Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Suddenly it's not so TOOL OF PUTIN-ish to notice some Ukrainians getting very rich

59c813d2-fe99-45bb-adb8-6993e9f28f7a-450

Well, knock ME over with a feather! It wasn’t that long ago that one of Tucker Carlson’s biggest failings – I mean hammer him unmercifully complaints – was that he was a TOOL OF PUTIN for having the temerity to question where billions upon billions upon billions of U.S. taxpayers dollars were going in relation to the spigot of cash headed to Zelensky and Ukraine.

“How DARE you?!” they cried. “Democracy is UNDER ATTACK – We must DEFEND IT AT ALL COST!!” And when he pretty rightfully asked were we defending democracy or enriching a dictator and his oligarch friends in the meantime, the sputtered indignation at his treacherous query knew no bounds. Why should there be any sort of accounting for so noble a cause? I mean, look – Zelensky lives in fatigue trousers and wooly pully sweaters – he’s practically a war hero himself! Of course those billions and bazillions are in the best and purest of trustworthy hands.

If they stayed in those hands. But no one could tell anyone if they did. And you sure as Schlitz weren’t allowed to ask, you spreader of Russian propaganda!!

A year ago May, Kentucky’s Senator Rand Paul was pilloried in the press and by both parties for putting the brakes on one of the first big aid packages to Ukraine, for simply wanting an accounting method designated to track where the billions were going. He “defied” leaders.

Much more at the link:  

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2023/05/24/suddenly-its-not-so-tool-of-putin-ish-to-notice-some-ukrainians-getting-very-rich-n553041

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes 

Had to google it and it seems like their is a lot of conflicting information about that incident.

https://www.newsweek.com/ukrainian-drone-russian-ship-ivan-khurs-black-sea-sevastopol-crimea-1802857

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2023/05/russian-intelligence-ship-seemingly-hit-by-ukrainian-usv/

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wagner-chiefs-feud-with-russian-military-cracks-putins-image-of-control-488ac37

This is a dangerous time for Putin, and a dangerous time for the world.

Given the ineptitude and lack of morale in the regular Russian military, Putin outsourced the hard work to a thoroughly corrupt mercenary group, Wagner.

He's created a monster that he can't control now. Is Prigozhin gunning for his job as dictator of Russia? Or just trying to make Putin his puppet? It doesn't seem to be a feud orchestrated for foreign observers since there would be no apparent benefit to Putin by exposing him as weak and ineffective.

And what does Prigozhin think the remedy is? About 4 years of a North Korea style dictatorship.

Can't make this crap up.

The attack on Ukraine has accomplished two things:

- it has revealed (just like the events of the collapse of the Soviet Union 32 years ago) how dysfunctional the Russian state really is, including their much-feared military prowess. Finland, Poland, the Baltics: all of them may rest assured that the chances of being overrun by Russian land forces are basically nil.

- it has also revealed that Putin's stranglehold on Russian institutions may not be as strong as we thought. That's paradoxically dangerous in the short term: he could be willing to escalate with nuclear weapons in a desperate attempt to hold onto power, or some even more corrupt and insane Prigozhin type could either take over or begin to exert political as well as military power.

• Like (+1) 3

I was hesitant to share this, because I thought that it surely must be taken out of context or edited, but it’s now trending on Twitter. 

If this video is accurate, my goodness…. 

He’s also been instrumental in this conflict as one of our many establishment provocateurs, using Ukraine/NATO-expansion as a pawn to help get to this point. 

Evil. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I was hesitant to share this, because I thought that it surely must be taken out of context or edited, but it’s now trending on Twitter. 

He’s also been instrumental in this conflict as one of our many establishment provocateurs, using Ukraine/NATO-expansion as a pawn to help get to this point. 

Evil. 

Not to want to defend Lindsey Graham but I can't say that clip doesn't seem like a very carefully selected very short clip of a longer conversation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Evil. 

Lol, what’s your problem with this? You think Putin’s cares his troops are getting slaughtered? 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, what’s your problem with this? You think Putin’s cares his troops are getting slaughtered? 

I care about the innocent sons and fathers being drafted into the Russian meat grinder.  

No, I don’t think Putin cares at all. 

They are just as innocent as the slaughtered Ukrainians.  Russian citizens aren’t the ones who declared war on Ukraine.    

There is nothing to celebrate here.  It’s all tragic. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I care about the innocent sons and fathers being drafted into the Russian meat grinder.  

No, I don’t think Putin cares at all. 

They are just as innocent as the slaughtered Ukrainians.  Russian citizens aren’t the ones who declared war on Ukraine.    

There is nothing to celebrate here.  It’s all tragic. 

Agreed, but those Russians are there doing a job for Putin, I have no sympathy for people pulling the triggers, firing the artillery or dropping bombs on civilians. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Agreed, but those Russians are there doing a job for Putin, I have no sympathy for people pulling the triggers, firing the artillery or dropping bombs on civilians. 

How many innocents on both sides have to die under Joe Biden’s reign? Sad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is where many of us disagree with you. Thank you for owning your position, though. Many won't.

• Like (+1) 1