Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I think that’s where people are a bit confused though. I’m not stating my beliefs or opinions, but I’m not sure if NFL players should have an expectation of privacy. There are countless scenarios that can happen which gives away ones vaccination status. If you feel the question shouldn’t be asked by the media, I understand that, but I don’t think a player should assume they’ll be able to keep it private. 

A number of players have stated they want to keep that information "in house" or "private" when asked.  Allen is one of them.  For the most part that's been respected. 

I don't think it's "off limits" to the press to ask, though, because of the potential impact on game availability.  But the player need not answer.

The NFLPA was concerned about "tells" giving away a player's vaccination status and negotiated several changes to the original NFL proposals.

For example, originally players were supposed to wear different colored bracelets, and active players were supposed to mask on the sidelines during a game.

Those both went away.

The place where a player's right to medical privacy collides with "the public's right to know" is where it impacts the player's game availability (eg injury reports that list "ankle" or "shoulder" albeit not necessarily more), their practice status, and their game status on Friday.  So when they test positive or are exposed, and the protocols dictate different actions and timelines, that pretty much becomes an unavoidable "tell".

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

True, and Rogers should have had a readily crafted answer given the current climate, but he didn't.  Google JA and his status.  The fist thing that pops up is "For Buffalo Bills, covid 19 issues keep threatening to take down the team".  So yes, Allen handled it better, but there was some fall out.  With so much happening, all of these stories are short lived.

It was short lived in Allen's case because they were looking for anything to punch holes in and he provided nothing. 

Rodgers gave the media a wet paper bag with his "immunized" statement. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I think that’s where people are a bit confused though. I’m not stating my beliefs or opinions, but I’m not sure if NFL players should have an expectation of privacy. There are countless scenarios that can happen which gives away ones vaccination status. If you feel the question shouldn’t be asked by the media, I understand that, but I don’t think a player should assume they’ll be able to keep it private. 

For sure NFL players sacrifice privacy, it goes with the territory.  And your right, declining to answer is essentially the equivalent of saying your not vaxed.  Unfortunately, its a very private matter that is being cast into the public eye to create division.

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This is all ridiculous as the NFL and the Packers are missing a golden opportunity.

They should petition him to be able to play.  He can wear a mask.  Since social distancing will be in effect no one will be able to get within six feet of him, so sacks are out.  He can run everything out of the shotgun and do pitches for running plays.

The huddle is a little bit of an issue, but still, they can make it work if he just steps back a bit and isn't very loud.  They can give him the plays right into his helmet from the sidelines.

Where others see only obstacles I see opportunity.  

Rodgers stands 10 feet away, with a paper cup and a string to the rest of the huddle!

I do find his press conference today to be a bit interesting in that he claims to not have got the vaccine because he's allergic to some ingredients.  If that's the case, then why go off on "woke mobs and cancel culture" in the next statement as the allergic claim would be a valid reason for not getting it, make your whole statement about that alone.  If he's trying to make it into being about both, really makes me question the allergic claim.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Do you also begrudgingly agree with him put his teammates and coworkers - any of whom can be at risk vaxxed or unvaxed - by lying and then proceeding to ignore safety protocols?

This is a dumb narrative. His teammates and the league knew his status and he followed protocols outside of the mask at press conferences. As many others have stated, it's his right to disclose or not disclose. If you want to call him a liar for saying "immunized", ok. I don't have an issue with ever misleading the media. The media and public don't have a right to any information.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A number of players have stated they want to keep that information "in house" or "private" when asked.  Allen is one of them.  For the most part that's been respected. 

I don't think it's "off limits" to the press to ask, though, because of the potential impact on game availability.  But the player need not answer.

The NFLPA was concerned about "tells" giving away a player's vaccination status and negotiated several changes to the original NFL proposals.

For example, originally players were supposed to wear different colored bracelets, and active players were supposed to mask on the sidelines during a game.

Those both went away.

The place where a player's right to medical privacy collides with "the public's right to know" is where it impacts the player's game availability (eg injury reports that list "ankle" or "shoulder" albeit not necessarily more), their practice status, and their game status on Friday.  So when they test positive or are exposed, and the protocols dictate different actions and timelines, that pretty much becomes an unavoidable "tell".

Recall a few years back, there was the lineman on the Bills, think his name was Henderson who was out for a non football related reason, think he almost died from it.  Many here were posting how we have a "right to know"   When non football injury, then no we don't.  We may be told if the player wants to let us know, but we don't have a right.

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

There are more than 1 way to skin a cat?  Kidding aside, I can see where you're coming from but I appreciate where he's coming from with the what I think is craziness surrounding all things COVID.  

As far as "more than 1 way to skin a cat", the NFL has very specific definitions of what "vaccinated" means:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/explainer-rodgers-and-how-the-nfls-covid-19-protocols-work/ar-AAQmGOh

In addition the above does IMO a pretty good job of explaining some points that we haven't been aware of:

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING A PLAYER'S VACCINE STATUS?

Each of the 32 NFL teams. Players must submit proof of vaccination to the team, not to the league office.

So the league, watching pressers, has no way of knowing whether the players are vaccinated or not, that is "on" the clubs to track.

WHAT IS CONSIDERED SUFFICIENT VACCINATION?

