Was this the worst upset loss in team history?

BADOLBILZ

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Relatively healthy to the tune of starting 2 backups on OL and one out of position

Ravens are 6-2 with half starters on IR and made another big comeback today against the Vikings.

Cardinals are smashing the 49ers on the road right now without the MVP leading QB and best WR in the league.

Injuries happen but it's not an excuse and if anything this front office needs to be pressed as to why they didn't force a deal last week or thought this roster was good enough in the first place.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I would easily classify it as the most embarrassing loss of the JA/McD era.

I would say that there have been more embarrassing losses in terms of getting absolutely pumped (but to better opponents like Philly or New Orleans) in the McD era but definitely in terms of a loss to a totally garbage team who basically humiliated your offense, this one is the worst by far! 

17 minutes ago, Rumblinstumblin said:

No, because the signs were there last week vs the Dolphins at home. Pitt game to get into the playoffs was the worst 

Good call on that one! Losing to the Pittsburgh 3rd stringers when the playoffs were on the line was totally humiliating as a Bills fan.

4 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

no.  this is the NFL.  the Bills were down two OL starters and a shifted OL, their clutch TE and playing against an inspired defense.  

Of course we weren't fully healthy. But that is not an excuse against one of the worst teams in the NFL. 

What is making this worse is the fact that the O has looked out of sorts for past 3 games. Forget dominance, they don't have the ability to adjust and put together a few drives. Brady used to do this consistently during his time with the Pats**. We just can't seem to do this. 

Allen was continuously under pressure and had no time to get into any rhythm. 

Very depressing performance today

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Ravens are 6-2 with half starters on IR and made another big comeback today against the Vikings.

Cardinals are smashing the 49ers on the road right now without the MVP leading QB and best WR in the league.

Injuries happen but it's not an excuse and if anything this front office needs to be pressed as to why they didn't force a deal last week or thought this roster was good enough in the first place.

Who are the Ravens starters who are on IR?  They do have some, but half?  C’Mon.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who are the Ravens starters who are on IR?  They do have some, but half?  C’Mon.

I hope this isn't serious, see for yourself here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/BAL/baltimore-ravens/injuries/

But to name a few of note....

JK Dobbins

Gus Edwards

Marcus Peters

JaWuan James

Ronnie Staley

Like I said, injuries suck but we didn't have an NFL caliber starting oline to begin with let alone quality backups and that's on the front office.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Relatively healthy to the tune of starting 2 backups on OL and one out of position

I'd be willing to bet that the Bills were as healthy as any team in the league going into this game.   They were missing a TE and a rookie LT who's only started a couple games.  Am I missing anyone else?

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I hope this isn't serious, see for yourself here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/BAL/baltimore-ravens/injuries/

But to name a few of note....

JK Dobbins

Gus Edwards

Marcus Peters

JaWuan James

Ronnie Staley

Like I said, injuries suck but we didn't have an NFL caliber starting oline to begin with let alone quality backups and that's on the front office.

Those aren’t all starters on that lengthy IR list

If “half the starters” are on IR, should be 22 names

Yes, the Ravens have lost some serious skill players, and are playing very well

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'd be willing to bet that the Bills were as healthy as any team in the league going into this game.   They were missing a TE and a rookie LT who's only started a couple games.  Am I missing anyone else?

Feliciano on IR, meaning playing backups at 3 OL positions and TE

Two guys who played but went into the game “questionable”

in terms of historic significance we can't know until later in the season at the earliest.

in terms of where we were, and where the opponents were on the day of the game, yes this is the worst loss and combined w our play vs Tenn, first half miami, and now this game i'd say the odds (for betting) of us being pretenders and falling apart are higher now than us going to the chip.

we had the #1 scoring O and D coming into this game (2 teams have ever finished the season with that, both champs) and were the best odds to win the chip as of last week.  Jags had not won on american soil since week 1 2020!!!

the penalties, the turnovers, the zero rhythm on O, and losing by 3 points all come together for this to be the worst upset of a bills team given expectations coming into the game.

sad

16 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Yep it’s up there but didn’t the 1991 team lose to a 1-16 Patriots team 14-7?  That was a major upset 

Thats the first one that comes to mind.

The Bills havent been in this position much in their 61 year history, so the list is pretty short.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.