*[EDIT]* Multiple reports Browns actively shopping Mayfield pg. 29/30 - Ravens / Browns in QB contract pickle

Inigo Montoya

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

No I deal in facts my friend, despite the rampant homerism here and in Bills mafia's heads in general there's a reason why Allen wasn't voted to the probowl this year and that reason was pretty much on full display against a terrible Falcons team and defense.

Josh is a good QB, that's not the issue. But there's nothing about at this point in time that says he's truly elite and worth being the highest paid QB in the NFL especially with such woeful inconsistency coming off a great game in NE and then having one of the worst of his career at home against a pathetic team and defense. To be elite you have to play at that level consistently. Not have a few great games sandwiched between multiple clunkers or just average outings over the course of  16+ game campaign.

Now if he has a season like 2020 or better next year, or better yet delivers a SB appearance/win this year then obviously myself and other critics are dead wrong but until then the fact say he's simply that not the guy some fans want to believe he is. But then again there are very few of them in this league to begin with outside of Brady/Mahomes/Rogers/etc.

Fact: Allen is second in the league in total TDs.  Thats enough to show you are nothing but a BS spewer.  Now go shut your pie hole puppy.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

You are a really bad troll. 

Because I don't engage in mindless idol worship over our starting QB and actually pay attention to what's happening around the rest of the league?

What's hilarious is some of you obviously didn't just watch the same game I did where Allen had 3 INT's against the worst passing defense in the league and Nathan Peterman type QB rating and he was essentially shut down in the 2nd half in terms of the playcalling by Daboll/McD. Against even a mediorce team like the Steelers that's a loss, but that's right they already beat us too with Allen not playing well in that game either.

Man some of you need to step back and simply be objective. Again Allen is fine, but he's not the guy some of you want to try so hard to believe he is....not yet anyway.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Because I don't engage in mindless idol worship over our starting QB and actually pay attention to what's happening around the rest of the league?

What's hilarious is some of you obviously didn't just watch the same game I did where Allen had 3 INT's against the worst passing defense in the league and Nathan Peterman type QB rating and he was essentially shut down in the 2nd half in terms of the playcalling by Daboll/McD. Against even a mediorce team like the Steelers that's a loss, but that's right they already beat us too with Allen not playing well in that game either.

Man some of you need to step back and simply be objective. Again Allen is fine, but he's not the guy some of you want to try so hard to believe he is....not yet anyway.

Are you intentionally trying to be funny here?

29 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Okay, you give Jackson and Huntley the keys to the same team at the start of the season, how many more wins is Jackson honestly going to produce over Huntley? I mean he just lost to GB by 1 with two rushing TDs and he’s 23 haha. It’s not even a hard choice here. 

Minimum 3.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

the very fact you took the few minutes to write a reply like this shows how little you value your time.  every year that passes, josh's contract will look better and better.  you deserve the flack you get on this board.  but for that matter, i'm pretty sure the attention is what you're after in the first place.

This is just your opinion and conjecture, wishful thinking really. And that's fine obviously.

But again, none of us really know that right now and if Allen pisses all over himself again in the playoffs like has in most other PO games except for IND the criticism will be magnified especially by the national media and expert talking heads, let alone fans on this forum.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Jackson was carrying the Ravens and they were 8-3 with him healthy which shows he was not only an MVP candidate but top QB in the conference.

And he did most of this with him arm this year vs being a 'running QB'.

Obviously if Allen got hurt the Bills would also be in a world of trouble but the league obviously feels he's not the main reason the team is any good especially with the #1 overall ranked defense.

Jackson 16 TDs 13 Ints with his arm. 2 games over 300 yards.  2 games under 200 yards. 4 games with multiple INTs one of which was a 4 INT game against the Browns. 2 games out of 11 with more than 1 TD.  Great job carrying a team.  Allen is the QB that carried the team all year.  You're one of two things.  A complete idiot or a troll.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You need to learn how to read information... correctly.

When you are the only one who thinks you are right it's most likely b.c you are wrong. 

Aren't you the same guy who kept saying the Dolphins were the best team in the AFC East b.c they went on a winning streak?

It was you!!

So great to add this pile of ***** thread to your list of garbage. It's reasons like this why I am not worried that you think you're right b.c you always end up wrong.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes see above post, especially since their season has cratered without him and Jackson was carrying an injury ravaged team to the best record in the conference through the first 2/3rd of the season.

Lamar was 7-3 through 10 games.  Allen was 6-4.  Whooptie dooo.  Yeah they cratered because of Jackson.  Through games with Jackson 25 ppg.  Games without Jackson 24.3 ppg.  Huge crater on offense there.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Jackson 16 TDs 13 Ints with his arm. 2 games over 300 yards.  2 games under 200 yards. 4 games with multiple INTs one of which was a 4 INT game against the Browns. 2 games out of 11 with more than 1 TD.  Great job carrying a team.  Allen is the QB that carried the team all year.  You're one of two things.  A complete idiot or a troll.  

