Marquez Stevenson designated IR-Return

MAJBobby

Either way I doubt he is available for Thursday. If I remember right from last year Bills really take advantage of that 3 week roster exemption and practice time. 

maybe finally put Beasley on IR to really heal. He obviously isn’t right. Or just take Kumerow’s spot as he is offering NADA. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

That too :)  Am I the only one really nervous when McKenzie returns kicks/punts?  I felt this way long before the Colts fumble.

No, McKenzie plays small, which is a good thing in the slot and going in motion. I've always felt that punt returns would fit his strengths, but he's too small for the big collisions on kickoffs. Similar to Roscoe Parrish when he was returning punts, but they left Mcgee to Kickoff duty. 

The way I see it is McKenzie can not field a kick return again for this team if you are serious about sending a message.

No he's not the sole reason this team lost against the colts but his mistake killed any chance they had to get back in the game. Also McDermott spoke about him multilple times in interviews with the media saying 'he knows he can't turn the ball over'. So it's empty words to let this guy keep playing and the time is now to send a message and make a change if you are coaching staff serious about holding your poor performing team accountable.

And for those that say it could get worse with a rookie, sure he can do the same thing and fumble but that's about it. Best case he actually protects the ball, runs a kick back and gets worked into the offense the rest of the season.

Either way it's time to end the McKenzie experiement for good in Buffalo and if Daboll is gone after this season I'm sure it's a given that McKenzie is also long gone from this team.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

I would bring him up and let Jones go,  but most likely with Sean that will not happen

I would also activate him and let Kumerow walk, but that is me.  But likely wont happen until next week they will get him a full week of practice IMO

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

He would bring more than Kumerow and gives a return option over McKenzie 

Maybe, maybe not. You don't know.

The question was "how could it hurt at this point?"

The team is 6-4 and still fighting for the division. It's not like they're already out of the playoffs.

So, it COULD actually hurt.

McKenzie and Kumerow have been just okay. Would Stevenson have beaten either of them for the job? We don't know if he's gonna be better or worse. He could make a crucial mistake that DOES hurt them.

The answer is that it could definitely hurt at this point.

He'd be taking a spot in a position group that has been the least of their problems. You don't fix the team by fixing what doesn't need to be fixed.

Realistically, I'm sure they have some specific packages for him and maybe want to give him some ST oopportunities. But we can't act like they have nothing to lost at this point. They still have a lot to lose.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.