Teddy Bridgewater...what? Nice tackle attempt...

Big Turk

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Even if Allen thought the play might be dead, he would want the opportunity to lay a lick on the guy and make him PAY for picking up our ball.

I am NOT a Bridgewater fan at all, but this is a guy who had a truly terrible injury and came back. He can't play D and can't really move laterally all that well anymore. I'm not justifying it -- it's a terrible look -- but he may well being coached to steer clear of contact if possible given the leg injury history. The bigger issue: Drew Lock is even worse, and they are a plausible playoff contender. Him going down on what would presumably have been a failed attempt at a tackle wouldn't have done the team any good. To reiterate, though, terrible look.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I am NOT a Bridgewater fan at all, but this is a guy who had a truly terrible injury and came back. He can't play D and can't really move laterally all that well anymore. I'm not justifying it -- it's a terrible look -- but he may well being coached to steer clear of contact if possible given the leg injury history. The bigger issue: Drew Lock is even worse, and they are a plausible playoff contender. Him going down on what would presumably have been a failed attempt at a tackle wouldn't have done the team any good. To reiterate, though, terrible look.

No quarrel with that, and to be clear, I'm not saying that Allen's desire to inflict physical punishment upon a defender who pilfers his pass is a GOOD thing.

But where Allen is concerned, considering some of the licks he's laid down, I'm pretty sure it's a thing.

In addition to being worse...Drew Lock was placed on the Covid-19 list 6 days ago due to testing positive, and is still unavailable AFAIK

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No quarrel with that, and to be clear, I'm not saying that Allen's desire to inflict physical punishment upon a defender who pilfers his pass is a GOOD thing.

But where Allen is concerned, considering some of the licks he's laid down, I'm pretty sure it's a thing.

In addition to being worse...Drew Lock was placed on the Covid-19 list 6 days ago due to testing positive, and is still unavailable AFAIK

Didn't know that about Lock. Another reason for Bridgewater to protect himself so he can live to fight another day.

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

That's a Tom Brady special. 

No kidding. As much (probably deserved) crap as Teddy is getting, I don't think I ever heard one peep from the NFL related press about Tommy's constant refusal to avoid making a tackle after a turnover. It's almost never even mentioned.

I actually like Teddy and think he's had a cursed career. But this is not a good look for him. Now if it was injury related, then maybe I give him a break. But I haven't heard that used as an official explanation. For what it is worth, he finally sort of owned up to a poor effort. Sort of:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32639394/denver-broncos-qb-teddy-bridgewater-own-failing-team-low-effort-fumble-recovery-td

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, The Dean said:

No kidding. As much (probably deserved) crap as Teddy is getting, I don't think I ever heard one peep from the NFL related press about Tommy's constant refusal to avoid making a tackle after a turnover. It's almost never even mentioned.

I actually like Teddy and think he's had a cursed career. But this is not a good look for him. Now if it was injury related, then maybe I give him a break. But I haven't heard that used as an official explanation. For what it is worth, he finally sort of owned up to a poor effort. Sort of:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32639394/denver-broncos-qb-teddy-bridgewater-own-failing-team-low-effort-fumble-recovery-td

One has won 6 Superbowls, the other is meh.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

One has won 6 Superbowls, the other is meh.

Yes, I understanding winning is the cure for all faults. Gretzky didn't check. Rodman didn't score (even when he had an easy layup or dunk), etc. They were mostly saved from criticism because their TEAMS won. (Tom Brady didn't win 6 SBs, the teams he played on did. And, no, I'm not saying he wasn't an integral part. Of course he was.)

But not noticing a total lack of effort? Sorry, that's not in my playbook. Kelly never changed his tough style even though he was a consistent winner. I don't expect Josh will, either. 

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You would never see Josh do that.

You knew one of us Wyoming guys would show up with story, right?  I'll let you read the linked story and watch the video in it.  I'll just mention that Wyo gained field position on this play because we were inside our own 20 at the time (it's in the article too, but this was awesome).

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/3/13831140/wyoming-sdsu-mountain-west-championship-fumble-touchback-interception

Edited by Pokebball
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I am NOT a Bridgewater fan at all, but this is a guy who had a truly terrible injury and came back. He can't play D and can't really move laterally all that well anymore. I'm not justifying it -- it's a terrible look -- but he may well being coached to steer clear of contact if possible given the leg injury history.

If he's being coached to steer clear of contact, Vic Fangio is apparently unaware:

https://www.nfl.com/news/vic-fangio-on-bridgewater-darius-slay-sequence-i-would-like-to-see-teddy-at-leas

"I'd like to see us all pursue it a little bit better offensively and try to get that guy down," Fangio said, per TheDNVR.com " … I'd like to see Teddy at least make a play at the guy."

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

You knew one of us Wyoming guys would show up with story, right?  I'll let you read the linked story and watch the video in it.  I'll just mention that Wyo gained field position on this play because we were inside our own 20 at the time (it's in the article too, but this was awesome).

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/3/13831140/wyoming-sdsu-mountain-west-championship-fumble-touchback-interception

OMG that is amazing.  And I love it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.