is still in doubt

Bills players celebrating on sidelines in closing moments, Beasley preoccupied with seeking out Team Captain Hyde again

Beasley not selected to be interviewed post game

Dozens of published team photos from locker room of players wearing Champion Hat & T-shirts and celebrating wildly..

..none of which include Beasley

Have I got this right? Am I missing anything? Promoting a thesis? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, a chronological sequence of what we’ve seen and heard about;

Beasley isn’t the same player on the field

He may be dealing with undisclosed injury

Comes off the field following an unsuccessful 3rd Down, passionate about something and looking in the direction of the HC.

Team Captain Hyde immediately gets between Beasley and HC

McDermott mentally preoccupied, doesn’t watch the punt despite dangerous weather conditions and multiple poor punts including a block

Beasley never steps on the field again, though the game is still in doubt

Bills players celebrating on sidelines in closing moments, Beasley preoccupied with seeking out Team Captain Hyde again

Beasley not selected to be interviewed post game

Dozens of team photos from locker room of players wearing Champion Hat & T-shirts and celebrating wildly..

..none of which include Beasley

No one will deny this season has been very fragmented for Cole Beasley.  He's seen his role and targets diminish as the season finished. McKenzie IMHO is the heir apparent for the future at the slot. I think Sean will still use Cole here and there but nowhere like last season. Age and minor injuries I think have sealed his fate. And he knows it. Its extremely doubtful he or Sanders return next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

He's still a really good slot receiver in zone coverage and the Bills brass obviously feels the same.  We also don't know if he's as big of a distraction in house as the fans and media have been peddling all year.  Our only direct source are his posts on social media.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Oh weird, another quality player being maligned here. 

Beasley's a used-to-be-quality player.

On Cover1 they were saying that Braxton Berrios is an FA. I checked, and he is. That'd solve our punt and kick return problems too.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Beasley needs to straight up go; we can easily get by without him and his pay.

I haven't seen Isiah get the same separation as Beasley in the slot for those quick slant throws that get 8-10 yards and more importantly the 1st down.   I am ok for Beasley to be not brought back next season...However, right now McKenzie is playing a different role than Beaslely

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Not that hard to find a good slot replacement.  Bease was a great add, loved having him but it's time to split.  

Texas guys are a strange breed, they generally have a cockiness that can make it tough to mesh with the more open-minded Buffalo mentality. 

Aaron Schobel is another Texas guy that comes to mind in that regard, they have that know-it-all gene that can be really frustrating to deal with.  

Looking forward to some fun slot receiver stuff next year with some new faces, lil' Dirty included of course.

How many times have you met Beasley and Schoebel to pass this judgement !

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I still hold out hope that they can inject him into the playoff game plan... He's not a bad guy, but I understand why people are taking jabs at him. He's just misunderstood, probably sharper than he portrays. Yet, he does deserve to be needled for the fuss he's causing. 

Inject? Jabs? Sharper? Needled?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Beasley wants another word with Micah. Doesn’t look like he’s happy the team just won their 4th straight to claim the AFCE -or even care..

juss sayin’

And you determined this from .75 seconds of him being on camera?  I have never seen a fan base so ready to run a player out of town that they will fabricate and misinterpret things to force fit a narrative. 

Maybe he just got done with a celebratory pom pom and backflip routine before that second of video.  And if that were the case, he would be getting flamed on this board for trying to draw too much attention to himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

And you determined this from .75 seconds of him being on camera?  I have never seen a fan base so ready to run a player out of town that they will fabricate and misinterpret things to force fit a narrative. 

Maybe he just got done with a celebratory pom pom and backflip routine before that second of video.  And if that were the case, he would be getting flamed on this board for trying to draw too much attention to himself.

However on the flip side....

If you read through the comments it's amazing the lengths that Beasley supporters are going to to justify any and all behaviors from him with the same limited knowledge of the situation that they accuse others on the opposite side of...not just here but over the course of the season as well.

Almost like it has basically nothing to do with his actions (or lack thereof of...depending on your stance) and more to do with where people land on the vax standpoint. And that applies to both sides. 

Both the ProCole and AntiCole vroups can be readily accused of mental gymnastics. It's almost like this is just the society we live in today. Right and wrong isn't an absolute. It's more about being able to brush off and justify why someone from "your side" is right and the other side is completely at fault. And that's why America is broken.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

However on the flip side....

If you read through the comments it's amazing the lengths that Beasley supporters are going to to justify any and all behaviors from him...not just here but over the course of the season as well).

Almost like it has basically nothing to do with his actions (or lack thereof of...depending on your stance) and more to do with where people land on the vax standpoint. And that applies to both sides. 

Both the ProCole and AntiCole vroups can be readily accused of mental gymnastics. It's almost like this is just the society we live in today. Right and wrong isn't an absolute. It's more about being able to brush off and justify why someone from "your side" is right and the other side is completely at fault. And that's why America is broken.

They won’t even address the selfishness/distraction issue.  Just pretend it’s not a thing.  Won’t engage with it or respond to it at all, even though it’s THE issue with him, not his personal medical decision.

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They won’t even address the selfishness/distraction issue.  Just pretend it’s not a thing.  Won’t engage with it or respond to it at all, even though it’s THE issue with him, not his personal medical decision.

Well, I am on record here of saying there's more going on in that locker room then there has been in years past. Team doesn't look as close as they have in years past. Pure speculation on my part, however there are signs there that I see that are cause for question. 

Why that may (or may not) be is unknown for sure...but I think after the season we will hear a story or 2.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Beasley wants another word with Micah. Doesn’t look like he’s happy the team just won their 4th straight to claim the AFCE -or even care..

juss sayin’

Maybe he was apologizing.  Hey sorry about my outburst.....  We will know after the year is over.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe he ran up to McD and said: "I just saved an interception!  WhyTF are you throwing it downfield into a gale!"

Anyway... Check out when Josh leaves field,  the official lady.  #53.  SEE what her hair is doing.  That's what Josh was throwing into.  Maybe Josh was trying to hit the man downfield didn't seem like Beasley was going for it , up over his head until the Jets player knocked it, then Beasley broke it up... Strange.

Strange that if Josh was attempting to thread it in downfield he would do it shifting out of pocket off his back foot into gale force winds...

Maybe it didn't have enough "mustard"... I highly recommend slowing the video down when Josh was leaving field, take a look at Ref's hair... Like a flag flying! 

Not defending Cole, but he saved a pick!

Was he running to McD or JA? Can't tell... The damn score banner is in the way!

I know they needed 14 BUT... And that's a big BUTT!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This coaching staffs obsession of playing Beasley over Mckenzie will be the determent of this season.

I have no idea why Beasley comes back, and McKenzie goes back to get few opportunities.  Not sure what more McKenzie could have shown in NE.  This team lacks what he gives on a consistent basis.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

How do you know there is an issue with him? Are you in the locker room? Do you talk to any of the players or coaches? I’ve never seen or read any reports of him being a cancer in the locker room.

I think his personal decisions are fueling your anger towards him. That’s fine, just be honest about it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.