Players must take two shots of one of the approved vaccinations under NFL protocols — Pfizer or Moderna — or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson. As Dr. Allen Sills, the league’s chief medical officer, has explained, players who have been previously documented with having had COVID-19 could be considered protected with one shot of those vaccines.

There’s also the possibility of a player having antibody levels that show a previous case of the coronavirus, and they can receive one shot to be protected.

“We have very clear protocols on vaccination requirements and what can be considered as being fully vaccinated under those protocols,” Sills said.

Here are the league's protocols as of Aug 30 although I think there have been a few revisions since then:

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1630429861/league/fq1xlxxulwwwi0hi377l.pdf

For purposes of these Protocols “Fully Vaccinated” means
that 14 days have passed since the individual received his
or her last dose of the applicable vaccine (a single dose of
Johnson & Johnson, or the second dose of Pfizer or
Moderna) OR the individual has previously tested positive
for COVID-19 as documented by (i) a valid rt-PCR test or
(ii) a quantitative antibody test (taken at the Club facility
and administered by BioReference Laboratory personnel
after August 26, 2021 and before the individual has
received any dose of a COVID vaccine) demonstrating
COVID total antibody levels (IgG, IgA, IgM) to the spike
protein of 100 U/mL or greater, and a positive antibody test
to the COVID IgG nucleocapsid protein, and 14 days have
passed since the individual received one dose of any
COVID vaccine (Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer or Moderna).

So it's pretty well defined.  You can't get vaccinated with any of the vaccines approved by WHO but not FDA. 

Homeopathic "immunization" is also not part of the definition. 

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Recall a few years back, there was the lineman on the Bills, think his name was Henderson who was out for a non football related reason, think he almost died from it.  Many here were posting how we have a "right to know"   When non football injury, then no we don't.  We may be told if the player wants to let us know, but we don't have a right.

Seantrel Henderson.  He had Crohn's Disease. 

I don't recall the "right to know" posting, but I don't disbelieve you either.

I do recall him being pretty open about it, partly as a public service to let people know if they had these symptoms to get checked.

I agree with you, the public does not have a 'right to know'.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He got vaccinated for real a few days later.

Yeah, some people were "on him" for saying that a day or 2 before he actually got jabbed but I gave him the benefit of the doubt for speaking to his intention, since he actually promptly did it.

11 minutes ago, Magox said:

To half of the population it will.

Who the hell votes for MVP anyway, is it a population wide vote or ??

I'm a little confused though - when I grew up, most everyone seemed to believe lying was Wrong.  That change?

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It was short lived in Allen's case because they were looking for anything to punch holes in and he provided nothing. 

Rodgers gave the media a wet paper bag with his "immunized" statement. 

Yes, a mistake on his part.  If he keeps talking, it will drag out, but if he pipes down, it will die off with the next big story.

30 minutes ago, wjag said:

IMO.  Aaron Rodgers exited the MVP race this week.  Voters will/can forget the week 1 blemish/debacle. But this will tarnish his image and standing.   

I mean there is a lot of Football left to go.

oddly enough he didn't include this part.

I hope you are able to see the distinction I am trying to point out. In no sense do I advocate evading or defying the law, as would the rabid segregationist. That would lead to anarchy. One who breaks an unjust law must do so openly, lovingly, and with a willingness to accept the penalty. I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

Aaron is still lying. He went to Halloween party with over 3 team members present. He made adds and media(State Farm) which was prohibited per protocols union agreed to. Taking unapproved for covid horse dewormer is not immunized. So he lied about that.

It is a pandemic of the unvaxxed so he lied about that too. And very very likely he could not know he is allergic to anything in those vaccines, because he and others keep saying "we don't know what is in them"

I haven't heard Aaron Rodgers say "we don't know what is in them", nor did he claim ivermectin = immunization.  Am I wrong?

Both the mRNA vaccines contain polyethelene glycol 2000.  PEG allergy is an established "thing", which can be verified by skin prick or intradermal tests.  It is rare, but possible he may have it.   It would impact the person's ability to use a wide number of medications and cosmetic products as well as these specific vaccines.

I don't know if he made the State Farm ads or other prohibited appearances during the season - do you?

I did hear he had a Halloween party at his house and went to a party with the team, which would appear to be a protocol violation.  Wonder if the NFL will try to investigate that and/or how far they'll get if they do.

I'm not a "fan" of Rodgers behavior but I am trying to be fair here.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Yes, a mistake on his part.  If he keeps talking, it will drag out, but if he pipes down, it will die off with the next big story.

In the media, yes. It's old news once it quiets down. In social media, doubt he will ever live it down. 

As pointed out by Sal, people still have "no goal" stickers on their cars. 

Fans don't forget. 

Edited by The Wiz

Matt LaFleur just gave an epic press conference, he looks like a man about to snap.  "Ask me a question about the Chiefs or our football team, I'm not gonna answer anything else."

Reporter: "I'm sorry to ask this because I don't think you've seen the interview..."

LaFleur: "THEN DON'T ASK IT, LANCE"

:lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, QCity said:

Matt LaFleur just gave an epic press conference, he looks like a man about to snap.  "Ask me a question about the Chiefs or our football team, I'm not gonna answer anything else."

Reporter: "I'm sorry to ask this because I don't think you've seen the interview..."

LaFleur: "THEN DON'T ASK IT, LANCE"

:lol:

LaFleur has done a great job coaching, but I feel for him. He kind of comes across as Rodgers patsy. 

• Like (+1) 1