2nd and 3rd quarter…….we should’ve been a run 1st offense

streetkings01

Just now, Dopey said:

According to Pro Football Reference, we've scored the 3rd most points of ANY team in the league!! 3rd guys, 3rd!

What the hell are any of you complaining about?!? What more do you want?!?

While I'm at it, we're #1 in points against too! 

IMO,  any complainer is a dumb@$$!

Phew, that felt good!

Consistency.

Just because the total points scored is high, it doesnt say anything about the pace or deviation of how those points were put up.

This offense seems so feast or famine. We are either rolling, or putting on a clown show, no in between. A big part of that is playcalling and not allowing our O to play to its strengths or develop a rhythm.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Consistency.

Just because the total points scored is high, it doesnt say anything about the pace or deviation of how those points were put up.

This offense seems so feast or famine. We are either rolling, or putting on a clown show, no in between. A big part of that is playcalling and not allowing our O to play to its strengths or develop a rhythm.

Consistency is right.   This team should have half the losses they do (6).  If they play up to their abilities they can take the whole thing.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

Consistency is right.   This team should have half the losses they do (6).  If they play up to their abilities they can take the whole thing.  

Simply kicking 1 FG per quarter would have beat the Jags and avoided the worst loss in recent franchise history, and we couldnt even pull that off.

Glad we are having general success, but need to get that stuff fixed.

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Can the Colts and us just agree to switch home stadiums next year?

If we do that, then we probably won't be enjoying the advantage that comes with opponents who only put up only 5 total passing yards against us a week after putting up 224 total passing yards vs. the Super Bowl champ Bucs. 

Edited by dave mcbride

32 minutes ago, Dopey said:

According to Pro Football Reference, we've scored the 3rd most points of ANY team in the league!! 3rd guys, 3rd!

Phew, that felt good!

It was a 13-10 going into the 4th because the play caller was calling the game as if we were in sunny Miami on a Saturday afternoon instead of cold windy Buffalo in the evening. We’re officially in one and done games…..can’t afford to make stupid mistakes like deep throws into the wind!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The way they were throwing to Davis I believe they were trying to hit bonus money. Probably messed up their rhythm.

Davis was bad yesterday. We need him this week to be the beast that he is

14 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

It was obvious the wind was an issue. If we ran more in the 2nd & 3rd quarter against the wind this game wouldn’t have been close.

Josh Allen w/ the wind: 12/15 122 yds 2 TD
Josh Allen against wind: 12/30 117 yds 

I’d say the wind did more to neutralize our offense in quarters 2 & 3 than the Jets defense did. Daboll has to do a better job when it comes to bad weather games.

Or maybe shorter passes that can equate to running the ball. Some quick outs or curl patterns that Josh can throw to the body of receivers instead of trying to lead them 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Phew, that felt good!

Learn football, than you'll understand

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Phew, that felt good!

They’re also the #1 ranked defense but we all know they struggle against the run.

13 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Posted this elsewhere but think Allen needs to learn to take something off the fastball.  It may be OK in September an October, but with a wet, cold, hard ball coupled with a receivers wet cold hands just doesn't work well.   There were a number of dripped passes too.   But hard to say if Allen did take something off on some of those passes, would he have been able to get the ball to where it needed to get to?

Problem is, that fastball is able to cut through the wind easily. If he takes it off, I bet the wind affects it a lot more. 

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They’re also the #1 ranked defense but we all know they struggle against the run.

Soooo, let's just find things to B word about.  Do you realize how hard it is to score a TD vs. this defense? Anyone that wants perfection, well, keep on bitching. Sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. What are y'all so pissed about? Shoveling snow?!? Not getting some from your wife?!? Move to a warmer climate. Divorce her. Do something to cheer up. And alcohol isn't the answer. Cheers and Let's Go Bills!!

I'm old school, but my philosophy is that when a team is giving you the run game, you take complete advantage of it........you run that stable till it pukes.....pepper in some passing plays here and there, shore up the trenches and you got yourself a game, my friends.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.