Any other degenerates sign up for NYS On line betting?

Albany,n.y.

Chiefs crushed me last night. Had them in multiple teasers betting the line down to -5. I didn't mind when it looked like the Bills might get the #2 seed but to have all  my teasers and parlays  blown up before the Sunday early games AND not get the #2 seed. That is like being kicked when you are down. The joys of gambling on the NFL! For the year I am up about $50 and that's where I'll leave it for this season. 

My worst beat for the season so far was the Jonathan Taylor TD to close out the Patriots. Just trying to get a first down to run the clock out and he breaks it for a 70 yard TD.  I had the Patriots in a 6 team teaser and that was the only one that didn't hit. Cost be around $200. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Chiefs crushed me last night. Had them in multiple teasers betting the line down to -5. I didn't mind when it looked like the Bills might get the #2 seed but to have all  my teasers and parlays  blown up before the Sunday early games AND not get the #2 seed. That is like being kicked when you are down. The joys of gambling on the NFL! For the year I am up about $50 and that's where I'll leave it for this season. 

My worst beat for the season so far was the Jonathan Taylor TD to close out the Patriots. Just trying to get a first down to run the clock out and he breaks it for a 70 yard TD.  I had the Patriots in a 6 team teaser and that was the only one that didn't hit. Cost be around $200. 

Ouch.  I was watching that Taylor run thinking that it would suck to have bet the pats that game.  I had colts ML

24 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Are they taking it from the bettors or the bookie's profits?

OK, but are winning bettors expected to declare the profits?

It's 51% of gross revenues of all 9 companies.  It's 51% of the 7.5% "hold" online companies take on all wagers.

All gambling winnings are taxable as regular income.  Legit online gambling sites are supposed to report winnings of an individual over $12K.

17 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

cocaine and strippers ?

hookers and blow are hot dogs and apple pie...

8 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I have a question for those who bet.  How do you address that in your budget?  Do you just budget for what you put down as an expense, and any winnings are just extra income?

Exactly.  Same as in poker, you make sure your bankroll is an amount of money that doesn't hurt your personal finances if you lose it all.  Entertainment expense with a solid chance of profit.

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I need to figure if I can drive to NYS (I live 20 min away from border in VT) and place bets.  I’m assuming it’s based on your phone’s geolocation.

I'm not sure about that since you have to give them your address.  If you have an out of state address, they may not accept your application.  

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Exactly.  Same as in poker, you make sure your bankroll is an amount of money that doesn't hurt your personal finances if you lose it all.  Entertainment expense with a solid chance of profit.

Yep. With my case i have been lucky enough that I have not had to make a deposit in a few years. Keep your bets to around 1% of your bank roll and you can ride out the lows and then when you get on a hot streak hopefully get back to your starting balance or even more. 

This season I have consistently been betting the following each week:

5% on 6team teasers

1% on a 6 to 8 team teaser

1% on a 5 team parlay

What ever one does I would suggest being as consistent as you can in your percentages and what you like to bet weekly.

On Caesar's - Max $100 bet on rookies Lawrence, Wilson and Jones to each have 2 or more passing TDs.  At +3300.

I'm also betting confidently on the Jets +16.5 line and the Over on our game at 40.5.  Both are likely and it's also a nice hedge because it would be relatively hard for the combined score to be less than 41 with the Jets losing by 17.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

7 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

On Caesar's - Max $100 bet on rookies Lawrence, Wilson and Jones to each have 2 or more passing TDs.  At +3300.

I'm also betting confidently on the Jets +16.5 line and the O/U on our game at 40.5.  Both are likely and it's also a nice hedge because it would be relatively hard for the combined score to be less than 41 with the Jets losing by 17.

Are you taking the over or the under in our game? That wasn't 100% clear as I read it.

It sounds like you are taking the Jets to score a decent amount of points in this game (to cover the spread) and so you are taking the over right?

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Are you taking the over or the under in our game? That wasn't 100% clear as I read it.

It sounds like you are taking the Jets to score a decent amount of points in this game (to cover the spread) and so you are taking the over right?

Heh yeah, I realized that and edited.  Definitely taking the over.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's 51% of gross revenues of all 9 companies.  It's 51% of the 7.5% "hold" online companies take on all wagers.

All gambling winnings are taxable as regular income.  Legit online gambling sites are supposed to report winnings of an individual over $12K.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the bold. :( 

4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

This is what a smart gambler should do, but this type of thinking does not belong in a degenerate thread lol.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I have a question for those who bet.  How do you address that in your budget?  Do you just budget for what you put down as an expense, and any winnings are just extra income?

Personally.. I don't wager what I'm not willing to lose

So I obviously have some money budgeted that I could play with 

When that money's gone it's gone till I budget more of it... When I win it's just some extra pocket cash

11 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I’m also betting confidently on the Jets +16.5 line and the Over on our game at 40.5.  Both are likely and it's also a nice hedge because it would be relatively hard for the combined score to be less than 41 with the Jets losing by 17.

whoops…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.