Donating in Taskers Name (HOF snub again)

TheNorwoodStrangler

Everyone knows Tasker deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. It has been a uphill climb because of the position he played and the names ahead of him.

As the last donation of 2021 Bills fans on twitter started donating $8.90 to the Child and Family Services of Buffalo New York. 

Tasker mentioned this charity in 2020 on 716 day. Lets show him our support!

https://cfsbny.org/

• Like (+1) 2

I found my Wallet but the credit cards have expired...damn

But....but... I will find a way to donate.

Steve got screwed again. It just ain't right

What I really want is a Billboard off the I-90 with a picture of Tasker

image.png.69a9fab5bb455fdf9b62eebaea328531.png

STEVE TASKER GOT SCREWED BY CANTON  HOF INCOMPETENCE

7 time ALL- Pro

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

If Hester gets in, then Tasker should also.

If Hester gets in... I would say the Hall of Fame is quickly sliding down the slope the Pro Bowl took to the land of complete irrelevance.  

The biggest issue I see is the league has to induct a certain number of people every year whether they have anyone that deserves it or not.   Not every player that had a standout season or 3 should be in the hall of fame. 

Tasker should be in before anyone on the current finalists list. 

I think this was his last year of regular eligibility. Now he’s left with the gratuitous senior category, for all the guys that fell through the cracks.

I think the thing that hurt Tasker the most was he didn’t score a lot of special teams TDs.    The guys that have made it so far had a lot of points (kickers) and TDs (returners). Tasker wasn’t all that well known nationally because of his lack of splash, highlight plays. 

He was basically a gunner who also blocked some kicks. 

Edited by WotAGuy

He didn’t even have as many special teams tackles as Mark Pike who was on his own team. I think it’s nice that he was a valuable special teams player but it also highlights how people around here are so biased. If it was meant to be it would have happened by now. The “legacy” hall of famers are 2nd/3rd rate or they’d already have gotten in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

50 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I think this was his last year of regular eligibility. Now he’s left with the gratuitous senior category, for all the guys that fell through the cracks.

I think the thing that hurt Tasker the most was he didn’t score a lot of special teams.  The guys that have made it so far had a lot of points (kickers) and TDs (returners). Tasker wasn’t all that well known nationally because of his lack of splash, highlight plays. 

He literally changed the way the game was played and effectively caused rule changes to occur.

Not sure how many players you could legitimately say that about but it's probably not more than a few handfuls.

Just now, Big Turk said:

He literally changed the way the game was played and effectively caused rule changes to occur.

Not sure how many players you could legitimately say that about but it's probably not more than a few handfuls.

Agreed. But it was 25 years ago and many of the voters use today’s stats to compare older players and Tasker’s stats don’t stand out. I think he belongs in the HOF; but so much depends on the presentations being made by representatives and maybe he hasn’t had the most persuasive advocates. 

57 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Agreed. But it was 25 years ago and many of the voters use today’s stats to compare older players and Tasker’s stats don’t stand out. I think he belongs in the HOF; but so much depends on the presentations being made by representatives and maybe he hasn’t had the most persuasive advocates. 

which ones?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

which ones?

Exactly. He really doesn’t have any that you can point to and say “That’s a HOFer”. I think the reason why Hester got in was all the TDs he scored. Taskers doesn’t have those on his resume. Apparently the voters repeatedly did not value his other resume attributes enough. 

10 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Exactly. He really doesn’t have any that you can point to and say “That’s a HOFer”. I think the reason why Hester got in was all the TDs he scored. Taskers doesn’t have those on his resume. Apparently the voters repeatedly did not value his other resume attributes enough. 

Yeah, making a few tackles a week on returns isn't going to move the needle.  Returners have a more obvious impact, even kickers.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I think the thing that hurt Tasker the most was he didn’t score a lot of special teams TDs.    The guys that have made it so far had a lot of points (kickers) and TDs (returners). Tasker wasn’t all that well known nationally because of his lack of splash, highlight plays. 

He was well known throughout NFL and even made national magazine covers.

He was known by all coaches and many NFL players - ask Tim Brown and Dieon Sanders.

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Many of the voters are die hard "Special Teams players are not really football players" types like some posters.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Tainted T*m and Tuck rule.

v4-460px-Use-Tucks-Pads-for-Hemorrhoids-

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

The problem is number of snaps played.  It's just not that much compared to regular offensive or defensive players.

That is what John Clayton has brought up more than once when talking about how he doesn't see Tasker as a HOFer.

And he's on the voting committee and talks to all the voters behind closed doors, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

This is from the "ABOUT US" section at the pro football HOF website:

"An exhilarating museum and attraction, the Hall of Fame pays tribute to the talents and triumphs of pro football’s greatest legends. Chronicled within the walls of the Hall of Fame are the stories and circumstances of play that bring to life words such as courage, dedication, vision, fair play, integrity and excellence."

The HOF is supposed to be a repository of the greatest names that have played the sport, so that they won't be forgotten through the passage of time.

Is Steve Tasker one of the handful of extra special stories from the '80s and '90s NFL that needs to be told?  

Is your football education deficient without knowing about Tasker's accomplishments on special teams in that era?

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The problem is number of snaps played.  It's just not that much compared to regular offensive or defensive players.

That is what John Clayton has brought up more than once when talking about how he doesn't see Tasker as a HOFer.

And he's on the voting committee and talks to all the voters behind closed doors, etc.

Hester averaged slightly over 1 TD per year he played.

I truly can not believe he is potentially a first ballot HOF'er.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.