Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

From what I gather, and this could be wrong there's a lot of conflicting info, it looks like maybe Russian ministry of def attacked Wagner.  Now Wagners going nuts and going after Moscow. 

Hard to believe.   Not sure what's true.

https://twitter.com/FordJohnathan5/status/1672344871112253440?t=5op1m-d80Zhsv1kalxMX2A&s=19

This twitter account has his manifesto. Backtrack through it and you should be able to find it all.

Wagner's saying from what I've seen, that this is more a mutiny than a rebellion. Or a military strike, like what happened in France and Germany in 1917-1918.

They want grievances addressed, or so they say, then they'll head back to the front.

Ukraine's probing Russian lines around Bakhmut with a couple Marine brigades. My guess is they're trying to figure out what's what, and grab anything that's easy to grab.

So it could be a rebellion, it could be a mutiny, could end up being a nothingburger. Nobody's talking about ending the war, but there's still a lot left to play out. We've got the luxury of being able to watch and wait. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Today the rest of the sane world should have been able to figure out why we must support Ukraine’s fiery ordeal.

And it ain’t about “democracy.”

You should be happy if Russia is self-destructing so you can find something else to blame the Dems on!

In our new world of artificial intelligence it’s hard to know what’s real and what’s not.  The voice recording of the Wagner group leader is something that could be easily have been fabricated and just be misinformation.  

the video of the reported missile attack doesn’t look very convincing and the damage looks minimal.  It all seems like something to get the Russians panicked and now maybe Ukraine does go for the big counter attack.  Going to be interesting.  If a full blow civil war happens in Russia who knows how that plays out but i error on the side of caution until we get more info

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

In our new world of artificial intelligence it’s hard to know what’s real and what’s not.  The voice recording of the Wagner group leader is something that could be easily have been fabricated and just be misinformation.  

the video of the reported missile attack doesn’t look very convincing and the damage looks minimal.  It all seems like something to get the Russians panicked and now maybe Ukraine does go for the big counter attack.  Going to be interesting.  If a full blow civil war happens in Russia who knows how that plays out but i error on the side of caution until we get more info

Yup. The other thing being posted by the sources in this thread are: there's no video of Wagner columns on the roads, and there's no videos of Russian v Russian combat. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mynamemike said:

You're right.  It's crazy.  This could all be fake.  I'm waiting to hear more because it's huge news potentially.   

Russia is an extremely f'd up country as evidenced by their complete lack of self control during war time (likely condoned from high up).  If it is a civil war, big if, it will likely be an historic event.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I agree, I’m very skeptical. I don’t trust a lot of these “war reporter” accounts no matter what side they’re on.

an old professor of mine was (is) an expert Ukrainian/Balkan studies so stuff he retweets I trust pretty well, but that’s about it

Edited by Roundybout
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Thanks for the link but I’m not joining anything with Ian Miles Cheong in it 

It’s moderated by Mario Nawfal, who does a great job with these spaces. 

There are folks from both sides of the debate in there and they’re mostly focusing on news reports / speculation coming in. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Do we want a coup in Russia?

Honest question. 

I mean, I know our leaders do .. that’s obvious. 

We’ve certainly had our fair share of regime change … when has it turned out for the better?

Prighozin has already stated that he wants Ukraine - He’s reportedly more hawkish in regards to this war than Putin .. so it’s not like he’s going to take out Putin and then leave Ukraine alone.  

We would then have a wild card government in charge of Russia with access to nukes. 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

🎯

Tell us why you prefer Prighozin to Putin. .. because I’m assuming you know nothing about him. 

Do you and William know that he’s more hawkish on demolishing Ukraine than Putin?

• Like (+1) 1

Wow

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/feud-between-moscow-wagner-group-214329810.html

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Tell us why you prefer Prighozin to Putin. .. because I’m assuming you know nothing about him. 

Do you and William know that he’s more hawkish on demolishing Ukraine than Putin?

It means Russian instability and weakness.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

👆🤡👇