Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

16 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Do Biden and Trudeau still think insulting Chinese leaders by not attending the Olympics was a good idea? 

Should we bend the knee to China? 

Most people with a backbone would say no but I guess you differ. 

47 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Do Biden and Trudeau still think insulting Chinese leaders by not attending the Olympics was a good idea? 

This is what you think of when you wake up? ....Ohhhhh....I get it...it's what your brainwash feed tells you to think......

Edited by TH3
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, TH3 said:

This is what you think of when you wake up? .

I don't know, but I am very concerned about confrontations on the International Space Station?

Maybe a symbolic lockout of the Russians from the head? 

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Playing both sides of the fence again 

It us a legit question. They had a chance of perhaps influencing the events of 30 days later, I don't live in a political support program like you, lots of blame to go around. 

42 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Should we bend the knee to China? 

Most people with a backbone would say no but I guess you differ. 

No bending a knee, but influence, opening up communication. When trump did it many people laughed. Just saying, close to you friends, closer to your enemies.

13 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

It us a legit question. They had a chance of perhaps influencing the events of 30 days later, I don't live in a political support program like you, lots of blame to go around. 

No bending a knee, but influence, opening up communication. When trump did it many people laughed. Just saying, close to you friends, closer to your enemies.

Biden did go to China for help.   He, for some reason, gave them our intelligence to try to convince them to talk Russia off the ledge.  

They ignored him and then gave our intelligence to Russia.  

China is not, and will not, be on our side.  

They are our true enemy.   Russia has European aspirations dominance.  China has global aspirations of dominance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Also not good

Russian military convoy north of Kyiv stretches for 40 miles -Maxar

Maxar Technologies (MAXR.N) also said additional ground forces deployments and ground attack helicopter units were seen in southern Belarus, less than 20 miles (32 km) north of the Ukraine border.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-military-convoy-north-kyiv-stretches-40-miles-maxar-2022-03-01/

it’s so hard to watch… half that column could be obliterated with one concerted air strike making the raid impassable if the Ukraine had any capability left at all. 

and we know once they get to Kyiv it’s over as valiantly as the people have resisted. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Biden did go to China for help.   He, for some reason, gave them our intelligence to try to convince them to talk Russia off the ledge.  

They ignored him and then gave our intelligence to Russia.  

China is not, and will not, be on our side.  

They are our true enemy.   Russia has European aspirations dominance.  China has global aspirations of dominance. 

At least you have coherent thoughts, unlike some.

Never heard of Biden and China dialoque. Face to face would be better.

We will know if your theory is correct when Ukraine is settled, is Taiwan next.

Biden should at the very least ask for a congressional resolution to use force if needed. Give him a tool to show force can be used. 

Just now, Niagara Bill said:

At least you have coherent thoughts, unlike some.

Never heard of Biden and China dialoque. Face to face would be better.

We will know if your theory is correct when Ukraine is settled, is Taiwan next.

He should also be talking to Putin. At least using the carrot of relaxing sanctions to create an off ramp for Putin. Give the clown some options aside from brute force 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden should at the very least ask for a congressional resolution to use force if needed. Give him a tool to show force can be used. 

He should also be talking to Putin. At least using the carrot of relaxing sanctions to create an off ramp for Putin. Give the clown some options aside from brute force 

If we do that, like those calling for a no-fly zone, we need to be prepared to actually use force.   Are you?

Putin will take that provocation and use it to propagandize his people of Western aggression… and then he will test us, daring us to get involved.  

The minute we get involved, we are in a World War with a nuclear power. 

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They're well on their way to accomplish that goal.  We're almost completely dependent on China for consumer goods.  They're one of the US government biggest creditors. 

And they've successfully infiltrated universities and the academic world along with the entertainment industry.  Try expressing anti-China sentiment in one of these areas.  You won't find work. 

Espionage on military and civilian technology is a standard practice.  Interestingly on a side topics, one of their operatives, a research scientist was kicked out of Canada several years ago for stealing viral samples from a research lab in Winnipeg.  Specifically, Coronavirus strains.  Patent laws are non-existent.  They've systematically built out their military capabilities on land, sea, and air.  And the country is ruled by a one-party intelligence and surveillance state.  Hong Kong has been completely absorbed and the next target is Taiwan.  

