Ideal playoff time slot?

Bills fan since 87

Thinking if Pats, they are a big draw, so then either Saturday late or Sunday.

If not NE then maybe Monday  Playing Monday leaves least prep time for following week, so if every game goes chalk the 4 seed would play the #1 the following weekend.  So from that standpoint, the 4/5 game in one of the conferences on Monday makes the best sense to me from a competitive standpoint as would be fairer than say having the 2 seed play on a short week. 

Looks like in the NFC the 4/5 game could be Dallas V Arizona rematch. Don't think they'd want to waste Dallas on a Monday.  On the other hand ESPN may ask for a big name team like Dallas.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:10 AM, Bills fan since 87 said:

What's the best scenario for you?

I've been sitting on home playoff tickets for a couple weeks.  I absolutley dread that Monday night playoff game.  It would interfere with work just as Im taking on a new role.  Id have to leave work early and drive back to Roch that night with a 7am meeting the next day.

Give me 1pm on sunday or 4pm on saturday!

Are you seriously complaining, in advance, about when a game might be played? I’ve lived long enough, I’ve now seen everything.

Edited by Beerball
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Are you seriously complaining, in advance, about when a game might be played? I’ve lived long enough, I’ve now seen everything.

You must be A) Not going to the playoff game B) Don't have a long drive if you are  C) Don't work or D) Have not seen all that much in your lifetime

Go Bills

• Haha (+1) 1

If it is Pats vs Bills on Monday night, which seems likely, I think it is ideal for the Bills and great entertainment.  Josh has mostly been a big time night game performer, it would be an insane environment, and great fun for the fans.  Suck it up OP. A real Bills fan would call in sick regardless of what is scheduled.   Gotta take one for the team.  The best ability is availability.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

If it is Pats vs Bills on Monday night, which seems likely, I think it is ideal for the Bills and great entertainment.  Josh has mostly been a big time night game performer, it would be an insane environment, and great fun for the fans.  Suck it up OP. A real Bills fan would call in sick regardless of what is scheduled.   Gotta take one for the team.  The best ability is availability.  

Never said I wouldnt go! Ive been waiting since, well 1987 to go to a home playoff game.

first game Saturday. I want us to win and get it out of the way so I can get drunk and enjoy the rest of the games.

Definitely not Monday

On 1/4/2022 at 11:20 PM, DrDare said:

Manning Bros already said they want Bills Patriots in their Manningcast

This might actually have some pull

Start thinking Monday Night

If the game is in Buffalo the NFL might worry about bad weather and the Pats running it all game again

(13) Howard WGR on Twitter: "Which potential route to the AFC Championship game would you prefer for the Bills? 4 seed and play NE and at Ten 3 seed vs IND/LV/LAC and at KC" / Twitter

Give me the #4 seed. Prefer going to TEN in Rd 2. Bills fans invade that stadium and make it seem like a home game anyway. But in the end whoever they play I will be screaming my head off rooting for them. If that means at KC in Rd 2 then so be it.

I think it will depend on the opponent. If we end up with the Raiders, I think we get the first game Saturday at 4pm. If we get the Patriots, I think we get the Monday night game. I don't want Monday night in the playoffs at all. If we get the Colts, I think it's one of the Sunday games

7 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I’m indifferent on our path as far as seeding goes. Going to have to beat a few good teams in a row regardless of seed.

I am dreading getting the MNF wildcard game though. Please give us any other time slot. 

Why? Josh beats them cakes in prime time

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Why? Josh beats them cakes in prime time

Selfish reasons. Already going to be cold, give me the 1pm Sunday game to at least have a chance of some sun out and slightly warmer temps. Monday will also be hardest to coordinate tailgating with my groups work schedules.

I’ll have fun either way, but if I had a vote give me Sunday at 1:00

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Selfish reasons. Already going to be cold, give me the 1pm Sunday game to at least have a chance of some sun out and slightly warmer temps. Monday will also be hardest to coordinate tailgating with my groups work schedules.

I hear ya. For selfish reasons I want the SNF game

It always ends up depending on whether or not the bills win or lose. Bills win give me the 1 PM Saturday game because then you get to enjoy all the other games. But if the bills are going to lose I would rather it be the Sunday or Monday night game.

Bills have gotten the 1 PM Saturday time slot two consecutive years now I believe. I think if we end up drawing the patriots I don’t see them putting us in the 1 PM Saturday slot.

Anyone know if the Monday night winner could be forced to play as early as the following Saturday? That would be a huge disadvantage. But I think the NFL would have to somehow find a way to make sure the Monday night winner plays Sunday.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I am hoping for Saturday at 4:30. If they win then you can sit back and watch all the other playoff games nice and relaxed knowing the Bills have already advanced. Of course if they lose then that will suck. But at home on WC weekend I think the Bills will win no matter who they play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.