I’m not sure how anyone can look at Jackson’s stats and claim he had even a good season, much less a pro bowl season.  An almost 1:1 TD:TO ratio is low-end starting QB territory. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes see above post, especially since their season has cratered without him and Jackson was carrying an injury ravaged team to the best record in the conference through the first 2/3rd of the season.

Ravens last 5 games with LamaRB: 19.2 ppg

Ravens in 5 games with Tyler Huntley and Josh Johnson: 21.6 ppg

GTFOH

• Like (+1) 4

41 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still think the Bills made a mistake in resigning Allen so quickly because they could have had him much cheaper based on this year's regression and current production

How much cheaper? 

He still is and is still playing like a top 3 QB… 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I’m not sure how anyone can look at Jackson’s stats and claim he had even a good season, much less a pro bowl season.  An almost 1:1 TD:TO ratio is low-end starting QB territory. 

Lamar played like garbage this season.  Just about every game.  The only reason its over looked is he had some last second drives for wins in almost all of them.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You just watch though at the beginning of next season we will hear about these huge threats for the Super Bowl that the Browns and the ravens are it happens every year despite the fact that they draft ahead of us every year

having said that how do you not give those QBs contracts when it is so hard to find just a serviceable one? You might see hold outs from the QBs because they think they’re worth is more than what the teams want to offer then eventually they will meet in the middle

Wow, can you imagine paying a 1/4 billion dollars for a "serviceable" QB? Ouch.

When I see the Browns, I imagine they wished they had taken Josh at #1.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is just your opinion and conjecture, wishful thinking really. And that's fine obviously.

But again, none of us really know that right now and if Allen pisses all over himself again in the playoffs like has in most other PO games except for IND the criticism will be magnified especially by the national media and expert talking heads, let alone fans on this forum.

If he keeps this type of production up year after year, his contract will absolutely be worth it.  You can bang to drum all day if you want concerning the falcons game, but just was still the reason this team won.  

the frightening thing is that I’m not sure you’re actually trolling anymore.  This just may be the way you think. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

How much cheaper? 

He still is and is still playing like a top 3 QB… 

This is what's debatable.

For me (right now) Allen falls somewhere in the top 7 - 12 QB's in the league, so that's where you'd have to aggregate salary expectations.

I get that Beane rolled the dice on this move, but it could backfire in a major way and bury this franchise if Allen peaked last year under the weird covid/empy stadium season and 2021 numbers may be the best we ever see from him again.

I think what is also missing is that he has to move on from the type of games we saw on Sunday. You simply can't follow up a great performance against a playoff team with what he showed on Sunday against the Falcons which was a rookie type of outing. And all of the local/nation media have said the same thing which is all I'm saying as well.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

If he keeps this type of production up year after year, his contract will absolutely be worth it.  You can bang to drum all day if you want concerning the falcons game, but just was still the reason this team won.  

the frightening thing is that I’m not sure you’re actually trolling anymore.  This just may be the way you think. 

But the point is Allens 2021 production is not elite/top 3 in the league or conference.

Allen needs to produce at 2020 levels or better the rest of his career and/or win a championship for it to be justified. Obviously most of us would take the latter if that's the case.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

But the point is Allens 2021 production is not elite/top 3 in the league or conference.

Allen needs to produce at 2020 levels or better the rest of his career and/or win a championship for it to be justified. Obviously most of us would take the latter if that's the case.

If Allen remains this continually productive and has the bills in the sb hunt year after year, the contract is worth it and you know it. 

every year Josh’s production is going to ebb and tide based on a number of factors.  It doesn’t have to be 2020 or bust every single season.   We could see the case where there’s a down year statistically, but the bills make it to the sb.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

If Allen remains this continually productive and has the bills in the sb hunt year after year, the contract is worth it and you know it. 

every year Josh’s production is going to ebb and tide based on a number of factors.  It doesn’t have to be 2020 or bust every single season.   We could see the case where there’s a down year statistically, but the bills make it to the sb.  

Yes this is a different perspective which I pretty much just acknowleged.

It's not like Kelly was leading the league in passing every year the Bills made it to the SB, albeit a much different era. I guess my concern though is with so much money tied up in Allen he will truly need to carry the team some years when we aren't going to have some of the players we do now at key positions and/or lose other good players in FA.

I'm really eager to see what this team does in the playoffs because they are either going to validate the theory that regular season doesn't necessarily matter or prove they are exactly what we saw, particularly in games against good physical dline/oline. But at the end of the day the Bills paid Allen to deliver in the playoffs, right or wrong.

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.