The trade deadline has passed ... So now what ??

Buffalo Barbarian

39 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

You have no place in managing things.  Imagine this.  Feliciano is on IR.  Concusion-Morse is the starting center. Bates is playing guard and sprains his ankle.   You are one head-slap from having  McKensie or Ferguson or Obada snapping the ball.  Get a clue.

Ah you edited and added...things. Imagine this. Josh gets placed on COVID. Mitch takes 1 snap from center and gets hurt. Your now have Webb or Fromm in at QB. Or since you like to just throw random names out because of luck of knowledge what would happen in your situations...you have Obada or Groot or Star at QB. 

I would say what you are 1 head slap away from...but we can already see the damage. But keep going, slugger!!!

15 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Actually there are many different styles of managing something. Some people are actually proactive and try to improve issues. Some are worrysome and reactive. Doesn't make either wrong per say. However I can tell you this (from decades of actually owning a successful buisness)...if you manage to the worst case scenario you quite often find yourself in and even worse predicament. 

why have a back up QB?

• Eyeroll 1

On 11/7/2021 at 6:29 PM, Sweats said:

So, the FO refused to address the Oline for the past 2 years and we think they are going to magically find some guys on the PS within the next few weeks?

Wow......just wow

Coach up Tommy Doyle is all I can think.

He fits the mold of a Guard right?

6’8”?

45 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I was joking, but seriously this team has nowhere to turn.

Spencer Brown must return and after that there is nowhere else to go besides giving Ryan Bates a try.

If Brown can play this week, I think they'll go Dawkins, Boettger, Morse, Williams, and Brown.

Despite all of their oline woes, Bates doesn't get on the field.  Whether it's the emergency oline fill in due to injury thing or is it even possible he's worse than Ford.  Dunno

53 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Despite all of their oline woes, Bates doesn't get on the field.  Whether it's the emergency oline fill in due to injury thing or is it even possible he's worse than Ford.  Dunno

Bates is the back up center now, With Mongo healthy they may try Bates at guard but not now.  With Morse with concussion history if bates got injured playing guard we would be down to the long snapper.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 8:33 AM, since79 said:

Bates is the back up center now, With Mongo healthy they may try Bates at guard but not now.  With Morse with concussion history if bates got injured playing guard we would be down to the long snapper.  

Brown being out puts the whole line down in a spiral.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Which should not happen. Scenario's like the current are what the trade deadline is for. You made a mistake in the offseason, mid-season you're thinking you can make a run, you use the trade deadline to help correct some of the offseason mistakes...

The team was going to replace most of the OL by/at the trade deadline?  This is not MLB nor Madden.

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Which should not happen. Scenario's like the current are what the trade deadline is for. You made a mistake in the offseason, mid-season you're thinking you can make a run, you use the trade deadline to help correct some of the offseason mistakes...

they should have thats for sure, im surprised they didn't address. When you have a Superbowl team but let a few weaknesses derail the whole thing , that is unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, Groin said:

The team was going to replace most of the OL by/at the trade deadline?  This is not MLB nor Madden.

Didn't need the whole line but quality depth should have been adressed. When Ford comes in and Brown is out the line goes from solid to terrible

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Didn't need the whole line but quality depth should have been adressed. When Ford comes in and Brown is out the line goes from solid to terrible

Yes, depth would be great.  But if a team has OL depth, I remain of the belief that they don't trade it just 'cuz.  Look at the Bills now that guys are out.

And yes, Ford is terrible 100%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Groin said:

Yes, depth would be great.  But if a team has OL depth, I remain of the belief that they don't trade it just 'cuz.  Look at the Bills now that guys are out.

And yes, Ford is terrible 100%.

We needed to do something, might have had to overpay for a guy but it worth it for a Superbowl season, can't always play for the future.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We needed to do something, might have had to overpay for a guy but it worth it for a Superbowl season, can't always play for the future.

I'm on board with your line of thinking, but other contenders, who understand what happens when guys go down (and they will), aren't going to trade their talent.  So then what do you do?  You trade for parity, i.e. talent that's basically equal to the existing lacking backups that you already have.  It's a quandary.

Edited by Groin

Just now, Groin said:

I'm on board with your line of thinking, but other contenders, who understand what happens when guys go down (and they will), aren't going to trade their talent.  So then what do you do?  You trade for parity, i.e. the existing lacking backups that you already have.  It's a quandary.

A losing team may have bit, maybe trade  a second and and 5th  to Jacksonville for Andrew Norwell.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

A losing team may have bit, maybe trade  a second and and 5th  to Jacksonville for Andrew Norwell.

But why is Jacksonville trading a highly paid offensive lineman they just extended when they're trying to develop and protect Lawrence?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

But why is Jacksonville trading a highly paid offensive lineman they just extended when they're trying to develop and protect Lawrence?

just an example, i heard one of the radio guys talk about him. But there could have been somebody somewhere like when we traded away Watkins and and Marcel Dareus.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Imagine if we kept Ritchie and Wyatt Teller on this team.

We really should have trade for Zack Ertz, having him and Knox would have made this team better and if one of them goes down there isnt a huge drop off.

And maybe it would have made dabol wake up to having two tight ends in the field at one time!

If we as fans can see why the team is losing, and clearly point to coaching, imagine how the players feel?

1 minute ago, colin said:

And maybe it would have made dabol wake up to having two tight ends in the field at one time!

If we as fans can see why the team is losing, and clearly point to coaching, imagine how the players feel?

Well they are much smarter than us 😉😉

Hopefully they see how in all our losses and some of the closer wins that we are being manhandled on both sides of the ball and get serious about upgrading the offensive line and adding size to the defensive line.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.