Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

I actually heard a really good analyst on fox.  She was ex US intelligence and has a Russian accent.  She said this was a classic false flag operation for Putin to actually consolidate power.  He's now has justification for martial law and to draft more soldiers including criminals.  She has a chapter in her book about it.  Seems plausible...

57 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It actually sounds like Prigozhin sold Wagner to the Russian MoD in exchange for exil and guarantees of his own personal security. 

Is George RR Martin writing our current timeline? With pointers from the ghost of Tom Clancy? 

But was he really going to attack Moscow at any point or just a feint?  Did Russian MoD troops really kill a bunch if Wagner to kick this off?

I'm of the opinion we have no idea and won't know the truth for some time if ever.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I actually heard a really good analyst on fox.  She was ex US intelligence and has a Russian accent.  She said this was a classic false flag operation for Putin to actually consolidate power.  He's now has justification for martial law and to draft more soldiers including criminals.  She has a chapter in her book about it.  Seems plausible...

Plausible but I don't think he'd make himself/Russia look so weak to considate power.  He ostensibly has all the power, with a few exceptions.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Plausible but I don't think he'd make himself/Russia look so weak to considate power.  He ostensibly has all the power, with a few exceptions.   

yeah, just read about her.  She uses trump's praise as advertising for her book.  But even MAGA's are right twice a day as to what time it is...

Just now, redtail hawk said:

yeah, just read about her.  She uses trump's praise as advertising for her book.  But even MAGA's are right twice a day as to what time it is...

It's easy to make everyone out to be a supervillain, or a super genius. Especially when weird things happen that don't make sense on the surface.

It's a lot easier to gin up conspiracy theories that connect dots that aren't there with lines of bull####. That way, nobody has to admit they're wrong, or worse, that they aren't in the know. 

• Like (+1) 1

some interesting comments from a British financier who worked in Russia in this piece but basically we have no clue what happened.  Hopefully our spies do.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/8447136/wagner-group-russia-ukraine-coup-putin/

Mr Browder, a former financier who worked in Russia and has since been taking on Putin, said he didn't believe the crisis was over. 

"There's no way to de-escalate because Putin can't forgive somebody who has disrespected him in such a powerful way," he told The Sun. 

"Putin already tried to kill Prigozhin, and he understands they'll probably try it again. I think nobody trusts anyone there now."

"Let's just say that if this thing does de-escalate - there's gonna be a massive purge of the Kremlin like we've never seen before. 

"Putin is going to go after everybody he distrusts in every possible way and it's going to be a total disaster for all people inside the establishment as Putin tests their loyalty because this is the scariest thing that has ever happened to Putin."

"They've emptied out the prisons, and now they're going to fill them up with perceived enemies of the regime."

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes agreed -  I heard it Rebekah Koffler, too. Would not be surprised. 

Edited by BillStime

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

some interesting comments from a British financier who worked in Russia in this piece but basically we have no clue what happened.  Hopefully our spies do.

Mr Browder, a former financier who worked in Russia and has since been taking on Putin, said he didn't believe the crisis was over. 

"There's no way to de-escalate because Putin can't forgive somebody who has disrespected him in such a powerful way," he told The Sun. 

"Putin already tried to kill Prigozhin, and he understands they'll probably try it again. I think nobody trusts anyone there now."

"Let's just say that if this thing does de-escalate - there's gonna be a massive purge of the Kremlin like we've never seen before. 

"Putin is going to go after everybody he distrusts in every possible way and it's going to be a total disaster for all people inside the establishment as Putin tests their loyalty because this is the scariest thing that has ever happened to Putin."

"They've emptied out the prisons, and now they're going to fill them up with perceived enemies of the regime."

Bill Browder has a very entertaining book. He was a corporate raider in Russia right after the fall of the USSR, I believe he made his fortune selling off the USSR's pacific fishing fleet. But he also got in with early anti-Putin dissidents back in the 00s, and watched while they were all packed off to Penal Colonies and murdered. He managed to escape. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

If you haven’t read his book Red Notice, I highly recommend it. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If you haven’t read his book Red Notice, I highly recommend it. 

buying now.  This comment sold me:

"Bill Browder has become one of the most sincerely hated men in the Kremlin over the years--and that is something to be incredibly proud of. . . . This book shows the difference that one person can make when they refuse to back down, as told by a fellow soldier in the battle to hold Putin to account." -- Nadya Tolokonnikova and Masha Alekhina, members of ***** Riot

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m waiting for Malcolm Nance to talk about it. He is still pretty connected in the intelligence community and would probably have some good thoughts here. The idea that it could be a false flag is definitely plausible. Why would Wagner all the sudden stop for no reason if it was really coup

Agreed, it makes no sense for Wagner to be declared as treasonous traitors, march all the way to Moscow, then go “oh it’s just a prank bro.”

I heard a theory where this was a false flag to cover up changes in the MOD.

• Eyeroll 1

I'm certain the 21 post circle jerk was fantastic!

:lol:

You've chosen to ignore content by Roundybout. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by ChiGoose. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by L Ron Burgundy. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by redtail hawk. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Coffeesforclosers. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Coffeesforclosers. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by ChiGoose. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by John from Riverside. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Roundybout. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It's easy to make everyone out to be a supervillain, or a super genius. Especially when weird things happen that don't make sense on the surface.

It's a lot easier to gin up conspiracy theories that connect dots that aren't there with lines of bull####. That way, nobody has to admit they're wrong, or worse, that they aren't in the know. 

Still wouldn't surprise me if Prigozhin is angling to get his hands on those nukes in Belarus. Seems like that kind of guy. 

• Like (+1) 1