Their Belt and Road initiative in Asia is growing ever larger.  They've for all purposes colonized large parts of Africa.  And are securing long term sources of materials and oil & gas.  In the case of Russia they back Putin, sit back, and watch and wait.

In summary, they appear to have a solid plan in place and are executing it very well. 

Over the weekend I read this about the strategy called "elite capture".  Maybe an eye opener for many.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/18207/elite-capture

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If we do that, like those calling for a no-fly zone, we need to be prepared to actually use force.   Are you?

Putin will take that provocation and use it to propagandize his people of Western aggression… and then he will test us, daring us to get involved.  

The minute we get involved, we are in a World War with a nuclear power. 

Hell yes. 

I guess we do not have a nuclear deterrence now simply because it's unthinkable for us to use it? 

Putin's bombing a city and you think he will win a propaganda war? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hell yes. 

I guess we do not have a nuclear deterrence now simply because it's unthinkable for us to use it? 

Putin's bombing a city and you think he will win a propaganda war? 

Putin only cares about winning the propaganda war of his own people.   America making declarations of war towards Russia will be used by him to do so.  

And wtf… you’re not a tough guy by flexing nukes.  This isn’t a game.  

Edited by SCBills

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Putin only cares about winning the propaganda war of his own people.   America making declarations of war towards Russia will be used by him to do so.  

Sure as hell isn't a game. Kyiv is about to be leveled, thousands could be killed and we sit and watch and hope...ok 

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Putin very much wants European acceptance. He does not want isolation. 

If he wanted to just own Ukraine, he would be much less discriminate in his city bombing. Make no mistake. The cities could be getting hit worse. He’s trying to walk a line that allows Russia to return to normal economic relations. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

They're well on their way to accomplish that goal.  We're almost completely dependent on China for consumer goods.  They're one of the US government biggest creditors. 

And they've successfully infiltrated universities and the academic world along with the entertainment industry.  Try expressing anti-China sentiment in one of these areas.  You won't find work. 

Espionage on military and civilian technology is a standard practice.  Interestingly on a side topics, one of their operatives, a research scientist was kicked out of Canada several years ago for stealing viral samples from a research lab in Winnipeg.  Specifically, Coronavirus strains.  Patent laws are non-existent.  They've systematically built out their military capabilities on land, sea, and air.  And the country is ruled by a one-party intelligence and surveillance state.  Hong Kong has been completely absorbed and the next target is Taiwan.  

Their Belt and Road initiative in Asia is growing ever larger.  They've for all purposes colonized large parts of Africa.  And are securing long term sources of materials and oil & gas.  In the case of Russia they back Putin, sit back, and watch and wait.

In summary, they appear to have a solid plan in place and are executing it very well. 

Over the weekend I read this about the strategy called "elite capture".  Maybe an eye opener for many.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/18207/elite-capture

Wait, I thought Conald was tough on China?  

20200627_USD000_0.jpg

23 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wait, I thought Conald was tough on China?  

20200627_USD000_0.jpg

Too bad 3 Presidents prior to that were not.  And the one after.  Along with social, political and business elites being bought off.  Threatening our democracy.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

I think both of these two things can be put to bed:

Putin is genius!

Putin is insane!

Putin certainly can run circles around many Western leaders at this point but that's not a super high bar to clear. Certainly don't need to be a genius.

And anyone claiming Putin is insane is at least one order of magnitude more insane than Putin. 

The goals are pretty clear, keep NATO away from the Russian border and protect their warm water ports. So far this all seems to be furthering those goals. They've made good progress getting an open path to Odessa, Kiev is surrounded, and with a path open to Odessa they'll have a path straight through the heart of Ukraine to support their Kiev strike. They're also working on cutting off the Ukrainian troops positioned in the east.

At this point surrender is beyond doubt. The only questions left are what do the terms of surrender look like and what does an isolated Russia on the world stage look like? Can the West reasonably keep up the sanctions? If you're worried about your home energy bill this winter I got bad news about next winter if this all keeps up.

Meanwhile I'm guessing Russia will want some land in the east of Ukraine and I'm not sure anyone has the ability to reasonably challenge that demand.