Looks like the Jets will be getting a lot of games in the UK

Greg S

(8) Rich Cimini on Twitter: "#Jets have been awarded international marketing rights to the United Kingdom, team announces. The UK will be their "second home," which means a big Jets presence in the UK, where owner Woody Johnson served as US ambassador. Sounds like they could have future games in the UK." / Twitter

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

We must really hate them. We kicked their ass in 1776 and now we give them the Jets. If the Bills get scheduled to play there then that makes for a cool road trip.

It’s a great road trip. The fans there are very excited for NFL football. But, it’s the city that makes a difference. So many great things to see and do. Free museums and galleries are always a treat. Pub culture is fun and food is the best. Borough Market is a food heaven and Portobello Market is always good times.

18 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Rich Cimini on Twitter: "#Jets have been awarded international marketing rights to the United Kingdom,

Does this mean that NYC can ship their garbage across the pond and not transport most of it Upstate?  Cheerio I say!

• Haha (+1) 2

This International announcement must be just toothless PR junk.

BUF is not with Canada. Vikes are (yaw, ya knuw Saskatchewan, eh). I expect BUF has the highest ratio of foreign fans of any team….

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/15/nfl-awards-international-marketing-rights-in-eight-countries-to-18-teams/

Edited by Since1981

30 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The greedy scumbags who own this league would love nothing more than to make the NFL internationally as popular as it is in the USA.

Why make billions when you can make hundreds of billions?

👎

It's a novelty entertainment business, not a government institution, not a financial institution. They're an entertainment business whose goal is to make as much money as possible. This shouldn't be a surprise or an issue.

32 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

BUF is not with Canada. Vikes are (yaw, ya knuw Saskatchewan, eh). I expect BUF has the highest ratio of foreign fans of any team….

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/15/nfl-awards-international-marketing-rights-in-eight-countries-to-18-teams/

I suspect Terry and Kim told the league to cool it wrt the Bills and Canada while the stadium negotiations are underway.  Ralph really soiled the punch bowl with the Toronto adventure.

43 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I met a bunch of Canadians in Mexico last week.  Of course I was sporting my Bills gear.  They said most folks are Sea Chicken or Bills fans there.  They were all rooting for the Bills to beat the *Pats alas it didn't work out, but still.  Go Bills!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.